Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone made the Flux Rifle good?!?

-Fe-McHamm3rShot

Question

The Flux Pew Pew

I never paid it any attention, then the Riven system came out.  I received one as a reward, maxed it.  Threw WAY too many forma into the gun.

SO now I sit with 181% ish dmg -- 100% ish toxic --95% ish multi on the Riven.  And I'm messing with Flux Overdrive (the new mod for the gun).

My question is, how the heck is everyone, or anyone building their Flux Rifle?  I wanna love this gun, it seems like it has the potential to cut some mofo's down.

What am I missing? Does it need an all-out buff? Or am I totally missing something?

I'm going to test out some tweaks to fire rate vs. raw dmg output.  Feel free to throw your 2 cents in.

20 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I 5 forma mine..but I was never able to push it into late game. Even with riven.

Here's what I'm currently testing, trying the Kuva Floods as a benchmark.  I figure anything that can hang in those, is good game viable.

Anything thing I'm missing build wise? Or is this gun going "POO POO" instead of "PEW PEW"?

0Q7SsGE.jpg

3 hours ago, HyokaChan said:

Even 300% damage and multishot riven will not make it good. It's just how continuous works.

Wrong I have a +dmg, +multi, +slash and -zoom one and I bring it into sortie 3 or very high level survivals on my nekros farming build all the time and it cuts everything down immediately for trash or maybe 1-2 seconds on heavies. It's fine, but I will say continuous weapons do still need to be looked at for procs.

39 minutes ago, Coaa said:

Wrong I have a +dmg, +multi, +slash and -zoom one and I bring it into sortie 3 or very high level survivals on my nekros farming build all the time and it cuts everything down immediately for trash or maybe 1-2 seconds on heavies. It's fine, but I will say continuous weapons do still need to be looked at for procs.

I have a damage/multi one and it still takes like 5 seconds to take anything down on the 3rd sortie...

7 hours ago, Coaa said:

Mine is still in the 5-6 secs range, although not horrible, it's also not that fun (sitting and doing the 5 Mississippi to kill a heavy).

A look at or revision is I'm thinking, or at least hoping for this year.  We have a ton of beam weeps, but if the mechanic is not ammo/proc viable.  I ain't gonna waste my time on that caca poopoo, I'm gonna concentrate on my hitscan, high status chance, melt butts with tons of dps, fire rate goodies that shoot boolits.

5 hours ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

Continious weapons suck.

^ Please to be fixing this DE.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

its a continuous weapon therefore doomed, flux like despair and a few others have been pretty average/rubbish ever since dmg2.0 hit, plus why "fix" a weapon when they can just create a new weapon hoping ppl will buy that instead.

I would not be opposed to that one bit.  If they would re-tool continuous weeps and make them gooder..

I'm willing spend all the real world monies, I know that getting drunk on maple syrup; and moose punching ain't cheap.  Plus I think laser hair removal is kinda spendy in Canada.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

When Mag's Magnetize was "reworked" in its interaction with continuous fire beam weapons, my love for them plummeted.

I mean, I still love the Synoid Gammacor even after its nerf but I can't really say the same for the Flux Rifle.

Nerf? Nerf! Haha they straight up killed the weapon. I tried to love it. But Ammo Case and P Pistol ammo mutation couldn't keep it running. 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

When Mag's Magnetize was "reworked" in its interaction with continuous fire beam weapons, my love for them plummeted.

I mean, I still love the Synoid Gammacor even after its nerf but I can't really say the same for the Flux Rifle.

Nerf? Nerf! Haha they straight up killed the weapon. I tried to love it. But Ammo Case and P Pistol ammo mutation couldn't keep it running. 

Just now, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Really? With Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation you're not sustaining ammo? Are you shooting into the wind or something or purposefully not using Vacuum?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Really? With Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation you're not sustaining ammo? Are you shooting into the wind or something or purposefully not using Vacuum?

No. I use vacuum. It just doesn't sustain ammo very well. I use it as sparingly as possible.

Edited by (PS4)salovel1991

Don't even try to build continuous weapons for status, that's my tip. For example, continuous weapon with 140% status/per second means you will have 1 guaranteed proc and 40% chance for a second one. Compare that to an unmodded Prisma Grakata, which will proc on average over 5 times a second.

Flux Rifle does have some innate slash proc chance of its own, but it's damage is way too low (compare to Tigris Prime) to make slash status builds even work.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

On 1/18/2017 at 0:47 AM, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

No. I use vacuum. It just doesn't sustain ammo very well. I use it as sparingly as possible.

Then use Ammo Case at least. Or Rifle Scavenger aura. Or both together with Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation. You will get like 1000 ammo per a few pickups :crylaugh:

On 1/17/2017 at 2:47 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Flux Rifle does have some innate slash proc chance of its own, but it's damage is way too low (compare to Tigris Prime) to make slash status builds even work.

I agree, I tried to turn it into a slash monster.. It's MEH at best. 700 ish slash a second, and I think I'm getting 200-300 slash ticks. BOO!!!!

I get more consistent slash dmg ticks from my Boar Prime, and it's built for corrosive/impact :)

Conclusion: I'm couching beam weeps (for status builds) until maybe they get an overhaul.. 

PS. I won't be holding my breathe..