Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non meta weapons = MR fodder

._.-._.

On 1/4/2017 at 7:59 AM, SeaUrchins said:

After I finished building Tigris Prime I view everything as MR fodder. I realize I am biased, but I doubt any primary can pack a similar punch even with Rivens.

Tonkor. No weapon can pack as high raw damage I don't think as TP but the Tonk can one shot groups of level 100s (the highest level you'll see outside of hour long survivals or 50+ defenses). Why shoot one when you can clear a room in a trigger pull? 

On 1/4/2017 at 1:15 PM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

You guys make me laugh.  "Herp, derp, there's no MR fodder weapons."  Why aren't you using Mk 1 series weapons then?

Because MK1 isn't the be and end all of that weapon. Let's face it when someone says I use tigris, or dark dagger, or soma, they mean prime or syndicate not the regular. 

Do I think "Non-Meta" weapons are MR fodder? No. But I do think MR fodder weapons are totally non-meta though.

There are Non-Meta weapons I don't consider to be MR fodder, but I know they aren't what I'd want at high levels. Stuff like my Gorgon Wraith, or the Orthos and Orthos Prime. They aren't really great in the meta, but I don't consider them MR fodder. I consider them Mid-MR range weapons that are still hella fun to use. Do I use them a lot? Not really. I did get a Gorgon Riven though, and it did make me break it out for missions. There's something satisfying with a +fire rate, +electric damage, +Punch through Gorgon. Does it make the weapon Meta, no, but it does make it FUN.

Some weapons are just sad, even WITH a Riven mod. Like my Viper Riven Mod. You're probably like.. "But Salen, Twin Viper Wraiths are awesome, why not put it on there?" And I'd say "Because it's a Viper Riven, not a Twin Viper Riven Mod." I'm not going to make a non-plural Viper. I'm MR22. I'd rather just use my Twin Grakata than use any Riven boosted single-Viper. It's just not worth it.

So yeah.... uh, anyone want a non-plural Viper riven mod? It's uh... Super Great. Clem approved! :clem:

1 hour ago, Salenstormwing said:

So yeah.... uh, anyone want a non-plural Viper riven mod? It's uh... Super Great. Clem approved! :clem:

I'll take it, no joke.

I equally enjoy my wraith twin vipers and my single viper w/ augment.

Edited by rapt0rman

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:45 AM, (PS4)namtap032892 said:

Wait... Who would ever think the non meta are MR fodder? I always thought the meta weapons were MR fodder. (Like, seriously, Phage was crap, Soma just failed to give me the damage I wanted and just ate up my ammo, and I refuse to use the Simulor or Ignis because nothing is more boring than "Point and shoot to win, no skill needed.")

But in all seriousness, I was laughing my &#! off when I learned that Tiberon had a stronger disposition than Latron, considering they're practically the same gun, but Tiberon is stronger and shoots three bullets instead of one. Now that I have some Riven Mods for it,, I have no real issues taking it into higher level games. And now that they are releasing Shotgun and Secondary Rivens, "meta" is just becoming another word for "unimaginative."

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing if they'll release Melee Rivens. At this point, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't. Especially since some of the most fun non meta weapons are melees. If you ever get your hands on Vulpine Mask, give Destreza a try.

You think in a similar manner as I do. I consider some "Meta" weapons as MR fodder. Tonkor is a prime example for the same reasons you listed above for the simulor and Ignis. Heck, I'm currently putting forma into the Sicaris Prime just because of how it looks and fires. Adding Forma to the Hema just to piss players off that don't have one yet. Hehe

Rivens to me are just fun challenges to unlock. I enjoy that more getting or using them. I know weird right? :D

Convectrix is a good example of MR Fodder. You go in knowing its not going to be end game viable but expect a cool, fun to use, infested clearing, pair of energy scissors... Im sure rivens cant save it

But the fun factor is definitely feeling more alive with rivens. Im considering buying all rivens for weapons with an alt fire

Edit: To answer the two questions. No and extra no

Edited by (XB1)bigsnake84

if you have around 10 forma on a weapon the only way to boost it's stats is a descent skin and color scheme.

You can do all mission in the starchart with a rightmoded mk-1 braton so i guess you'll be fine, whatever you like.

What is mr folder...........boltor prime?

Edited by angias
i fear neither op nor tryhard.

On 1/3/2017 at 10:42 PM, SilvaDreams said:

Before? Nope.

After? Double nope!

^this

I have always had fun using non-meta gear and frames. Rivens make my already multi-forma'd even more fun than before. People have their reasons for thinking Rivens broke the game, but for me they just made it more fun. 

Some weapons are mastery fodder for me, but that because I simply don't like some aspect of the weapon.