Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So with the Helminth Removal coming this week...

--BAT--

Question

Those who paid attention know that the helminth Cyst/Virus removal system is coming later this week, at least it's planned to. 

They say you will need a fully grown cyst and then any frame may enter the infested room and get it removed permanently, there has to be some system in play to re-enable it right? if not, do I need to keep one random frame as a helminth breeder?

---- Anyways, main question, Do I need to previously infect all of my frames so I can have them removed? Or will there be some put in place prevention method? I have a cyst of 4 frames out of the 20+ I have, and I've stopped playing with other frames hoping to not get them infected, with the removal system only taking full grown cysts, anyone else think if I don't want a cyst on any frame anymore (except maybe Nidus) should I pre-infect all of them so I can get rid of them with the removal once it comes out?

TL;DR Removal system on the way only takes full grown cysts, should I infect all frames if I don't want a cyst on any of them?

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, That_Beast said:

They say you will need a fully grown cyst and then any frame may enter the infested room and get it removed permanently, there has to be some system in play to re-enable it right? if not, do I need to keep one random frame as a helminth breeder?

Maybe any frame healed can get the virus by sitting in the chair again.
So if you hate the cyst, you go to the infested room, take a seat and the room removes it for you.
Now you want to breed a charger. You go back to the room, take a seat again and the room will infect you again. 
Easy peasy. ^^

1. where did you get the info that this is going life this week? please link me the source
  2. we don't know
    no one knows
    its not released yet
    just wait
  3. yes there will be a system to reinfect you again at least that is what they promised in the last dev steam

tl:dr
no one knows right now
you are forced to wait

With the removal system you will be able to remove the cyst once it comes, if you want to go through the effort of infecting all your frames is your choice. It really wouldn't make a difference as it's purely cosmetic. Also, nidus will always be able to enter the room, so if they add the feature that infected (and even cured) frames will be able to enter, it really doesn't matter much. If you so badly want it cured the instant the feature comes, then do so on your most played warframes, and doing it with others just seems like a waste of time since the Likelihood of them getting infected is slim. Even if they do get infected you can always cure them later on.

In general, if you really want to go through all the effort of a small "cosmetic" effect removal, then sure, do so.

To make a helminth charger you need a fully grown cyst .. that's 7-8days :| To remove it you need the same days... Why? What if i want to remove it after 1 day? Why isn't that possible?

Edited by ShadowNumb

58 minutes ago, That_Beast said:

Those who paid attention know that the helminth Cyst/Virus removal system is coming later this week, at least it's planned to. 

---- Anyways, main question, Do I need to previously infect all of my frames so I can have them removed? Or will there be some put in place prevention method? I have a cyst of 4 frames out of the 20+ I have, and I've stopped playing with other frames hoping to not get them infected, with the removal system only taking full grown cysts, anyone else think if I don't want a cyst on any frame anymore (except maybe Nidus) should I pre-infect all of them so I can get rid of them with the removal once it comes out?

TL;DR Removal system on the way only takes full grown cysts, should I infect all frames if I don't want a cyst on any of them?

There was no mention of a prevention or "vaccination" to the cyst, but they did actually mention in that same stream that they will be implementing a way to reverse the cure as well, if you were paying attention... :satisfied: (it's mentioned at 59:13 on the YouTube upload of the stream, if you want to check for youself. Geoff and Rebecca just kind of talk over Scott telling us that)

59 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I don't know if this will permanently remove the ability of getting another cyst or if it's just removing the cyst, making you be able to get infected again. I think it's the 2nd option.

59 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I bet even DE doesn´t know at the moment. Maybe you will only get rid of the current cyst and once you get in contact with another infected player you will get it again.

I think they already said in the Devstream that the action to remove the cyst using the chair will make the Warframe "immune" to this infestation.

59 minutes ago, ShadowNumb said:

Why? What if i want to remove it after 1 day? Why isn't that possible?

It probably needs to have a certain size so the chair can remove it again without leaving something behind. (Yes, I know this is just a game and doesn't have to follow real-world logic, but hey ...)