Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 Seconds to Rescue a Hostage?

X9tails327X

Just now, DarkRuler2500 said:

Moon Rescue definitely requires a team who knows what to do.
If it should be soloable (without RNG) the time must be around 90 seconds.

I heard there was another way to get to the portal buttons but I didn't take the time too look lol.

but 60 Seconds for a Rescue is insane...imagine all the new players that just unlocked LUA, they won't understand the concept of the mission especially when they only have 60 seconds and there are enemies/Double doors/Consoles to hack.

And with no Cipher to use its literally a gamble either way.

Part of the problem (at least today when I tried the lua rescue) is that the portal doesn't actually show up sometimes. Maybe a client-side issue, but when the correct one is hacked the portal should open allowing you to jump in / the captive out. Today I just jumped into area that it was supposed to spawn and it worked it teleported me, but the portal was never rendered from the "outside."

4 minutes ago, Invisum said:

Part of the problem (at least today when I tried the lua rescue) is that the portal doesn't actually show up sometimes. Maybe a client-side issue, but when the correct one is hacked the portal should open allowing you to jump in / the captive out. Today I just jumped into area that it was supposed to spawn and it worked it teleported me, but the portal was never rendered from the "outside."

This has happened to me constantly

It's completely doable solo, but you kind of have to know exactly what to do.  In other words: practice the normal version of this mission first.  Sortie is meant to be hard mode, so if you aren't actually well acquainted with Lua rescue then don't expect to just breeze through.

You don't have to go in the front, with the big slow door in the ice field. Going that way will cost you several seconds. There's an alternate route that lets you bypass that console and door, and come in through the ceiling of the portal room instead. Look for a pillar to climb up.

Also, you don't have to go into each portal. Just keep hacking and the rescue target will shout "I'm in here!" when you get the right one.

I did it with a friend, if you take the front door time time is just enough to go through the 3rd portal (I hacked and my buddy checked the portals) The portals transitions don't help either,  I had to jump myself in the last one (about 1s left) as my buddy was floating and recovering from exiting the second one. I have yet to try the alternate route but my guess is all it adds is a few seconds. Yes, very infuriating.

21 minutes ago, Momaw said:

It's completely doable solo, but you kind of have to know exactly what to do.  In other words: practice the normal version of this mission first.  Sortie is meant to be hard mode, so if you aren't actually well acquainted with Lua rescue then don't expect to just breeze through.

You don't have to go in the front, with the big slow door in the ice field. Going that way will cost you several seconds. There's an alternate route that lets you bypass that console and door, and come in through the ceiling of the portal room instead. Look for a pillar to climb up.

Also, you don't have to go into each portal. Just keep hacking and the rescue target will shout "I'm in here!" when you get the right one.

This guy right here has it right.

Let me post some screenshots to back him up on the alternate route.

bix6uNV.jpg

That down there would be the door you run to, to hack to gain entrance, turn just right from where I am standing and look up like this:

e7ejvdp.jpg

Once in this hole in the ceiling it will look just like this:

YHTDxMK.jpg

At the end of the hole you will see the inside of the cells with the void portal:zGXqWYo.jpg

Edited by Alcatraz

There's also an entrance, through a route underneath, directly opposite the vault entrance, across the ice tiles. In the first image of Alcatraz's post, it's directly under where his frame is standing.

Edited by schilds

I'm so pissed at this mission type.    I know it's doable and I could just keep running it solo in hopes of getting the right random portal in the first two hacks, but I thought, what the heck, I'll try a few public runs.  7 to be exact.

Forget about it.    1.  These guys just run in and start hacking without a clue.    Literally in one they all hacked at same time and overrode the right one.  2.  Most don't even know what's going on at all.    3.  Try to take a moment before game to get everyone on the same page and they just ignore you, nevermind the fact that you're MR23 and they're 11.     4.  After inevitably failing, everyone just bolts and clicks replay again.  

Just because it's "doable" solo doesn't mean it is.   It should be able to be done completely every time by someone who's expert.  Not relied on by RNG to have gotten the lucky consoles because I want to see the vid of the guy that can hack all four in under 60 seconds.   Someone who is crazy fast might get 3 but not four. 

1 hour ago, Momaw said:

I think they might have changed that.   Used to be able to hack them all and just jump in and you were guaranteed to get the captive, now if someone else hacks before you've jumped, destination is changed.    So this basically ruins a public squad where everyone is hacking and will override the right portal.