The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How often do you get the -75% discount?

Zebiko

12 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

It is all up to:

RNG.gif

+1

That and MR.

I'm at MR 23, I rather persistently do my daily logins and I do my few rounds of Kuva and Alerts almost every day... and still, I get 75% and 50% discounts on a regular basis independent of my current platinum.

That doesn't mean that there might be a hidden marketing factor but it's most likely the usual voodoo ideas when RNG produces odd results.

Edited by Toran

I got it 3-4 times in two weeks a few months ago, and get it at least once a month otherwise. I regularly buy plat, and I log in every day. I don't know if there's some sort of hidden mechanic that gives you a higher chance if you haven't logged in for a while, but I get it pretty often without taking breaks, so I don't bother.

Edited by Cat__Nap

On 2/13/2017 at 5:49 PM, Seinerweisen said:

Since I started playing December 24th 2015 I have gotten 20 of them

That smell.  . that smelly smell.

As of last year, I nabbed two. One early in the year and the last in September. 

Honestly, I get them often when I want them to / when I'm not active. Throughout 2016, typically when I want a 50% or 75% discount I'll intentionally not play for 2 to 3 weeks, just to log back in and more times than not get one of the two.

So since it's well known that how often you buy plat and how often you play heavily factor in your chances, just looking back at a few months of my purchase history, just in 2016 alone I've gotten three 50% and three 75% discounts.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:47 PM, lightdragon64 said:

here is a secret:

the discount is directly proportional to 2 things, how often you play, and how often you buy plat.

if you don't play for a long time there is a very good chance of getting a 75% off

if you don't buy plat for a long time but play often the chance is less but still better.

just don't go making multiple accounts and logging into them to get an advantage to the 75% off platinum you will get banned.

LoL what?? Point me to where in the TOS it says that. Ban me for buying plat at 75% discount across multiple accounts. Out of 3 accounts total of maybe 5 times in 2 years. There's only once that I recall that it was a 2 day gap, I got 75% on 2 of 3 accounts. One account 1 day and 2 days later another account. It was during the gifting tenno event. To which I used both accounts to gift multiple tenno. Aside from tennogen stuff ive hardly any use for plat anymore. So I'm just using up what I have and closing my wallet on warframe. Exception is bard frame, but I'm for certain going to have enough to buy craft rush potato/tomato her.