Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the infested door

Rivyn

I understand why you would need Nidus to open it first, but after? Why can't any of your other Frames, or even the Operator, stroll on in? It's your ship, you've already unlocked it, so why can't you use it? 

6 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

I understand why you would need Nidus to open it first, but after? Why can't any of your other Frames, or even the Operator, stroll on in? It's your ship, you've already unlocked it, so why can't you use it? 

Probably because the infestation on our ship is alive (and remains alive after Nidus opens it) and it only listens to Nidus. Helminth doesn't sound too happy to see us, the Operators.

Edit: found some info on wiki.

Helminth will refer to the player as "Master" when Nidus is equipped. Using the Transference function, the player may position Nidus near to door to keep it open then switch to their Operator. When the Operator enters the room Helminth will refer to them as the "Void demon" or simply as "demon".

Interestingly:

If the player manage to enter the infested room with any other warframe, Helminth also refer to the player as "Master".

Edited by Beggining

One could say that the door was never locked to begin with and Helminth would just never open the door to us. Pretty sure that that is the lore reason at least. And Helminth still only opens the door for Nidus. (ignoring of course that before Nidus the room did not even exist)

Helminth is shy, give him his space. He'll only unlock the closet when he senses senpai nearby.

Jokes aside, it does get annoying having to change loadout every time I want to access his medical services yet-to-come. That cyst better do something more than breed a new Kubrow skin.

48 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Interestingly:

If the player manage to enter the infested room with any other warframe, Helminth also refer to the player as "Master".

Probably an unintended bug. Most likely, as the door only opens for Nidus, Helminth's lines simply check if you're there as Operator or Warframe.

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

saryn should be able to open the door..

she is infected pretty well too

so should Chroma, but it can be argued that Saryn is Toxin-themed, not infested themed. she has some traits of the infested, but she serves as a more generic "all things poisonous incarnate" frame. and I reckon Chroma doesn't get allowed in because part of his frame might have some kind of Sentient Tech, which is what allows him to change his powers by energy colour. that's my theory anyway.

more curious as to what's behind the other door now.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so should Chroma, but it can be argued that Saryn is Toxin-themed, not infested themed. she has some traits of the infested, but she serves as a more generic "all things poisonous incarnate" frame. and I reckon Chroma doesn't get allowed in because part of his frame might have some kind of Sentient Tech, which is what allows him to change his powers by energy colour. that's my theory anyway.

more curious as to what's behind the other door now.

Chroma is Sentient based and Saryn is plant based (Like poison ivy)