Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros or Nidus (thoughts, opinion and preference)

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Hello Tenno,

Before I start, please note that this is purely an opinion, subjective topic and my views on the frame, this isn't some kind of nerf, slight comparison. You may criticize or give negative feedback, as it won't have any affect on my views on the frame.

As for the new frame Nidus is becoming prominent, i've seen much of nidus in public lobbies and much less of Inaros. As I've played with both frames, I feel like Nidus is a god frame once you've hit the max mutation and can endure high level content, similarly with Inaros, the difference with 2 are big yet their usage in high content is superlative.

Nidus shares some abilities from other frames, for example:

Defy is Wukongs ability that, well resists death, and instead gives a percentage of health, while consuming energy, you are then given invulnerability during each phase. (Easy way is to get rage mod and a quiet spot to refresh)

^ this is similar to Nidus's passive where you must gain 15 stack, with 5 seconds of invulnerability. I concur that it's not easy but the trade off here is that you must get those stacks in order to get the passive to kick in, during or at the fatal event. 

Inaros's scarab swarm allows Inaros to coat himself with hardened scarab armour and then unleash it on enemies to bestow allies with health regen. (It's actually a better version but then again those enemies can be killed)

^ Nidus ravenous creates a field for health regen but requires allies to be on the field to regen. Inaros regen has a radius while Nidus doesn't.

Trinity's link is similar to Nidus parastic link that negates a certain portion of damage to the enemy bonded.

Inaros and Nidus have no shield but health, well one more then the other. Since Nidus requires mutation in order to use his 3rd and 4th ability, it's a trade off, to get.

Conclusion 

Nidus is a great frame that requires you to build up with his mutation stacks, health regen, damage mitigation. Nidus really gets the job done easily, similar to Inaros.

Both frames are great in their own terms and playstyle for a player. But I would say, I prefer Inaros due to his ability to jump into a high level firefight and heal teammates without worrying about gaining stacks.

What are your musings on Nidus or other similar frame that have ability similarity.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

I prefer Inaros as well honestly, the stacks were an interesting idea, but I don't feel their current use is particularly interesting or outright powerful. Useful enough, but like many new warframes, somewhat over-hyped to its performance.

37 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I prefer Inaros, mostly because he doesn't need time to wind up and he's great for CC with a proper build. But Nidus is also great and a lot of fun.

Inaros first skill combined with telos boltace slide attacks is really brutal. Inaros surely dominates the CC.

34 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I prefer Inaros as well honestly, the stacks were an interesting idea, but I don't feel their current use is particularly interesting or outright powerful. Useful enough, but like many new warframes, somewhat over-hyped to its performance.

Like every frame Nidus' performance depends on the player. He is neither OP nor underpowered, but powerful in the right hands.

8 minutes ago, ashrah said:

inaros is best tank... without qestion.... 4600hp vs1100hp

Very questionable in my opinion. Nyx can become invincible, Valkyr too. Pure HP are a bad indicator of durability for a warframe.

1 minute ago, Genoscythe said:

Inaros first skill combined with telos boltace slide attacks is really brutal. Inaros surely dominates the CC.

Like every frame Nidus' performance depends on the player. He is neither OP nor underpowered, but powerful in the right hands.

Very questionable in my opinion. Nyx can become invincible, Valkyr too. Pure HP are a bad indicator of durability for a warframe.

I would agree for the most part about the usefulness of a warframe being mostly down to players, but I would have to disagree about HP/Armor being a bad indicator of durability. One can thinks of durability as the warframe stats itself, while ability based durability is a separate animal. For example, Valkyr is a good example of a tank in both respects while Rhino for example is middling durability but has essentially an extra layer of shields in Iron skin. In Nidus' case, he was already nerfed due to popular opinion versus in-game performance.

27 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

one eximus near nyx she will go down... inaros with rage is like god...

Have to say after the initial oooh new frame stage has warn off I've just gone back to using my old frames such as inaros.  Main reason being is that until DE balances frames like ember behind a stack system similar to nidus world on fire or other similar abilities which can be activated from the very instant you access a level will just get in the way of nidus getting his stacks, especially on 'normal' levels. 

Not to mention Nidus is one heck of an ability spam frame, he literally needs to spam his 1 (and 2), which can get tiresome after a while.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

What are your musings on Nidus or other similar frame that have ability similarity.

Inaros is THE tank. And with a properly modded heath pool he even transforms his pets (via link health) into tanks with multiple thousands of health. 

Edited by k05h

Inaros is practically invulnerable with arcane grace and the other that increases armor when you're hit. He has less cc unless you build max range for his pocket sand (Inaros used sand attack! :3 ) but is overall a tankier beast even without the base regen that Nidus has. With 4x the hitpoints, an ultimate that pretty much has a ton of impact, the ability to eat people and regain hp as well as spin to win, Inaros is the old bestie tank along with Chroma. Nidus is more cancerous because everyone thinks that he's amazing at every mission (spoiler, he's not a slowva, so stop bringing him to everything) and has quite high damage output with the correct build to mass stacks. The only drawback with him is that if you have a team that has more than enough damage to kill stuff, you won't ever get stacks. Essentially, Inaros is good to go from the start, Nidus is trash until he has the stacks to at least cast his 4.

I am a big fan of both inaros and nidus, and I have to say I use nidus more. However, certain mission types do make a big difference on which frame I pick. 

For example, I will always use nidus for survivals and defenses, unless it's a survival for the third sortie. While nidus does have the ability to compete versus level 100 enemies, he needs to accumulate stacks first, which can be rather hard when the enemies can come close to one-shotting you. In defenses, you can hide behind a frost's bubble until you've gotten the required stacks, so it's much easier in that situation. As for inaros, while he still has great survivability, he is much slower at killing things. often, your best bet at high levels is to use a dagger and slowly work your way through enemies that have been blinded by pocket sand. It works, but it's not how I want to spend a survival.

For spy missions, I'll usually go nidus. why, you might ask? linking enemies not only disables them entirely, but doesn't alert them. Great for use against sensor regulators, or even the odd enemy that's standing in the way but you know you can't one-shot.

interception is always nidus. his larva can often rip enemies off of the consoles they're hacking, which is a wonderful cheese tactic.

Capture, rescue, sabotage, etc is usually inaros' territory, as his high health and easy health regen allow you to focus on the mission instead of staying alive. For the same reason, I use him in most assassination missions.

In the end, it mostly depends on how much effort I want to put into the mission. Nidus is often better once he's got enough stacks, but inaros is much easier for getting into and out of a mission.

inaros

- alot easier to play, more forgiving than nidus

- stealth multipliers

- tanky

Nidus

- if you dont have stacks or link on something, you can be easily smashed by high level burst damage or scorches/techs. 

- longer window to get hit while casting your cc / link

both are tanky, but in different ways.  

Inaros is tanky from his huge hp pool combined with CC,which is effectively 100% damage reduction.  

Nidus has the 90% damage reduction from link as well as the defy-like mechanics on his passive. larger window of opportunity to get downed when below 15 stacks though.