Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

This I'm aware of, and I would have much rather preferred they kept the door shut until it was ready for implementation and then adjusted according to feedback post release.

Yes, I am quite hotheaded that I have to stare at the hideous thing for weeks to come and I'm really hoping it takes priority. I don't want a cure taking as long as it's taking Nef Anyo to be reworked (aka 20+ months).

That is true but hopefully this one won't take so much time. This is more frustrating than the Ne Anyo rework and this can cause massive extinction for the tenno population.

DE. Save the tenno lives!

Edited by Sziklamester

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

happens almost with every new aspect they add to the game

Though not a single addition has repulsed me through every ounce of my being as much as this growth has and the hideous creature that emerged from it, strolling around my personal space ship and personal space.

19 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

It was made to access the Helminth Charger at last second without much thought about the after effects of implementation.  After break, DE will be coming back to the Helminth Charge acquisition, and I'm assuming the cyst, being part of that process, will be addressed as well.  

i think they used this method to see the connections between the players, starting for the initial vector (Nidus), since is barely possible avoid an player in-mission with this infection because the narrow corridors, ressurections, on start of the mission/joining randomly matches and the extraction, plus giving the infested charger as pet, as requested an long ago, considering on the lore, by itself, require the warframes have some connection with infested, so we have an "tamed infestation" strain called Helminth (if you don't know about the existence of strains on infested, Alad V created the Mutalist strain while he was infested and the Black Seed group brought the Juggernaut's strain... more and less)

if they are implementing something similar to the "corrupting blood incident", from WoW, they will be interested on this kind of data, after all, this is an controlled environment with "real people" inside of it, without "any real consequences" except the little annoying cyst destroying our "fashion frame" end-game

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

8 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

What bothers me the most is that I have only done one single Public mission, where nobody joined, and I still got the cyst. And I haven't even done the quest yet, and now I gotta deal with that.

Then you are in the same boat as me. For me nothig happend just levelled my nidus but didn't went to public and not traded with peoples a while and never sat in the seat but I still got the infection. This is annoying as hell.

8 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Then you are in the same boat as me. For me nothig happend just levelled my nidus but didn't went to public and not traded with peoples a while and never sat in the seat but I still got the infection. This is annoying as hell.

If that's true and just having Nidus gives that infection is bs

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

13 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

The Warframes are technically made of infestation and metal. Think Evangelion

ehn... i know about it already

The hypocrisy I was mentioning is that we fought, and fight, against the infested, scolding others by calling them infested (Twin Queens and Tenno said that on TWW) and we even try not to listen to the speeches of the bosses...  but we use something made of them

8 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

I don't even have Nidus, and I got it from an empty Public mission.

doesn't need to be Nidus, he was just the initial vector, my Ember Prime was infected by an Excalibur mr 3... serious

any warframe can infect others, if it has the visible cyst (that barely can see until stay near enough to be infected (2 meters)), like i said above

it's barely possible to avoid it, unless you play solo and don't visit your dojo while your comrades are online

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same actions, over and over again, until the result changes... damn RNG, i'm insane

7 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

doesn't need to be Nidus, he was just the initial vector, my Ember Prime was infected by an Excalibur mr 3... serious

any warframe can infect others, if it has the visible cyst (that barely can see until stay near enough to be infected (2 meters)), like i said above

it's barely possible to avoid it, unless you play solo and don't visit your dojo while your comrades are online

That's the thing, though, there wasn't anyone else in the mission. I got infected out of thin air.

5 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

That's the thing, though, there wasn't anyone else in the mission. I got infected out of thin air.

So the only bet I have is from an infected player who tried to get into your public mission, but he fell immediately afterwards, maybe from bad connection or crash, because when the player tries to enter, he appears literally on your side

Edited by Zeyez

8 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

So the only bet I have is from an infected player who tried to get into your public mission, but he fell immediately afterwards, maybe from bad connection or crash, because when the player tries to enter, he appears literally on your side

Not that either, considering we get messages telling us when people join. There were no messages, no players spawning and leaving, no nothing.

This entire Helminth system is just absurdly broken...

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

10 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Not that either, considering we get messages telling us when people join. There were no messages, no players spawning and leaving, no nothing.

No dojo, only one public mission without any player joining in and even considering the incubation time of 24 hours you don't know where you got from... Congratulations, you've got an autoimmune disease that looks like the helminth cyst

My "patient zero" was my Nekros prime, when I was still working on the nidus parts in Oestrus, obviously, no Nidus in the mission and i didn't found out the player who did it, since i had no clues about the existence of this cyst on day 2... funny enough, I just found out that he was the first when i was searching for the warframe, on day 8-9, that can be drained to create my helminth charger, since before the cyst appeared on him, i changed the warframe and i barely use nekros beyond for farm things

from day 4, to avoid spread even further the "disease", i keep only one warframe exposed each day, hoping for this cyst doesn't last beyond 20 days

Edited by Zeyez

The worst part is that you can still get infected while in relays and such, as well. So for fashion framers and the like this is literally a nightmare and I believe they should work on just being able to let us drain it without having to make a charger / wait 7 days.

As far as I'm concerned this is the worst thing DE has added to Warframe, here I thought Rivens were bad. 8 of my frames are infected with ebolAIDS permanently with no cure or immunity vaccine. I thought draining the cyst would cure my Saryn Prime, but nope it just grows back the next day. It doesn't even match my warframe's colors, so not only is it unfitting and gross on most of my frames but it also ruins my New Loka color schemes.

I don't mind parts of the concept behind it. Just let me cure my warframes of it and give them immunity. And do NOT put it behind a platinum paywall, or I will regret all the plat I bought this Christmas.

Edited by THEWULFMAN

5 minutes ago, THEWULFMAN said:

As far as I'm concerned this is the worst thing DE has added to Warframe, here I thought Rivens were bad. 8 of my frames are infected with ebolAIDS permanently with no cure or immunity vaccine. I thought draining the cyst would cure my Saryn Prime, but nope it just grows back the next day. It doesn't even match my warframe's colors, so not only is it unfitting and gross on most of my frames but it also ruins my New Loka color schemes.

I don't mind parts of the concept behind it. Just let me cure my warframes of it and give them immunity. And do NOT put it behind a platinum paywall, or I will regret all the plat I bought this Christmas.

Wow, I was taking a bit of a break. Just not feeling as interested in playing. Seeing this, I won't be logging in again at all until this is resolved. Sounds like this would completely ruin my fashionframe, and I don't even want an infested pet, so I would just like to be immune, period.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

11 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I'm guessing it will be an injection on the market or something similar. 

buy your space herpes vaccine for 5 plat for each of your warframe.

ps: when your herpes zit already past day 4, there's a chance that this vaccine won't work at all.

Edited by dataman88