Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar - Some things I am interested in

(PSN)AlastorLines

Question

I am around 100 days seperate from the Zenistar, but I would like to ask some questions regarding the charge disc, which maybe one or the other reader can answer.

1. I have read in the wikia, that the effects of the Mutalist Quanta bubble stack on the ejected disc and stay for the entire duration (45 seconds). Is this true, as it would mean, that the Zenistar in theory would be the weapon with the highest potential crit-stats?
  2. I also read that the discs energy field benefits from effects like Warcry, Berserker, Roar and similiar buffs. How exactly are these buffs applied? I think 3 models are possible.
    1. Will the attack speed and damage rise even after the disc got ejected by those buffs or in other words applied in the regular way?
    2. Are the stats with buffs calculated in upon ejection and stay active for the entire duration of the disc (even if the actual buff runs out)?
    3. Are the stats with buffs calculated in upon ejection and stay active only for the duration of the actual source?
  3. What happens if you:
    1. Shoot the disc through Volt's "Electric Shield"? Does the disc gain the additional bonuses of the shield too?
    2. Stack Volt's "Electric Shield" multiple times on top of an ejected disc?
    3. Buff the disc with the Mutalist Quanta bubble after it got buffed by Volt's "Electric Shield" and vice versa? How do the buffs interact.

I am really intrigued by the possible potential of this weapon and can't wait to try it out, but for now I have to be satisfied with these questions. If someone else has other questions regarding this weapon please post them here too.

Have a nice day~

11 answers to this question

I use the Zenastar quite often. The times I have been buffed by Volt and Valks ability's I haven't noticed anything different with the speed the damage is dealt by the disc. I think it becomes its own object and gains no effects besides what mods are equipped on the weapon. The only benefit is getting the charge attack done faster to release the disc.

I use the Zenistar a lot with Limbo, where the disc gains a nice synergy with Rift Torrent. Keep in mind that the disc stays in whichever plane you cast it from, be it the material plane or the Rift. As far as I can tell, neither Berserker nor Quickening buff the disc's attack rate, but they do improve QoL when recasting it.

Mutalist Quanta orbs do buff it quite a bit, albeit inconsistently unless you're hosting. Easiest way to tell is the fact that it also gains radiation damage (works wonders for breaking the link of Ancients, and of course the increase in crits. Still though, best and cheesiest way to increase its damage is simply being invisible and building for gas procs.  

Zenistar + Navigator is fun, let me count the ways:

1) the disc gains (as far as I can tell) a permanent damage boost for its duration

2) casting Navigator while the disc is deployed (and you haven't moved too far away) refreshes its duration

3) casting Navigator before tossing out the disc lets you fly around as the deadliest frisbee ever

... it's the best :D

13 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I would try builds, but I'm away from my console, also wiki is sorely lacking info.

If you do a search, i started a similar thread a month ago... everyone have different opinions about the Zenistar. 

Damage, speed and reach are needed, so you must have the primed mods on it. Spoiled Strike is awesome, and the rest you want 4 effects mods.

I not found Condition Overload and Healing Return yet, but if you have worth a try with the Zenistar.