Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Only You Use

AshenHaze

Just now, Littlerift said:

WIth the Endo system, though, can't they just refund everyone? I know DE made a huge @#&$-up when it came to refunding Void Keys, but it would seem like an viable option at least.

They could, but it would still be a massive kick in the b***'s to those who have them maxed.

Prisma Gorgon & Atterax, pretty much my main loadout (on Rhino). Also the weapons with the highest forma count in their class.. 

But also: Overload Dex Sybaris and Dakila Akmagnus , both SO beautiful!!

Kohm+kohmak, both formatted into god-tier. Nice for when you really need that hallway painted red and gutsy. Spring-loaded chamber on the kohmak is brutal...

But I have over 100 weapon slots and love to use all of them from time to time ( except the n00boid n00bilor... clem, I HATE that weapon.... :D ) 

7 minutes ago, Guy6869 said:

They could, but it would still be a massive kick in the b***'s to those who have them maxed.

So long as all of the Endo was reimbursed and the weapons maintained their maximum damage then I don't see a huge issue. That is an 'if', though, and as someone who lost quite a few Keys when they were turned into Relics I can understand any reservations. There's of course the issue of the Fusion Core -> Endo values to some degree, especially when it comes to people who spent Platinum to buy Core packs, but I don't think it's as major an issues as it's imagined.

5 hours ago, Beggining said:

Zhuge: all around good on status and crits, the only problem it has is its reload speed and recoil.

Aww man, why'd you gotta remind me of the 46,207 samples our clan still need to get D:

I also use Zhuge. Got a good riven for it. If you don't put a rate of fire mod, the recoil is very manageable. Look:

21 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

So long as all of the Endo was reimbursed and the weapons maintained their maximum damage then I don't see a huge issue. That is an 'if', though, and as someone who lost quite a few Keys when they were turned into Relics I can understand any reservations. There's of course the issue of the Fusion Core -> Endo values to some degree, especially when it comes to people who spent Platinum to buy Core packs, but I don't think it's as major an issues as it's imagined.

First off, way I understood it, the damage would be added to all weapons, and they would increase with weapon level. So, take a level 0 weapon into a mission and find it get's stronger during play (unmodded even). Which I find a good idea.

If the credits and endo are reimbursed, as it probably would, I see no reason to get upset. It's not like you had to do push-ups or walk for miles to max these mods. Just some button clicks and, before endo, some calculations or trial and error. Hardly something to write home about.

The primed mods issue is interesting. We're talking Point Blank and Pressure point. These mods actually brought the base-damage melee and shotgun mods to the level of Serration and Hornet Strike. Reimbursing those mods will be harder but not impossible. Some balance between plat, endo and a crapload of credits would go a long way. Note that DESteve once said they record EVERYTHING. I believe him. So a complicated but thorough database script could solve all that.

If these mods go the way of the dinosaur we'll have a mod slot free for other mods. I cannot see how this would be a bad thing: that base damage multiplier should have been part of the weapon in the first place (IMHO) since it's not like you're going to swap out Serration with anything else. 

If you got really attached to these mods... well.. eeeh.. that's actually a bit sad don't you think? Like, really? ;)

Pros:
- weapon base damage increases with weapon level. 
- extra mod slot to play with
- crapload of endo and credits to use for other mods
- big pile of dukats
- your platinum back but still damage buffs for all your weapons

Cons
- for the life of me, can't think of a single one (except for poor steve who has to write the DB script)
- people will misunderstand and whine

/my2cts

edit: note to self: sell these primed mods you got stacked ASAP. rather have the plats then the dukats.. :P

Edited by ComCray

20 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

They could give us 1 legendary core per primed mod that would be removed. Simple, efficient.

5 hours ago, laysonbaal said:

Ack n Brut

Its not very strong as a melee but it's a cool concept to protect your allies while holding right mouse button with it.

I love the Ack & Brunt, purely for the stance combo that involves a very familiar shield toss!  As for my favorite weapon, the AkVasto.  Almost never see it around, but I love it!  Already have 3 forma on it, and planning on maybe a 4th or 5th.  Even went as far as to trade for a Riven and put a lens on it.

Moderators, I accidentally multi-quoted, and can't delete this empty quote.  Please help!

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FOCHOCLTstrfish said:

Edited by IcyLeviathan

I tried checking my profile for this, but my numbers get skewed a bit by some of the weapons I favored early on - (the Mk 1 Braton, Seer, and Dual Ether are all still in the top row for their categories).  And while I loved those weapons, I have largely moved on.  So, with a bit of help from the profile, here's the ones I found that don't seem to show up too often on others:

Prisma Tetra.  I got a Riven that gave it a hefty bonus to damage and heat, as well as almost completely removing the recoil (-94.6% recoil).  Combined with Kinetic Ricochet, and this is just a fun weapon.

Twin Grakata's still the secondary that's gotten the most mileage, but I've recently(ish) gotten back to the Twin Kohmak.  Still experimenting with it, but between multishot and increasing the clip size, these things project a wall of shrapnel.  Also, DE, if you're reading this, there's no Prisma secondaries.

Prisma Dual Cleavers: I've been loving the dual swords ever since the Dual Ether became the first weapon I made for my Excaliber starting out.  The Prisma Dual Cleavers are a strong contender for the best weapon in that category (the Atterax, normal cleavers, Dual Ichor, and Dual Zoren are the only melee weapons that do crit-based melee as well as these do).  Throw in Justice Blades, and the only downside I saw was the somewhat blocky appearance of the cleavers, which Loki's deluxe skin bundle fixed.

With the Riven Mod I got I can now use my beloved Supra in the end game now. When it comes to melee I love The Lacera.(Please Get Primed)%100 Status and like 1343.2 Corrosive damage. I have watched high level(80-100)corrupted and grineer melt in front of me with the Lacera. The Supra is just a lot of fun to me and now it can be used into the end game. Other mentions Tiberon(Prime Please) and The Anku(Prime Please). I like The Aksomata for a sidearm. I've seen some brutally vicious riven mods for The Aksomata.

Silva and Aegis because it's the best-looking weapon for me right now, though I am also happy to see some Destreza love here :D

Secondary: Akvasto. I think it's the first weapon I forma'd. Liked the Vasto better than ths Magnus and Lex so yeah lol

I have 5 forma on my dera vandal and I love it. I think I have at least 4 on my acid shell sobek. Started really liking my mara detron with thermagnetic shells. Kinda like magnetic acid shells. I love the destreza, and it looks good with Hydroid. This thread reminds me I need to pull out my twin khomaks, because sometimes you need dual hairdryers. And they chop up bodies nice with Nekros. I haven't seen burston prime or scindo prime lately, so I pulled them out last night. The festive skins we got look nice on them too. I love non-meta weapons. My synoid just gathers dust (I hate it). My quanta vandal has been getting some love too lately. Wow, longer post than intended, ha ha.