The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make A True Samurai Frame!!!

RedwaterSkooma

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)UKILR said:

Ash seems more like an armored ninja to me. Maybe an agile samurai, I guess...? Chroma seems to be the closest because he's beefed up with the armor-like...Drone-thing. However, he seems more like a humanoid dragon, so I'd say he's out of the question.

Maybe it's due to all the Final Fantasy I've played over the years but to me Chroma is a dragoon idk xD

16 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

None of those archetypes fit ACTUAL ninja criteria..... unless Naruto is the new standard for what we expect in a ninja. I mean c'mon......a magnetic ninja? Really bruh? 

I however totally agree with the Dax portion of your post, and that's why I want a frame modelled after the Dax. Viva la contradictions!

We're talking about video games ninjas, not stealthy assassin's from history books.

WF very much fits the typical space ninja stereotype. So much so, my 6 & 10 y/o son refers to Warframe as that "space ninja game" naturally from just seeing me play.

In order todo a proper Samurai we first need  a:  longer bladed katana and a shorter wakizashi or (tanto) (they would do slash and piercing damage respectivly) And a stance to accommodate. Then we need a frame, my idea:

The warframe would be called:

Bushido (⬇ how he would look)

https://www.google.com/search?q=peppa+pig&client=ms-android-virgin-us&biw=360&bih=559&tbm=isch&prmd=visn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb-NPU5qzRAhUisFQKHZV9AlcQ_AUIBigC&dpr=1.5#tbm=isch&q=cool+mech+samurai&imgrc=1QW4vakC_lI76M%3A

His 1 would be like mesa's 1 but with your melee, his 2 would a slash and piercing melee buff for u and your squad using melee, his 3 would be a armor buff for u and your squad, (both 2,3 effected by power duration)

His 4 would be called "honor bound", after your 1 hits 100 using your melee (like mesa's 1 but with melee weapons) then you could activate your 4. On activation u sheath your swords, enemies are instantly knocked down in a base 15m AOE (effected by power range) and opened up for ground finishers. And all enemies (effected by power range and LoS) would kill themselves. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)UKILR said:

However, he seems more like a humanoid dragon

More specifically, a monster hunter/ dragon slayer of sorts, if you will lol.

Since it's referred to as a pelt and all, with the knightly-inspired design (of the actual Warframe) underneath it. Think of it as those kind of native hunters you see in real life / entertainment where they wear the skin of their kill for warmth, camouflage and intimidation.

On topic, personally I'd much rather see more abstract and meaningful designs than these superficial and rudimentary ones we've been getting throughout 2016. Though to clarify there's nothing wrong with it and have their place in the game obviously lol.

I loved the direction they were heading with Warframe's like Limbo, Equinox, Chroma and Atlas, where there was clearly multiple core ideas and themes weaved nicely into brilliant designs, both the Warframe itself and abilities conceptually/visually. Hell, even Nezha and Wukong were really interesting despite coming from one overall idea, and the fact they pulled it off with a pair of Warframes instead of just one was awesome.

Again, I don't mind these "Fairy/Infested/Mummy/etc" Warframe designs, but again, it comes off as too....(for a lack of a better and respectful term) "bare bones" for my liking. Where credits due, the Quests do flesh all these Warframes out, but I'm specifically referring to the actual design itself.

I mean just look at some of the "Gen 1"  Warframe's like Vauban and Nova. I know they have it in them. But even if they continue going in this direction, I just hope they give more depth into each Warframe's core philosophy to make them more interesting and worthwhile to play. So we're clear again, from a aesthetics perspective, because gameplay-wise DE has made some of the finest and most solid mechanics/abilities for these said Warframes in question for the past year and a half, going on two years, that I have ever had the pleasure to use and play with lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

And what would having a Samari frame bring to the game? We have Excalibur who is a master of blades, just toss the Edo armor on and you have essentially a samurai.

As for the ninja part, well you all are hilarious.

Ninjas were little more than farmers turned assassins, thus why all their true tools of trade were farm implements. Most "ninja" weapons we know from movies and cartoons are just that... Movie and cartoon made.

13 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

And what would having a Samari frame bring to the game? We have Excalibur who is a master of blades, just toss the Edo armor on and you have essentially a samurai.

As for the ninja part, well you all are hilarious.

Ninjas were little more than farmers turned assassins, thus why all their true tools of trade were farm implements. Most "ninja" weapons we know from movies and cartoons are just that... Movie and cartoon made.

all ninja were not farmers that's a common misconception. Yes, some were recruited from the lower class, but some of the bushin class became ninjas as well.

7 hours ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:
  Hide contents

wframe%20-%20excal%20prof.jpg

See the thing is, Warframes are meant to be ninjas

Excalibur = swordsman ninja

Volt = electric ninja

Mag = magnetic ninja

Rhino = bulky ninja

Loki = trickster ninja

Trinity = healing ninja

Ash = ninja ninja

Pretty sure the Dax fit the samurai name much more than the Tenno who were meant to be different from the dax.

Limbo : magician ninja

Hydroid : tentacle pirate ninja

Chroma : dragon slayer ninja

Mesa : cowgirl ninja

Titania : deth fairy ninja

8 hours ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

8 hours ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

meant to be ninjas

wfKQoEW.png

Whatever you say, buddy. Whatever you say.

Edited by RazorTip

While I would really like to see Samurai frame I am still waiting for brawler frame DE promised to give us because lets face it Atlas is not brawler frame, if it was it would have more abilities that use its body, while atlas has only one ability that has anything to do with his body.

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

In order todo a proper Samurai we first need  a:  longer bladed katana and a shorter wakizashi or (tanto) (they would do slash and piercing damage respectivly) And a stance to accommodate. Then we need a frame, my idea:

The warframe would be called:

Bushido (⬇ how he would look)

https://www.google.com/search?q=peppa+pig&client=ms-android-virgin-us&biw=360&bih=559&tbm=isch&prmd=visn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb-NPU5qzRAhUisFQKHZV9AlcQ_AUIBigC&dpr=1.5#tbm=isch&q=cool+mech+samurai&imgrc=1QW4vakC_lI76M%3A

His 1 would be like mesa's 1 but with your melee, his 2 would a slash and piercing melee buff for u and your squad using melee, his 3 would be a armor buff for u and your squad, (both 2,3 effected by power duration)

His 4 would be called "honor bound", after your 1 hits 100 using your melee (like mesa's 1 but with melee weapons) then you could activate your 4. On activation u sheath your swords, enemies are instantly knocked down in a base 15m AOE (effected by power range) and opened up for ground finishers. And all enemies (effected by power range and LoS) would kill themselves. 

yeah man, anything like this and I'd be happy!

On 1/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, TheDubsteppingNinja said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wframe%20-%20excal%20prof.jpg

Excalibur = swordsman ninja

Volt = electric ninja

Mag = magnetic ninja

Rhino = bulky ninja

Loki = trickster ninja

Trinity = healing ninja

Ash = ninja ninja

Pretty sure the Dax fit the samurai name much more than the Tenno who were meant to be different from the dax.

Naruto which was a show about ninja, had a samurai character. Do why can't warframe?