The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your opinion on Banshee?

arch111

BANSHEE IS AWESOME ! 

SORRY FOR YELLING, U CAN'T HEAR ME WITH ALL THE WUB WUB 

On a serious note, I love this warframe. She makes being a silent sniper actually a thing, she can wreck everything as long as she is not too much exposed to enemy fire. She is the incarnation of brutal teamplay. 

Spoiler

But resonating quake is stupidly OP even if I must admit I use it too

8 hours ago, Irixa said:

She is my favorite warframe and I will immediately drop money on prime access when it comes out xD

^THIS^

I too was lookin' at that Valkyr announce like: "Are you kidding me?!"

Banshee is powerful. TOO powerful for the content in game. Syndicate kill squad? dead in seconds, ANY boss without invulnerability powers? dead in seconds.

The thing is there are weapons that can do this almost as fast and be wielded by Zepyr (bullets can't touch 'dis!) or Rhino (Iron baby!) or Loki (U NO SEE ME!) or Nyx (Y'all crazy up in here!). Because these other frames can wield these guns that exist; Banshee is unneeded.

Ever run an enhanced armor Grineer mission 3 sortie survival? Sonar + Resonance lets you wander the map bored. Farming for Relics on Io Jupiter? Quake 2 Win lets everybody chill bored as everything dies in less than 10 seconds a wave.

Banshee is very, oh so devastatingly incredibly powerful. and made of the finest gossamer spun glass. Glass cannon in a dictionary should have her pic next to it. But, in the end an Iron Cannon will do (and is much tougher); a Glass Howitzer is just not needed. (well most of the time)

Banshee is one of the few frames that has infinitely more depth then breath. If you think she's not on par: you don't understand Banshee.
Banshee needs thought, Banshee needs brains. If you haven't got what it takes, please stay clear of Banshee: she is NOT a one trick pony. If you think she's only useful for her ult, you miss the point.
Yes, she needs forma, about 4, which is the high end of average, but absolutely worth it.
Yes, she eats energy like nothing else, but uses it to amazing effect.
Yes she's a glass cannon, this is why she doesn't need to be anywhere near the enemy to absolutely slaughter them...

If an enemy sees her, you're doing it wrong. If an enemy hears her, you're doing it wrong. If an enemy kills her.. dude.. what are you doing?
Her augments are IMHO among the most useful in the game and I still hate not being able to load all of them, effectively, in a single build.

BUT

Banshee also needs experience. Knowing which weapons to use in which circumstances is key. Knowing which exact build you use for which exact mission, and why, is key.

Banshee is hard to learn but So Utterly Satisfying to master.

Edit: did you know Banshee is the one frame that can bring a shotgun to a stealth mission and safely kill more enemies-per-second then you ever could with a bow or sniper?

Edited by ComCray

21 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

lacks good "on the move" CC.

Silence is about as great an "on the move" CC as any. Better then most actually since Silence moves with Banshee and is not restricted to the area she casted it in. Add the Savage Silence augment for a bit of 300% finisher damage and you can just stroll most levels while your team butchers the stunned enemies, regardless of enemy level. Keep casting Sonar for that sweet N x 500% damage (where N is the overlap between sonar-spots) and at the end of the mission Tenno be wondering why they brought their own CC frame.

TL:DR; I don't agree. At all.

12 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Silence is about as great an "on the move" CC as any. Better then most actually since Silence moves with Banshee and is not restricted to the area she casted it in. Add the Savage Silence augment for a bit of 300% finisher damage and you can just stroll most levels while your team butchers the stunned enemies, regardless of enemy level. Keep casting Sonar for that sweet N x 500% damage (where N is the overlap between sonar-spots) and at the end of the mission Tenno be wondering why they brought their own CC frame.

TL:DR; I don't agree. At all.

Never really found Silence to be useful though I'll gladly give it a shot again. What stats do you recommend?

Edited by Slaviar

33 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Never really found Silence to be useful though I'll gladly give it a shot again. What stats do you recommend?

for a silence build I'm using the stats as in the video I posted, only a few changes (primed flow vs natural talent and I use corrosive projection). Also, listen to the guy explain his build. Range is indeed highly overrated for silence builds, which sounds counter-intuitive but makes complete sense when you see it in action...

Edited by ComCray

14 hours ago, arch111 said:

HI fellow Tenno. 

I just recently maxed Banshee and after some initial hesitation I am beginning to like her more and more.

I was aware before that she is hardly a favourite because of the META, but now I feel she is being overlooked for the wrong reasons.

I am wondering if others feel this way too, or if the majority think she needs a rework in order to be more useful?

One thing I do notice is how she needs Forma. Given how her powers work and that they eas alot of points, I can't place all mods I want because the points are at 0.

Compare this to Loki, Ember and Rhino that I can mod just fine without a single Forma. That has me thinking Banshee was designed before many of the really useful mods were around and that is one reason she is not attractive to play now.

Any true Banshee Masters amongst us can share their wizdom to a newling?

- Arch111 -

AHHHAHAHAHA *cough* sorry about  that, just needed to laugh at you thinking banshee NEED's forma to be good, I have never put a forma on my banshee and I can fit everything I want on her with extra points left over, and I'd say one of the main reasons banshee is overlooked for the meta is because she can't just press one button and have everything die, you need to be able to aim to use banshee best because her monstrous damage potential comes from hitting the weakpoints created by Sonar(The single biggest damage boost I have ever found, tell me if you have found a larger one.) and most players don't like having to put it that work, they just want to press a button and have the whole map die. Another likely reason is because banshee is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy easier to kill than any other frame in the game(even loki, because he can go invis) and you either need to play very carefully with banshee or murder everything before it can touch you(my preferred style).

1 hour ago, Slaviar said:

I run around 94% range iirc. You don't really want to leave the threshold of 80-110% if you are trying to balance silence and sonar. Too low and you nerf all her other abilities and too high silence never really benefits you because by the time you get to enemies they are already out of their stun and it becomes harder to continuously stun them. Not many people know of doing this, but if you keep your enemies on the edge of your silence range, you can stun lock them by moving back and forth. 

Anyways, my opinions of banshee (one of my favorites) is that she is great now and I wouldn't mind if they never touched her, but I would like her to see some changes. I think sound quake is antiquated and needs to be reworked, and silence could probably use some Qol changes so that it is not impossible to hear certain things while using it *cough* kuva clouds *cough*.

16 hours ago, arch111 said:

Any true Banshee Masters amongst us can share their wizdom to a newling?

I wouldn't consider myself a Banshee master, but I'm not ignorant to how amazing she is.

Three of her skills have soft cc and she can push party damage into the millions with a resonance build.

And some players insist she's a bad frame.  That baffles me.

Oh, for those of you without a Banshee, there's a way to lay pretend or "baby banshee" as I'd like to call it:

bring Zenistar with primed reach, Helios with the symaris augment and silence your primary and secondary. 

Now you can feel a wee bit like Banshee...

though.. when you have all that... what the Clem is wrong with you?? Y U NO HAEV TEH BANSHEE??

14 hours ago, Irixa said:

Ohhh boy a chance for me to fangirl about my favorite girl <3 This is gonna be lengthy xD

She's not meta because she's not easy to play (you need to put your time and effort to play her well and not die a lot) and I think that she is the ultimate glass cannon in this game. On the upside, she's gonna teach you survivability and how to be on the constant move. She is my favorite warframe and I will immediately drop money on prime access when it comes out xD

Soooo stuff to tell you about her? Hmm. She is both DPS and "support", support in the sense that the weakspots determined by her 2 obviously can be shot by your teammates. DPS because of her 2 and 4. My playstyle is focusing on 2 (for those sweet spots) and 3 (so you can say she's a walking stunner) with the augment for both. Again, you have to be on the constant move because you only have a three second window to kill everything in your face. To do that, your melee has to be something that can kill multiple stuff at once (my go-to is the Orthos Prime, Telos Boltace; the meta melee for her is the Atterax but I cannot stand the stupid noise it makes so I sold it lol). 

My primaries are usually Rakta Cernos or Sancti Tigris because of their energy/health procs respectively. But when I wasn't comfortable with "you only have one shot", I was using Soma Prime. My secondary varies, it doesn't matter that much for me. Sonicor is a good "omg need to get everything out of the way" option if you don't feel like using the 1 as a panic button. I play between Zenurik and Naramon as focus schools, but invis is a very good thing to have. So if I go for Zenurik, I have my Prisma Shade or Huras Kubrow on. If Naramon, it's an Adarza  (sometimes Smeeta) for those crits. (Note: I love kubrows and kavats so the ones I've decided to take to endgame have been forma'd at least 4 times).

Her 1 and 4 are sort of her "panic" buttons because of their reach? Building ariund her 4 is the meta now, but it's boring. Powerful and useful, but boring. I know there's a build around her armor-stripping 1 but I haven't tried or seen it yet, I jst saw someone mention it.

When you can do high tier survival with her alone, that's when I can say you are pro xD I'm not there yet though.

I would like to see more of this fan girl thingy. And yes banshee is good but not really teach you for moving when the horde can one shot you. She needs a little bit more survivability but otherwise she is fine.

Oh man this is the best thread i have seen in awhile. Banshee yes does require a lot of skill, placement, ability usage, and consumption of energy. She is one of the frames who gets looked down upon because she is very squishy, and or the fact she does not have abilities that insta kill enemies on an instant. People look over this godess of a warframe, for reasons that seem very vague, and unnecessary. I have about 2-3 forma in my banshee right now. And i absolutely love playing her. Silence, And sonar are such a fun couple of abilities that pair together so well. Resonating quake yes it is good, but it is insanely cheap. her first ability is fun, but lacks usage, and overall usefulness.     

12 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

And yes banshee is good but not really teach you for moving when the horde can one shot you. She needs a little bit more survivability but otherwise she is fine.

She teaches you to move because she forces you to, so you can avoid the horde (or Napalms, Bombards etc) from one-shotting you lol. Move close so the stun hits them, kill em off, bullet away and dodge if the duration isn't enough, then come back for another stun window. In my noobier days, I had to literally stand still so I can aim properly and shoot. Otherwise, I would just spray bullets in the air. Now I can say my dodging reflexes and aim are so much better; evidenced by how I usually have the highest damage dealt and the most kills in defense sorties lately (especially the "Bow Only" ones this week :P) unless there's a Mesa or Ember around lol. But yeah, wouldn't mind a bit more survivability! Quick Thinking is great but sometimes is isn't enough for those Sapping Ospreys.....

I play my Banshee a lot and always with a resonance sonar build - I always use her for high priority target missions  such as assassination (very good in sortie assassinations)  and sentient killing etc. On the way to the target I use silence so that the foolish enemies cower before me mwahahaha.

Depending on mission level and team composition I don't use her for much else though as I'm not a fan of soundquake unless it's a quick get me out of trouble moment so I stick mainly to using her for killing single target high health/armor units.

When Valkyr was announce as the last prime I was gutted - cannot stand Valkyr myself but I long for Banshee prime :D

8 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

The biggest problem with Banshee is her multiple attribute dependency. You can't really dump any stat because you need them all.

Silence really needs to be recastable, or a toggle too.

Agreed. And preferably recastable. Like Saryn's toxic leash... (I prolly shpellered that rong...)

40 minutes ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

her first ability is fun, but lacks usage, and overall usefulness.     

Put that augment on there. Strips enemies of their armor and dumps them on the floor for you. Like fish in a barrel and about as cheap as it sounds.