The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY frost prime set are gettin cheaper by the minutes??

Estarossa1

So i thought that after getting vaulted frost prime sets would be selling for at least 600 plat?  i have a set and i want to sell it and it baffles me to see that people want to buy it for 200 or 300 even got someone trying to buy it off me for 100 lol...i need at least 400 plats right now so i can buy ash and trinity's deluxe skin so imagine my dismay when people on region chat told me i will have to wait months to see the price go up ? ...... 

Basic offer and demand.

The reason why Frost Set was expensive in the first place was because it was the very first Prime Frame (excluding Excalibur), and thus the first one to ever be vaulted. Basically, it's been years since Frost was out of the loot table, and when the void key rework hit, none of the existing relics were transformed into Frost Relics either.

But now that Frost has been made avialable again for quite some time, people have had the chance to stockpile on frost relics and sets. It's no longer "rare" since people could farm him for more than a month, and most people that wanted him probably farmed him during his unvaulting. Many people have gotten ten to twenty sets ready to sell, so there's a big offer and very low demand. In a couple of months / years, it'll be worth alot again, but for now, it's only worth slightly more than a recently vaulted frame like Nova.

There is a rumor on Xbox One that the prices are controlled by a couple of alliances. They get a few sets and sell low for a while So that others lose out on the higher prices and start to cave in. Then, as time passes and people have sold their sets off, they still have plenty and start jacking the price up for new players.

This happens after Vaulting and they sit on their stock pile of plat and items they have jacked very high. Then watch as players have no choice but to want what is prices very high or wait for the next release by DE of the items. And then these Alliances get the items again when rereleased and do it all over. 

TradeFrame.....gotta luv it

And with Ember/Frost prime, keep one crucial thing in mind about their prices.

Ember and Frost Prime are some of the oldest primes, who had been very sparsely available for a looooooong time, you will never see those absurdly high prices again, as the relic system will always keep -some- supply of it around.

Im still getting frost prime parts from my relics and other peoples relics. I sold a frost prime set for 250 the other day, time is also money, remember that. I don't know why people are so greedy. On the other hand, there are some cheap a55 mofos who want everything free and then ignore you when you wont sell it for next to free. 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that's Trading for you. I've had to sell Volt and Trinity sets for about 30P or otherwise I can't shift them. quite annoying when you need the Plat.

Yea its ironic that 2 of the better frames IMO are worth nothing. I have frost and ember and rarely touch them. Frost only looks cool now. Ember prime was basically mastery fodder for me, I'll never touch her again.

Edited by Steadfast

5 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Are you implying Frost is not useful?

Not at all, " 2 of the better frames " Just places them up there with the other better frames. Dont be placing words. According to my profile frost is my most played frame. Its because its easy mode and when I want to be lazy and hug a defensive position Its easy to play him. He is certainly not my favorite or the best. He is probably the most boring, I have much more fun with Volt. Frost is good to look at though with the new skin.

Edited by Steadfast

3 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Not at all, According to my profile he is my most played frame. Its because its easy mode and when I want to be lazy and hug a defensive position Its easy to play him. He is certainly not my favorite or the best. He is probably the most boring. He is good to look at though with the new skin.

You do know that with his augments you can change his playstyle, right ?Ice Wave Impedance is amazing for CC, slowing enemies to a crawl ready to be slaughtered, allowing him to be very agressive.. Icy Avalanche is really good if you want to play a support Frost, giving all the allies an ice skin and protecting them from all status effects . There are more ways to play frost other than Chilling Globe. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

You do know that with his augments you can change his playstyle, right ?Ice Wave Impedance is amazing for CC, slowing enemies to a crawl ready to be slaughtered. Icy Avalanche is really good if you want to play a support Frost, giving all the allies an ice skin and protecting them from all status effects . There are more ways to play frost other than Chilling Globe. 

owl_orly.jpg

To be honest I saw this to and my idea is that all these people who have frost sets thought he would go back to 1kp but after the 2nd time he was released everyone had a set. So when he got vaulted again people trued going back to 800 and saw noone wanted him. Same thing is going on with ember I see people posting 700+ but I bet if you post wtb 200p you'll get it