Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know how Nullifiers would not be annoying?

Kylo.

Yea, they been like that since they were first introduced to the game. So I guess they didn't changed since I last saw them the previous year. I mean, a year ago.

There has been a lot of suggestion about nullifiers but the main idea of nullifiers are to nullify. To be honest, I actually like them, makes you play a little differently than compared to doing missions without em where you can just blaze through a mission.

What i hate about nullifer:

• How is nullifier blocking bullets/etc (non-abilities) considered nullify abilities?
  • I will settle for a non-projectile (ability-only) blocking nullifer bubble. Not the current state nullifer is in atm, where the bubble acts like those ice-eximus' snow globe... giving nullifer a passive snow-globe ability and nullify your abilities while at it. Even those ice-eximus unit (non-nullifer) doesn't have that.
  • Oh ya, Nullifer + ice eximus = annoying... Even more annoying with it's OP sniptron.

I think it would just be better if nullifiers drained your energy at a quicker rate, instead of just cancelling your ability. I don't know how quickly the drain would be for it to be a fair balance, but I think that if they just sapped energy then we would have plenty of time to either kill the nullifier or run outside of the bubble with our powers still intact.

Yeah, this would be great. 

8 minutes ago, _Draken_ said:

On the other hand i think their role is to punish reckless play and im fine with that,

If you are a melee or tank character, all play is "reckless". Inaros loses his armour, Chroma loses about 10K EHP and 90% of his damage, Valkyr loses attack speed, health regen and damage resist, and so on. That's not punishing reckless play that's "DON'T BRING THESE GUYS TO CORPUS MISSIONS MMKAY". 

If they suppressed the powers while in the bubble, you could slide in, kill the nully and keep your armour / vex buffs whatever. If you messed up IN the bubble, rekt, sure, but nullifiers don't punish frames equally. They totally invalidate some playstyles while leaving simulor mirage exactly as powerful as she was before. Lel. 

1 minute ago, _Draken_ said:

i mean you could as well shoot the bubble. And messing up on a melee slide attack in 3 m is kind of hard. As Steve once said if you dont have a weapon you dont have a weapon. They designed the game for a certain setup and if you deviate from it your done. I usually have a full equipment. But i can agree that ocaasion like sniper only sortie with 10 nullifiers shouldnt exist

If weapon switching didn't take like an entire geological era then I'd agree with this logic. 
Why have an enemy design that totally invalidates 50%+ of the playstyles and kit setups in the game? 
And with lots of eximi and stuff like techs, squishy frames are bold to do slide attacks. A tank SHOULD be fine to do it though, but a tank like chroma who needs vex to tank... nope. 

It's limiting and stupid that the easiest and most powerful setups already work fine vs Nullifiers, but anything ELSE is now made weaker. Like wut.

2 hours ago, low1991 said:
  • How is nullifier blocking bullets/etc (non-abilities) considered nullify abilities?

Because no one ever said the Nullifier bubble only blocks abilities. Also because if the Nullifier bubble didn't block bullets, Nullifiers would be trivial to kill.

2 hours ago, Ciaus said:

If you are a melee or tank character, all play is "reckless".

You can be a melee player without being reckless.

You can be a tank and never touch a Nullifier bubble. If you touch a Nullifier bubble as a non-melee tank, you done goofed and that's entirely your own fault.

2 hours ago, Ciaus said:

That's not punishing reckless play that's "DON'T BRING THESE GUYS TO CORPUS MISSIONS MMKAY". 

No, that means you didn't bring the right tools for the job, and you should expect to have a harder time. No different than sending Charmander out against Misty, bringing a Thunder weapon to a Zinogre hunt, or bringing your desk job tools to a construction job.

46 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Are nullifiers really that big a deal? A furis can take down a bubble in 2-3 seconds regardless of enemy scale.

If losing your buff, e.g. 80% Equinox slow, because an ancient is in a Nullifier bubble and pulls you, is not a big deal, then no.

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Because no one ever said the Nullifier bubble only blocks abilities. Also because if the Nullifier bubble didn't block bullets, Nullifiers would be trivial to kill.

Or, get rid of the bullet barrier and give them some damage and/or elemental resistances and make them tougher to kill. That way everyone can focus fire and take him down. As a bonus even the snipers and other slow-rate weapon users can be effective.

4 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

If losing your buff, e.g. 80% Equinox slow, because an ancient is in a Nullifier bubble and pulls you, is not a big deal, then no.

Yeah, a nullifier is meant to be a challenging obstacle, doesn't mean it's broken. Like I said before, there's several trivial sidearms that can burst a bubble extremely fast. I get that stuff happens and maybe a situation catches you off guard, but that's the point. Nullifiers are designed to mix things up and make you think and react differently rather than cheese your way through a mission.

1 minute ago, Jynna said:

Or, get rid of the bullet barrier and give them some damage and/or elemental resistances and make them tougher to kill. That way everyone can focus fire and take him down. As a bonus even the snipers and other slow-rate weapon users can be effective.

there is already something in the making to make low fire rate weapons effective against nullifiers.

1 minute ago, KYLoooo said:

there is already something in the making to make low fire rate weapons effective against nullifiers.

I know, it strikes me as a band-aid solution though. The way it was described in Devstream sounds more like a carnival game than a viable way of taking down a nullifier while 10 or 20 other units are trying to murder you.

38 minutes ago, Jynna said:

Which turns them into the same generic bullet sponge as half the game already consists of with the only difference that they aren't affected by abilities.

5 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

You can be a melee player without being reckless.

By totally avoiding the priority targets under the nully bubble and being useless, sure. 
There's no sane reason Inaros or Chroma should lose their most useful modification to an enemy that spawns very commonly. A disable makes a lot more sense and still forces you to assess what you are about to jump into, and still leaves grapples and enemy synergies with the nullifier intact. 

Some abilities like Snow Globe or one of Necros' Shadows should be destroyed when a Nullifier hits them. 

Continuous abilities should be suppressed, but according to a timer; say 2 seconds. That way tanking frames like Rhino could jump in and kill the Nullifier, which suppresses the Iron Skin, but only removes it if Rhino stays in the bubble longer than 2 seconds. 

Nullifiers were poorly implemented  and the fact that they cancel all powers and have a shield is the definition an over-powered counter. 

The Combas actually add an element of skill and are divided up to cancel some abilities well. They were designed well and are appropriately annoying. Even they need some kind of timer implemented as even as they force you to adapt new strategies the instant cancellation of powers needs to be looked at. 

Parasitic Eximus units are the best example of power/energy drain while giving the player enough room to destroy the threat. 

Basically Nullifiers need a timing mechanic on power nullification once the player enters the bubble otherwise they function well. (If not a little op.) 

Thanks, Tenno! 

9 hours ago, Ciaus said:

If weapon switching didn't take like an entire geological era then I'd agree with this logic. 
Why have an enemy design that totally invalidates 50%+ of the playstyles and kit setups in the game? 
And with lots of eximi and stuff like techs, squishy frames are bold to do slide attacks. A tank SHOULD be fine to do it though, but a tank like chroma who needs vex to tank... nope. 

It's limiting and stupid that the easiest and most powerful setups already work fine vs Nullifiers, but anything ELSE is now made weaker. Like wut.

Nullifiers punish MOST easy play frames like tanks. That's the idea. Tanks would sleepwalk through all content if it weren't for nullifiers

You just sound like you're particularly asspained about mirage.

2 hours ago, RistN said:

I can't believe that everyone has problem with so much mentioned nullifiers and none have problem with those Combas that turn of you're abilities on appearance.I mean they are so much more irritating than nullifiers.

...Because Coombas don't have the bubble of stupid damage absorption around them, and they only cancel some abilities. (No, seriously, the way the bubble is implemented is downright stupid. It's gated, so high damage-per-bullet is wasted. Also, because of a bug, shotguns aren't effective against it.)

Also, Nullifiers tend to spawn in much highers numbers than a Coomba. Imagine half a dozen Nullifiers right on top of each other.

2 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

I hope you enjoy having your armor buff removed when facing 4 techs

I am actually saddened that only rarely I get to use 1 of the 6 revives. Like, why do we even have those if we don't get to make use of them at least from time to time?

Actually, you know what would be nice? If we had permanent access to lvl 100+ Survivals and such. I would be fine with only slightly better rewards than normal, like 600 Endo instead of 400. Waiting 1h for that every time is just absurd.