The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

This should have been done when Limbo was released IMHO. The Limbo Quest should have covered this. Either way I'm looking forward to Limbo's rework(however minor it may be). 

Just remembered; how it pops up in Kuva Siphons that you can press 5 to use operator. That can be put in place for Limbo but more transparent or on the side.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Why can't I pick up loot? (When banished or in cataclysm)

Becouse the loot is outside the Rift, why? Becouse it is not a living thing.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

What the hell is the rift?

The rift is another Dimension, filled with Void Energy.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Why does my guns do no damage?

When you are in the rift, you can only hurt enemies Inside the rift as well, also Limbo's 3rd skill will do a x7dmg to all enemies in the rift.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Why can't the enemy damage me?

Same as up.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Why can't I hack?

Control Consoles are not alive, and outside the rift. You must exit the rift to use them,

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

And above all- How do i get out of the rift??

you entered the rift by pressing 2, press it again to exit (or Roll if you are not Limbo)

All those infos can be easly found by paying attention while doing the Limbo quest, by reading limbo abilities or on the wiki. 

So please, before posting those kind of threads, make sure to have red everything about a warframe. 

Bye

Edited by Kyryo
Killed the grammar, tried to make things correct. (Grammar nazi on myself, yes)

2 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

All those infos can be easly found by paying attention while doing the Limbo quest, by reading limbo abilities and on the wiki. 

So please, before posting those kind of threads, make sure to have read everything about a warframe. 

Bye

You missed the point of this thread by a mile. What are new players who haven't done the quest going to know??? 

Ask the Limbo, or simply do the MR3 quest wich explains everything.

There are a lot of Frames that do strange things, and i've never had a problem, when i see something strange i just ask in the team chat, they usually answer me.

if they do not, i just open the Wiki. 

4 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

There are a lot of Frames that do strange things, and i've never had a problem, when i see something strange i just ask in the team chat, they usually answer me.

Ye cool you still missed the point aight nvm then

23 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Ye cool you still missed the point aight nvm then

I think the point he is trying to make is toward the casual/new players. You are right they should and might ask. Others just don't communicate because their either intimidated or anti-social. I didnt start using the wiki until at least a year after I started. Your not wrong. There are ways to find it, but none in the beginning without socializing.

But that's catering to the solo/casual player.

Edited by KazeUindo

27 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

The rift is another Dimension, filled with Void Energy.

When you are in the rift, you can only hurt enemies Inside the rift as well, also Limbo's 3rd skill will do a x7dmg to all enemies in the rift.

Same as up.

Control Consoles are not alive, and outside the rift. You must exit the rift to use them,

you entered the rift by pressing 2, press it again to exit (or Roll if you are not Limbo)

All those infos can be easly found by paying attention while doing the Limbo quest, by reading limbo abilities or on the wiki. 

So please, before posting those kind of threads, make sure to have red everything about a warframe. 

Bye

21 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

You've missed the entire point of the thread.

Firstly, saying "open the wiki" shows exactly my issue, that the game fails to present the necessary information that allows players to understand the rift. The Quest at best only gives you this

" Could it be that there's a plane between our normal plane and the void? A space between space, a rift? A rift that this Limbo could control? "-Ordis

Exactly where in the quest is the rift actually explained? The quest at best informs you of it's existence, that is all.

Thanks for bringing up the lack of information in-game about the Rift. In-game, tool tips, hints that pop up, Codex entry, built-in as a mini-tutorial.

Other posters have completely missed the point of these suggestions because of some indirect way to get info about how-to outside the game, those are called player-made guides. We want the developers to provide the information right where we need it, while in a mission not alt-tabbing to the wiki or typing in chat asking others when the mission demands our undivided attention.

Too bad this will probably get merged to the general discussion megathread. But I'm glad there are others who sees this problem.

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

Your guns are not a living thing either. And neither is the ground you're standing on.

It's a game mechanic, it should be designed with gameplay in mind.

There used to be a glitch where if you picked up the mobile defense suitcase while in the rift, if would be impossible to pick it up again. It seems that loot can't be picked up ever since DE made it impossible to pick up the suitcase in the rift.

So it really just looks like not being able to pick up loot is just a band aid to the suitcase glitch.

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Thanks for bringing up the lack of information in-game about the Rift. In-game, tool tips, hints that pop up, Codex entry, built-in as a mini-tutorial.

Other posters have completely missed the point of these suggestions because of some indirect way to get info about how-to outside the game, those are called player-made guides. We want the developers to provide the information right where we need it, while in a mission not alt-tabbing to the wiki or typing in chat asking others when the mission demands our undivided attention.

Too bad this will probably get merged to the general discussion megathread. But I'm glad there are others who sees this problem.

It's part of the wider problem of DE doesn't provide enough information visibly in the game. If someone can tweet it to Pablo, Steve or Rebecca it very well could make it in before the rework drops. Player's have grown so reliant on the wiki (along with DE actively encouraging players to go to the wiki) that it's become a crutch and many people forget that it's DE  to provide the information, not players.

7 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Bye

Yet, many players have no idea how Limbo's abilities works.

Sure, you can find all necessary information on wiki, but players who don't know much about Limbo have problem finding those information. They probably don't even know who is  "Limbo".

And players who don't care simply won't read the information.

cataclysm has a mechanic that when enemies cross the threshhold, they take damage, get a stagger, all that fun, but...

it also shrinks over time.

Cataclysymic continuum increases the DURATION of cataclysm per kill, but does nothing for the RANGE.

So, now, hear me out here. What if it also bumped the range back up as well when you got a kill? Because right now the aug is close to useless because what use is extending how long your rift battlefield can be on the field if it's the size of your thumbnail.

Edited by OfficerBeepsky

Agreed, the size of the bubble should scale back up to match the duration gained. It's also capped at the total modded duration (can't get seconds beyond that) plus the 1 second gained is paltry. Why run the augment when you can just recast, since Limbo has energy to burn.

A small, but very gold request: 

Can Limbo's banish open enemies to finisher rather than knocking them down? 

At least as an augment, because it would give limbo a HUGE endgame potential. Especially with new mechanics (chain rift, stasis)

This change can turn all the tables. 

1 hour ago, Quanlain said:

A small, but very gold request: 

Can Limbo's banish open enemies to finisher rather than knocking them down? 

At least as an augment, because it would give limbo a HUGE endgame potential. Especially with new mechanics (chain rift, stasis)

This change can turn all the tables. 

Combine this with time stop and the kill chain would be brutal

I only hope they make it so Limbo can actually interact with physical objects while in the Rift somehow.

Its insane that since you are not invisible, you can move around but all the monsters see you and follow you.  The split second you need to come out of the rift you have 50 guns tearing you apart.

Also the animation of being in the rift for the non-Limbo allies is kind of very irritating and hard to see through.  They should make it a simple color change like the new Ash blade storm "idling" mode.

37 minutes ago, OfficerBeepsky said:

there's a damage mechanic, albeit small, of enemies crossing the boundary.

Was that all? If it was damage over time affected by Limbo's power strength, then yeah it deserves to shrink but right now, its just for entering and leaving and its a fixed 300 damage.