Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties do more harm than good

Gordro

The only reward anyone wants is a riven mod

Sorties are aimed at keeping higher level players in the game right?

Yeah some endo can be useful occasionally, maybe a lens when you are just starting out, but in reality, all higher level players want is a riven mod.

At the end of every 3rd sortie we get a feeling of being let down, I dont get this from a normal mission, because i know what im in for.

All a sortie does for me is kills my wish to play more that day.

Im not a dev, so have no answers, I AM a player however, so my view should  count to someone

Yawn - high level content for buttons

Im glad you are happy with that

While sorties are not really high level content, more a band aid approach to lack of an end game, the rewards are (in the main) a waste of time.

Yeah yeah, the "fluff" stuff like boosters can be useful, and Endo is always nice, doing 3 missions and knowing ill get some crappy lens, a booster thats no use to me right now or even better, 3 nitain is not making me want to play these missions.

I find myself able to spend 10-12 hours grinding the normal missions and relic missions with no problems, I do the sorties and all of a sudden I am bored of warframe and log out. 

Surely this isn't the point to these things?

Maybe the problem isnt the Sorties and their rewards, more the lack of end game content?

Edited by Gordro
CHanged me mind

I'd rather have Kuva than Endo. So much rerolling to do on stuff that would be fun if it rolled a near godly but otherwise it's just junk taking up a riven slot then I see other people post their near godlies and it's like they're on their 50th+ reroll...

Another problem is the lenses. I don't know how the struggling new player experience is now for those who work their way through the starchart to second dream but then afterwards they get no chance at lenses until they get access to sorties after the war within unless they want to hit up trade chat or market. Seems like there should be an alternative inbetween there. 

I'm MR22 and been playing since Tethra's Doom, I don't really mind getting 2k endo etc instead of a Riven but I'd really love for Lenses to drop in a way that allows me to get a Lens that I actually want, as opposed to a lesser Unairu lens or some crap most of the time, which is literally useless to me. Let us choose which Schools' Lens or something.

Personally, I'm in it for blue potatoes and lenses. Endo is nice too, but I don't care about the other rewards at all...

I wish rivens were "rare", greater lenses - "uncommon" and lenses - "common".

Edited by Commaster
Thought about a wish.

I'm MR23 playing for 4 years
the only time i feel "let down" by the sorties is when i get potatoes no matter if blue or gold
i have more than 50 build golden ones and around 45 build silver ones + 1 in each item
seriously why the f**k would i want more potatoes ?

but hey i do understand that lower mr players or newer players still need them and are happy when they get them

For me it has been 13 sorties ago (probably even more) since i have had a new riven mod...

Only had small lenses 2K endo, one time i had a booster and 2 times i even got 4K endo.

Now i have a pile of endo to get scared of, with no mods to fuse, since they all are already(i even have them on each level, twice)...

Somehow, i do get ticked off by seeing this monochromatic palette of rewards. xD

but still, lets carry on, i still didn't hit the creds cap :P

2 hours ago, Habataki said:

Yeah, people didn't get the reward they're looking for and they blame it on the sortie reward list, void drop table, rotation C cycle etc.

Nothing new to see here, I suppose.

Maybe my english isnt that great, but that's totally NOT the complaint.

The complaint is that the rewards ALL suck for the target players bar the primary riven mod.

As the sorties are aimed at higher level players, the majority of the reward table is filled with fluff. 

With zero actual content for for those who have capped their mods (I am not talking about mastery rank which just shows the players increased choice in weapons), we should at least have one thing to look forward every day.

Maybe DE should give a bit more dev time to rethinking these rewards. Add some other stuff that's also "fluff" maybe colours (not palettes) Most players can show 16 million shades, so you won't run out of those any time soon. Or shoulders/legs that change over time depending on how many successful sorties you have completed.

I dont know, im not paid to think of these things, I just pay for them (quite a lot actually)

I do feel stuff that is totally useless (or even a kick in the teeth like nitian) should not be offered as rewards in "end game" stuff

Or DE can just make some actual end game content (rather than me sitting in a survival until someone decides to leave and end all the fun)

The order and ratio of endo/lens/riven/etc rewards we get may AT FIRST not be the one we want, but in the long run it will all play out nicely.
Giving up and skipping sorties is the worst thing you can do. Because then you will never again know if "that skipped day" was the day you would've gotten a Riven mod.

Until you actually try you will and will not get a Riven.

SCHRODINGER'S KAVAT! 

7 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Until you actually try you will and will not get a Riven.

SCHRODINGER'S KAVAT! 

The problem being that the other rewards are all worthless for the target players

not that we don't get a riven......

But what exactly is worthless? That is more subjective to the individual than the masses. Even for endgame players.

Endo is always good. Without them you would need to farm for them when you do get a Riven mod, those require lots of Endo to max.

Lenses: as more frames and weapons come out, the need to put lenses will rise depending per individual. Nidus for example is very new, if somebody decided to main him they're going to want to put a lens on him. All my most-used frames & weapons have lenses on them. I have plenty of spare regular/greater lenses in my inventory, ready to attach to whatever I decide to main in the future. Or I could just sell them, I see plenty of people WTB lens in trade chat.

Boosters: I don't see anything bad about them. I abuse the hell out of them whenever I get one. The resource chance booster I received last week helped tons in farming Mutagen Samples. Affinity booster: time to forma stuff faster!  Credit booster: can never have too much money.

Forma: one forma you didn't have to wait 24 hours to craft. If you have unused crafted formas lying around in your inventory, you're doing it wrong.:devil:  Put formas in everything you like. I craft formas non-stop everyday yet never have them in my inventory. I use them all the moment they finish crafting. All my frames and weapons will be made of perfection.

Potatos: free potato is free.

Exilus adapter blueprint:  this one I admit is terrible. You can easily get this already from Simaris and Teshin. Before 19.1 it was a built Adapter, then it was a good reward.

I agree with the OP, but let me reword the initial statement to demonstrate how pointless sorties are, for the most part, to well-equipped players.

Would you stop doing Sorties if Riven mods were altogether removed from the drop table?

If and to the extent that the answer is yes, the Sortie system fails to fulfil its purpose, if its purpose is to placate higher level players. As something in lieu of end game, Sorties do not fulfil their purpose of being engaging. The process is distinctly tedious if you get a bad bunch of missions (mission types you would otherwise stay away from) and passable when the missions are ok.

You know what I want instead of Endo/Forma (The void gives me all the formas I could ever need and I'd need so many credits to use my endo that it's ridiculous)?

I'd want Void Traces. The point where you get all the common rewards is...pretty early in your void career. Then you need to run 3-4 ducat-trash missions for every proper run, which on average is 12+ runs for every Rare prime piece. It wouldn't feel so bad to get a "bummer reward" from a Sortie if it meant cutting down on the void grind.

Then you say "but I already have all the prime weaponry". Well. You're out of luck then because anything but a Riven reward would be a bummer for you.