Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you Feel About Blast Damage ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I think it's really buggy like half the time it procs it doesn't knockdown, stagger, or nothing . But do you think it's useful, fun, useless, needs to be updated, can't compete with other elements. I feel like it should be expanded , seeing how we will probably get a warframe that does blast dmg sooner or later .

(Please be a gundam/mech

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Same here. Though using something like a Tonkor fully modded for Blast is funny, seeing all the Enemies fly around, hehe. But DE already said that they want to rework Elements and how they work so i think this won't be a Problem for much longer (hopefully).

5 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Same here. Though using something like a Tonkor fully modded for Blast is funny, seeing all the Enemies fly around, hehe. But DE already said that they want to rework Elements and how they work so i think this won't be a Problem for much longer (hopefully).

Hopefully they don't touch viral & gas 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think it's really buggy like half the time it procs it doesn't knockdown, stagger, or nothing . But do you think it's useful, fun, useless, needs to be updated, can't compete with other elements. I feel like it should be expanded , seeing how we will probably get a warframe that does blast dmg sooner or later .

(Please be a gundam/mech

If they made a blast themed frame whose ability was firing a homing missile swarm like a mech I would buy it.  (Look up the trope Macross Missile Massacre.)  If they made its passive "immunity to self inflicted blast damage" I'd never play another frame again.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

I have a blast damage combined with impact damage on my sweeper for carrier. Enemies do stagger or fall down when they come near me. I find it rather useful even for late game.

Other than that I like blast for entertainment. Enemies that have the honor of meeing my Boar P. or Tonkor tend to fly through the map in physically interesting ways. 

Edited by k05h

As a damage type it's next to worthless, unless you are looking to really stack damage up on heavy infested units with Corrosive/Blast. It's +75% bonus is against an armor type that only two (already very weak) enemy mobs have.

Also, I've always felt that if it's good against Grineer Machinery, it should be good against Corpus Robotics too, it would have made more sense to me.

Aside from that, it is quite good for the CC status effect, but not good enough that I ever use it myself. Sweeper Prime, however, with Blast and Electric is very useful to have on any Sentinel. 

Other than those situations, unless you really like sending corpses flying... not much reason to use it.

I can also force myself to not get knocked down.

Eximus Fart on the way, I do a Cloud Walk, saunter over, and "finish" them. 

Ancient Eximi shoots out his harpoon from 20 metres away, I shoot out my Iron Jab and tank the damage with my face. The Iron Jab is comically short and hits nothing but the animation cancels the pull. Then I slide attack with the iron staff and follow with a flurry of blows that make them throw their heads back in pain.Sometimes I use channeling so that their bodies are evaporated. Giggle.

7 hours ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

I use it on the Grakata. It's amusing watching enemies constantly fall over and require a Life Alert. Launching corpses all over the place with my Grakata is a nice bonus too.

I mean, other than that, it doesn't really see any use from me.

I CAN'T GET UP!!! Jokes aside, it's pretty good for crowd control, but it's annoying if you try to get headshots... Very good on melees, though, as you can get ground finishers.

I always have a Blast with it.... *crickets*

ok, I'll be serious, Blast is fun on some weapons, like Jat Kittag, Amprex etc. because it can have stupid knockdown effects, but as an endgame element, it isn't as viable as corrosive or Gas. me and several others had an idea a while back for a new Status system that gives special effects for Status Procs, stuff like Corrosive melting armour onto a Lancer's body so that they start turning to mush, and with blast, we could make it so that enemies get limbs blown off, massive holes punched through them etc.

now the way this fits into endgame is that if you blow off an enemy's arm, they can no longer use two handed weapons, so must resort to melee or other means of attack. if they lose a leg, they are forced to crawl on the floor, greatly slowing them down and allowing you to perform a ground finisher on them.

Disarming (literally!), Crowd Control and a means of triggering Finishers all rolled into one! would be amazing IMO.

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

If they made a blast themed frame whose ability was firing a homing missile swarm like a mech I would buy it.  (Look up the trope Macross Missile Massacre.)  If they made its passive "immunity to self inflicted blast damage" I'd never play another frame again.

All I need in life 😭

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

All I need in life 😭

a52.gif

Edited by Kaotyke

22 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Yes, there are issues with it and blast proc is inconsistent in knocking down enemies. Today I watched a couple of two Arson Eximi walking through Zenithar's blast disk under blast procs as if it wasn't even there.

If you want a knockdown blast weapon that works, try a corrosive/blast setup on pox.