The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus's 15 Stack loss. Fair, BUT...

achromos

I cannot help but weigh leaving a fallen team-mate down on the floor if I have 8 stacks because I'll lose them all and not even gain invulnerability nor will I pick my ally up.  I'm not asking for a revision in terms of 15 per extra life.  I'm asking that if we have 14 or below, to just not take them at all, because at the end of the day we are now currently weighing a team-mates life vs our own power.

Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree, maybe I need to play selfishly (which I don't like).  However, it just doesn't feel good to have to weigh the choices. 

1.) Get started dealing decent damage, and make my team-mate eat a revive.

2.) Help a team-mate, and save him a a Revive.

TL;DR:  Can we have it so that if Nidus is below 14, and he will go into bleedout without those stacks being able to assist him... Then don't take all/any of the stacks unless he actually dies.

1 minute ago, Chiffolololon said:

Your 3 and your 4 is there for a reason. If you want to revive ? easy, you need only 1 stack to cast your 3 on a mob and voila.

You aren't helping.

You can still get one-shot in higher end content.  Then you lose everything without any sort of gain or purpose.  Secondly, if you have a idiot team-mate shooting everything in sight your 3 doesn't work.  Thirdly... his 4 isn't a end-all-be-all for CC or keeping you alive in high-end content.

Just now, achromos said:

You aren't helping.

You can still get one-shot in higher end content.  Then you lose everything without any sort of gain or purpose.  Secondly, if you have a idiot team-mate shooting everything in sight your 3 doesn't work.  Thirdly... his 4 isn't a end-all-be-all for CC or keeping you alive in high-end content.

No you don't. you face tank 10 level 110 corrupted heavy gunners no problem. I play enough nidus in MOT to speak for myself. If you fail to get even 1 mob to link your 3, you should just sell nidus. Also, no teamates can kill everything insight faster than you pressing 1 button. 

1 minute ago, achromos said:

You aren't helping.

If you're doing high end content that one-shots you AND you have an idiot team mate it's time to extract.

Yeah, one of the worse things you can have as a Nidus is a teammate who clears entire rooms with no desire to allow another frame to take over a defensive point on their own. I cant tell you how many times I've gone into a mission and failed as a Nidus because I had a synsim user or a nuker killing my enemies before I could. It's even worse if it's a Frost doing the nuking, since it freezes the enemies solid, making them unable to be ragdolled into larva. 

2 minutes ago, achromos said:

You aren't helping.

You can't be one-shotted in the hardest rewarding content unless you don't use ehp mods.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

If you're doing high end content that one-shots you AND you have an idiot team mate it's time to extract.

Pug Groups are full of them, if I kept extracting I'd never play the game.

Just now, Chiffolololon said:

No you don't. you face tank 10 level 110 corrupted heavy gunners no problem. I play enough nidus in MOT to speak for myself. If you fail to get even 1 mob to link your 3, you should just sell nidus. Also, no teamates can kill everything insight faster than you pressing 1 button. 

His 1 is a LINE.  Enemies off to the left, or to the right are not dead.  So, yes, they can if they are using say... the Zarr?

Chiffololololoijhfiojfioe;aji  Listen, you aren't helping you are just trying to stretch your E-peen now.  Quit trying to brag: "Oh if you aren't doing this, then you suck" it's stupid.  I've had team-mates EMPTY rooms with map wide abilities, but go down because of a bombard rocket that slowly meandered their way, I start reviving them and then another enemy waltzes in and headshots me.  who was I supposed to link to?

You are changing the point behind this whole post.  It's a simple one and you aren't helping by derailing.

IF you go down as Nidus, into bleedout.  They shouldn't drain your stacks.  They served no purpose.  That's all, I'm not complaining about going down, I'm complaining about the resources literally flung out the window.  You are missing the forest for the trees here.  Quit trying to play the 'oh I'm such a elite player, your just a pleb noob doing it wrong' thing with me.  I have NO issue building stacks, I never said I was bad, good players don't need to brag to random forum users about stuff they don't care about.

3 minutes ago, Chiffolololon said:

Nidus changes barely effect him at all. Stop complaining and adapt, like Nidus does. 

I agree with that aside from the whole nullifer thing but eh, I'll adjust I guess. And as for this whole forum if it's higher level content it's pretty easy to get more stacks since enemies aren't so squishy, you can just press 2 and stab one, press 2 stab 1 until you've regained your power.

7 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

You can't be one-shotted in the hardest rewarding content unless you don't use ehp mods.

Here, how about you use all the defensive mods you have, go into a simulacrum and pull out a lvl 100 corrupted bombard.  Stand there and get hit ONCE.  Tell me the results.  I'm eager to hear.  Btw, the 'hardest rewarding content' is a snarky way of saying that I shouldn't be fighting anything above Sortie level?  If so, it's Irreverent and just your opinion and not helpful to this discussion as you can even drop that down to lvl 80 and still get one-shot or close to it with most frames even nidus with 0 stacks.

4 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

I agree with that aside from the whole nullifer thing but eh, I'll adjust I guess. And as for this whole forum if it's higher level content it's pretty easy to get more stacks since enemies aren't so squishy, you can just press 2 and stab one, press 2 stab 1 until you've regained your power.

But you also aren't getting the point!  How hard is it to read.  Here, for everyone not just you.

IF NIDUS GOES DOWN WITH LESS THEN 15 STACKS HE LOSES THEM ALL.

ALL I WANT IS THAT IF YOU DON'T GET REVIVED BY HIS PASSIVE WHICH COSTS THOSE 15 NOT TO LOSE THEM.

ALL I WANT IS A LITTLE QUALITY OF LIFE.

do i need to grunt, scratch my rear and use only one syllable words here to communicate nowadays?

Edited by achromos

1 minute ago, achromos said:

Pug Groups are full of them, if I kept extracting I'd never play the game.

His 1 is a LINE.  Enemies off to the left, or to the right are not dead.  So, yes, they can if they are using say... the Zarr?

Chiffololololoijhfiojfioe;aji  Listen, you aren't helping you are just trying to stretch your E-peen now.  Quit trying to brag: "Oh if you aren't doing this, then you suck" it's stupid.  I've had team-mates EMPTY rooms with map wide abilities, but go down because of a bombard rocket that slowly meandered their way, I start reviving them and then another enemy waltzes in and headshots me.  who was I supposed to link to?

You are changing the point behind this whole post.  It's a simple one and you aren't helping by derailing.

IF you go down as Nidus, into bleedout.  They shouldn't drain your stacks.  They served no purpose.  That's all, I'm not complaining about going down, I'm complaining about the resources literally flung out the window.  You are missing the forest for the trees here.  Quit trying to play the 'oh I'm such a elite player, your just a pleb noob doing it wrong' thing with me.  I have NO issue building stacks, I never said I was bad, good players don't need to brag to random forum users about stuff they don't care about.

I already told you the way to revive your teamates without dying. CAST YOUR 3. IT COSTS 1 STACK. ONE!! and you say I'm not helping rofl. K. 

I'm stating facts. If playing as a Nidus and you CAN'T get 1 single stack, sorry you're straight up bad, just the truth. 

If that teamate of yours dies at second 5 or 6 after the mission starts, then he does not deserve to be revived. If you still want to revive him ? play other frame then. There are plenty that can serve such purpose. 

What you complain about is pointless because your suggestion of not losing any stack below 14 when entering bleed out just makes him even more broken. You can not have a frame that does excellent at every aspect. You get insane damage, insane cc, insane health regen and you're complaining about not being able to get ONE stack to cast your 3 on. Yes, you ARE doing something wrong.

13 minutes ago, achromos said:

You aren't helping.

I have no problems reviving team mates with number 3 active when playing Kuva Floods and Sorties. Add some power strength to your build if you're going down. With 8 stacks you're also able to cast 4 and 2 making it impossible for you to go down because of all the damn CC.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

24 minutes ago, achromos said:

I cannot help but weigh leaving a fallen team-mate down on the floor if I have 8 stacks because I'll lose them all and not even gain invulnerability nor will I pick my ally up.  I'm not asking for a revision in terms of 15 per extra life.  I'm asking that if we have 14 or below, to just not take them at all, because at the end of the day we are now currently weighing a team-mates life vs our own power.

Well, u with Nidus complaining about no invulnerability when bleedout/down, while other frame have no such invulnerability duration when bleed-out or downed.

With the current 4 life per session, letting them die is a big OK. Unlike the previous system, 4 life per DAY!.

You (Nidus) weight a team-mate life vs your power? Well, your #1, 2 still works without stacks. 

What they mean is that if you have 1 stack you can cast 3 on an enemy. with enough power strength this redirect 90%! of the damage to that enemy while the enemy is basically invulnerable as well.

You can tank multiple lvl 100+ bombards no problem with just that skill.

3 minutes ago, achromos said:

ALL I WANT IS THAT IF YOU DON'T GET REVIVED BY HIS PASSIVE WHICH COSTS THOSE 15 NOT TO LOSE THEM.

Yeah, I get that and thought it was a bit edgy at first but why not use parasitic link to massively reduce your damage? It's increase your survivaliability drastically for the time but if there's a nullifier your stacks will be gone anyway unless you have like 50, 60, than you'll only lose a few if there's one.

14 minutes ago, Chiffolololon said:

If you fail to get even 1 mob to link your 3, you should just sell nidus. Also, no teamates can kill everything insight faster than you pressing 1 button. 

^ +1 for the truth. From what i remenber, your #3 on enemy is immune to player' damage, except for re-direction from mobs.

#3 on ally is easier.

Failing to even #3 on either ally or foe, is a indication that you need to sell your Nidus.

Yeah the penalty does seem arbitrary, since the passive can't activate below 15 stacks, why do you suddenly lose stacks for bleeding out?

But following the trend with 19.6.0 (bottomless pit = -1 stack), if your suggestion is added they'll likely make it so you lose 1 stack at least per bleed-out below 15 stacks.

... and then while you bleed-out, a Nullifier just happens to park on top of you. Goodbye sweet Mutation.

Edited by PsiWarp

17 minutes ago, achromos said:

Here, how about you use all the defensive mods you have, go into a simulacrum and pull out a lvl 100 corrupted bombard.  Stand there and get hit ONCE.  Tell me the results.  I'm eager to hear.  Btw, the 'hardest rewarding content' is a snarky way of saying that I shouldn't be fighting anything above Sortie level?

I'm saying gameplay shouldn't be balanced around going "over the top".

18 minutes ago, achromos said:

Here, how about you use all the defensive mods you have, go into a simulacrum and pull out a lvl 100 corrupted bombard.  Stand there and get hit ONCE.  Tell me the results.  I'm eager to hear.  Btw, the 'hardest rewarding content' is a snarky way of saying that I shouldn't be fighting anything above Sortie level?  If so, it's Irreverent and just your opinion and not helpful to this discussion as you can even drop that down to lvl 80 and still get one-shot or close to it with most frames even nidus with 0 stacks.

No one-shottting here mate, it took 6 rockets to kill me.

18 minutes ago, achromos said:

If Nidus enters bleedout and does not get revived by his team mates those stacks should be forfeit. Its like that for every other frame.

i think OP has a good idea here

if Nidus has less than 15 revives and he dies they shouldn't be consumed
just the normal bleedout
so if a teammate revives him he still has the stacks but if he really dies and has to use a revive they are gone

once Nidus has 15 or more the usualy 15 for the undying are consumed

sounds completely reasonable and fair
i mean you are kinda "paying" the 15 stacks for a free revive
why would you "pay" 14 stacks for nothing?

Edited by Weidro

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'm saying gameplay shouldn't be balanced around going "over the top".

That's actually a good point. Warframe was intended to be balanced around level 60-80. Level 100 is already your endgame. Going too far beyond is just leaving balance behind. However, I do still agree that being downed with less than 15 stacks should not consume the remainder of your stacks. A Nidus that gets downed will NEED the help getting back up. Especially since Nidus isnt the sort of frame a normal player would think to throw Quick Thinking on.

Actually, now that Nidus is out, I wonder why DE doesnt just give all Warframes innate Quick Thinking as a QoL? Of course, theyd have to refund the full endo cost, but that would be trivial. 

2 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

No one-shottting here mate, it took 6 rockets to kill me.

If Nidus enters bleedout and does not get revived by his team mates those stacks should be forfeit. Its like that for every other frame.

He means to say the stacks should be kept even when you're downed and revived by teamates. 

Nidus loses all stacks even after he is revived from his teamate in bleed out stage, but again, that does not matter when you have ridiculous regeneration and 90% damage mitigation that costs nothing but stomping 5 enemies and no mana cost. He might as well be immortal like wukong if OP wants more survivability along with his "not losing stacks" after being revived.

21 minutes ago, Chiffolololon said:

He means to say the stacks should be kept even when you're downed and revived by teamates. 

Nidus loses all stacks even after he is revived from his teamate in bleed out stage, but again, that does not matter when you have ridiculous regeneration and 90% damage mitigation that costs nothing but stomping 5 enemies and no mana cost. He might as well be immortal like wukong if OP wants more survivability along with his "not losing stacks" after being revived.

Then he could have worded it be better because it sounded to me like he meant death.

But I do agree with him. I just tested it and Nidus does indeed lose all his stacks upon entering bleedout. I dont die often as Nidus so I haven't really noticed. Did it become like this after the Nidus changes or was it always like that? If so that should be changed. It makes little sense that Nidus loses his stacks for just entering bleedout. Death sure but not bleedout.