The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

Only had three warframes infected and one has had a grown cyst drained.

I heard they grow back after you drain them so I'd propose to be able to drain them to get mutagen samples, neurodes & or neural sensors.

Maybe depending on the warframe you drain it from or RNG, thoughts anyone?

6 hours ago, d34d0n1mp4ckt said:

Sure sure, I'm shallow and pedantic. But I am not the only one complaining either.
Its really annoying, and actually quite distracting.

What if I am the psychologist? Who does a psychologist see if they need a psychologist? O.o

A mirror?

1 hour ago, 321agemo said:

Maybe the final form is when we can infect the charger with a cyst, then using its blueprint and the drained cyst from the charger, we form a mega charger. We shall call this mega charger “Helminth Phorid”.

Then we infect Helminth Phorid again to produce a stronger strain. After 7 days this strain is then drain and injected into kavat DNA genes. This will produce a giga size infected pet, which we shall dub it as “Helminth Lephantis”

Now comes the tricky part. You have to feed Lephantis by letting it consume each type of enemy (grineer, corpus, and infested) until a cyst starts growing in each head.

Once your done, you feed ordis to it and your liset becomes infected. After around 2 days, your entire orbiter is infected and you can rename your new ship, which we shall call it “Helminth Golem” aka the final stage.

Weirdly enough, without the huge time-gate you put in, I love this idea.
Despite me liking ordis a bit.

It bothers me that these @(*()$ cysts bother me so much.  I got cysts on frames I haven't played in recent memory.  I want them gone and don't want to see them on my frames ever again.  I don't like this idea at all.

Also annoyed that we are stuck with infested garbage on the ship.  I was originally hoping that the Kavats would involve a quest where you had to breed one and it would eat that crap and get it off the ship.  But Kavats arrived and no quest related to them.  Just mysterious BS junking up the ship for months and months.  Now we get ugly disturbing S#&$ on our frames that we can't get rid of without an effort far exceeding any worth these things bring or annoyance they cause.

May the creators of this idea get Space Cysts where the sun don't shine.

10 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

RPers should be able to adjust and make that part of their play until you get the ability to take it off.

Well we have the horrible disfigurement/illness and are picking up space trash if we bring our ugly pet, but we can't properly RP a space hobo without space lice.  Get on that DE.  Everyone wants space vermin crawling all over all their frames.  Lice and/or fleas.  That's what's we've all been looking for from a game.

Rather than make jokes about it, I wish they'd post something on the forums acknowledging they understand some of the player base is annoyed by it, but there's something coming in xyz amount of time rather than a vague Twitter post.
Considering how much I've blown on FashionFrame not super keen on spending more, also not keen on making all my frames a gross fuschia color either ;p

For the love of god please fix the cyst... It's ruining the game for me and I'm sure many other people.

I just logged in super excited that I'd get to play cyst free (solo of course so as to not get reinfected) after taking a week off waiting it out and draining it and lo and behold the cyst has magically reappeared ON THE SAME FRAME WHICH I DRAINED 2 DAYS AGO AND HAVEN'T PLAYED SINCE (in fact I've not played a single round at all since draining it). Fhat the wuck! how is this possible?  I am not waiting another 7 days, farming another kubrow egg and argon crystal, and spending 100k on a power core JUST SO THAT IT CAN KEEP COMING BACK. I don't even have Nidus or the chair unlocked so it can't be related to that either... Translation: you can't get rid of it... it will keep growing back without even needing to play the game.

I'm done... alt f4, see you in a month (or more) when you figure this crap out...

Edited by FergyA

5 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

every day until there are no other topics on the first page

Maybe you will get a ban first.

But honestly when will you keep it down? Give them time. The holidays just ended. They have to figure out a way to make alot of people happy. There are people like you who never want the cyst back. There are people who want to breed alot of chargers and therefore need the cyst. And there are people who never got the cyst and want the charger.
And so on...
And figuring all that out takes a lot of time...

Apparently they grow back without even needing reinfection... I just logged on after draining my cyst 2 days ago and not playing since to find a brand new cyst growing on the same frame... Translation: you can't get rid of the cyst...

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Maybe you will get a ban first.

But honestly when will you keep it down? Give them time. The holidays just ended. They have to figure out a way to make alot of people happy. There are people like you who never want the cyst back. There are people who want to breed alot of chargers and therefore need the cyst. And there are people who never got the cyst and want the charger.
And so on...
And figuring all that out takes a lot of time...

I'm all for letting them figure these things out, but maybe it would have been better to never add forced (repulsive imo) cosmetic changes in the first place without a way to stop it? The problem isn't that they need to "figure out a way" the problem is that they didn't wait to release this thing until they had both ready. Warframe has a history of getting systems added that aren't nearly finished, this one just bothers me immeasurably more than other ones do. Getting systems like syndicates or focus that don't seem finished at release? Eh, I can live with that, but the cyst? I can't hardly look at the thing with shuddering / getting itches. Every time I log in I see it, shudder, and maybe run mission or two before I log off again. The infested don't bother me, but some combination of it throbbing, the "hair," and the fact that I cannot get rid of it make it immeasurably more frustrating.

As for it being the holidays, personally I think it would be much preferable to get maybe a minor update or even just a tactical alert vs releasing what they typically do over the break. I can't really imagine it's ever a good idea to release a bunch of additions / changes and then just put all feedback on hold for 3 weeks.

Edited by Invisum
Punctuation

8 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

>Play public

>Get infected again

>Repeat until salt level intensifies and you come to the forums to vent

Except playing public isn't even required to get infected again... I just logged in after draining a cyst 2 days ago and not playing since to find a brand new cyst growing... Translation: you can't get rid of it.