Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you open your wallet?

mdoucet

At this point I mostly purchase cosmetic items. When I was a new player I bought a couple of Warframes, weapons, Orokin reactors, etc but that stopped pretty quickly as I realized how easy things were to get in game. Most of the things I have been interested in getting recently have been Tennogen items but the cost has kept me from buying as many as I want. Even though I really like the idea of supporting the people that made these items, 5.99 for one warframe helmet is a little steep. So far I've only bought the Nova Lamia helmet.

As far as plat goes, I have a pretty good amount right now that has mostly been going to extra slots and other generic upkeep things. I bought a costume for my operator but was pretty frustrated when that wasn't showing up in my profile, so I'm unsure if I will purchase more operator cosmetics. One thing I probably WILL buy in the future is deluxe skins, but other than that there hasn't been a lot in the store recently that I've been interested in spending my plat on. 

i rarely spend money on games but when i do, i do it because 3 reasons.

1:I find it "good deal" (and since thats such subjective term, ill let you decide what it means) Hence im waiting on next PA/PV with hopes. (last time was closer to "bad deal" in my book

2: i got a lot of time to play in following week (before every purchase, i really try to think if im going to use the content straight away, somehow buying for later never was a thing for me, even tho sometimes that makes point 1 invalid.

3: i didnt spend NOTHING on games in previous 2-4 weeks. 

if all of these click in, i usually pull my wallet.

13 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

In Warframe... Nothing atm. Past half year was terrible and just by looking at forums one could say it's going further and further down.

But is there something you'd be willing to buy? Or what would have to change in the game or community?

Cheaper, more realistic prices. Not $20 or more for a single (most likely cosmetic only) item, that's just ridiculous.

More buying options, i.e. the un-vaulted packs that don't sell the items separately, forcing you to spend $60 for a pack you don't need or already have, just to get one item (most likely a cosmetic only). Again, ridiculous and douchey to begin with.

Basically, just not being an a-hole when designing price schemes, etc.

The conversion is where they get you. If they just used actual dollars instead of platinum, they wouldn't be able to charge more than $20 for a single item and most things would be like $5... but because of the trade-off, many people don't think of it in terms of real world money.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

58 minutes ago, mdoucet said:

Anyone who has bought Prime Access a few times likely has more platinum than they will ever need

Ha ha, nope! I've bought tens of thousands of plat and made thousands more trading, and spent most of it. Honestly I don't know how people get by so cheaply!

Mainly I go for cosmetics. I always farm PA frames and weapons myself, and I farm stances and such as well. I buy plat cosmetics, skins, PA cosmetics, tennogen stuff, and riven mods. I have so many tennogen syandanas that I have several that I never use because I have better ones. It's becoming a problem, actually, because now that I have Misa Prime and Pyra Prime I don't get to wear my favorite Tennogen syandanas like Nsaru or officiam.

21 minutes ago, mdoucet said:

But is there something you'd be willing to buy? Or what would have to change in the game or community?

What I'd fix? Devs. :D

I'd buy tennogen maybe if I had money for these. Though I hope somet thing will change in near future to the state from at least half a year ago, before Warframe started going down. Then maybe i'll reconsider buying anything.

To be honest I have only bought only one warframe in my life and that is regular Nekros.

Why, cause at the time I started to play the game more seriously and as my nickname goes, I love summoners / necromancers <3

That aside, every time I spend money on warframe it goes to weapon slots / warframe slots / arcwing slots / sentinel slots / pet slots.

If I have extra money to spare, I invest in the endgame (Lets all be honest, the true end game is FABULOUS. I mean FashionFrame).

Syandanas, Cool Deluxe Skins, Tenogen is just epic, Color Palettes, etc. Recently I spend money on the Fire & Ice Prime Bundle for the syandanas, no regrets since I also like the extractors and I was missing 3 out of the 4 weapons they offer in the pack.

If I where to buy more, it would be Forma Bundle + Exp Booster combo, Slots, Deluxe Skins and Tenogen as my priority at the moment if I like them and maybe (if I have enough money) I would definitely spend money on another chance to get the Edo & Targis Prime armors.

BUT to be really honest I am afraid to throw money at warframe for the moment because of the resent problems. Like our fellow tenno just mentions.

55 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

what would make me open my wallet again?  Well... the Hema situation has me hesitant to throw money at the devs.  But even that aside, I dunno what I'd spend it on.  If they released a good chunk of non-grindy, playable, and fun content I might throw more at them to simply support them, like I did with Riot and League of Legends even though I didn't really care too much about having skins.  But it seems like all we're getting are quests that can be done in a couple of hours and grind walls so...  wallet is focused elsewhere for the time being.  :/

If problems get fixed I will gladly spend money on the game.

I just hope in a distant future if Warframe ever dies (like everything in life) to make way for Warframe 2, there is a chance we can keep the first Warframe on our Pc's to play it solo if it where to happen...

No improvement in balance and gameplay since sotr.

Many sh*tstorms since sotr.

Nothing to buy...

Personally I don't think they'll admit their mistakes and go back to fix them. Accretion of grindfest and bait-loots is just worthless.

I could be interested in buying $ only cosmetics, some are really nice... But for the same price, i could buy one or two good, finished, bug free indie games. Much more bang for the buck imo. That said, if prices were overall significantly reduced, maybe i'd reconsider. But that will prob never happen.

Edited by Robolaser