Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing is good and its fun

Fugana

OK do not listen to all this trolls "oh it give me motion sickness" if this give you motion sickness than you are probably 60+ YEARS OLD so stop it. Personal i didn't played archwing much in the past mostly because of the arcade flight system but now when we have that movement freedom i am all in it. Yeah you wont navigate easy from the first mission in some tight corridors like those on corpus mission but with a little practice you will learn fast how to not smash your face every time there is a curve. Look flight is not ease all arcade games you played in the past dosent represent how plane or space crafts fly at all : \ here in archwing is kinda realistic and i like it there is no sense of ground and it makes it even better. You can pull amazing moves while combat enemy and its all amazing and glorious. Pls do not kill this game mode or reverse it back to the arcade flight model :| i love the current one and its very fun to play dont listen to these trolls that complain about everything in every possible away.    

Guess someone hasn't played JV with the new "realistic" archwing controls. In a tight spot where you need speed because you are racing against your shields literally, and you need to turn on a dime... well the old AW system provided that. Nuf said

30 minutes ago, Fugana said:

OK do not listen to all this trolls "oh it give me motion sickness" if this give you motion sickness than you are probably 60+ YEARS OLD so stop it.

lol, reverse trolling and trolling in one sentence. nice one. just posting to say you forgot to bold 60+. ;)

30 minutes ago, Fugana said:

OK do not listen to all this trolls "oh it give me motion sickness" if this give you motion sickness than you are probably 60+ YEARS OLD so stop it. Personal i didn't played archwing much in the past mostly because of the arcade flight system but now when we have that movement freedom i am all in it. Yeah you wont navigate easy from the first mission in some tight corridors like those on corpus mission but with a little practice you will learn fast how to not smash your face every time there is a curve. Look flight is not ease all arcade games you played in the past dosent represent how plane or space crafts fly at all : \ here in archwing is kinda realistic and i like it there is no sense of ground and it makes it even better. You can pull amazing moves while combat enemy and its all amazing and glorious. Pls do not kill this game mode or reverse it back to the arcade flight model :| i love the current one and its very fun to play dont listen to these trolls that complain about everything in every possible away.    

According to him, Warframe is nursing home.

It's true that archwing can be fun, but only in open asteroid field. Other tilesets are unintuitive and simply not created with the current movement system in mind. The devs even admitted it in yesterday's devstream.

Also, archwing does give some people motion sickness, calling them trolls is downright rude. 

44 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I am 34 and the new Archwing controls give me motion sickness.

Go home, kiddo. Call back in twenty years and let us know what your aging body and brain is capable of compensating for, because age sets in much sooner than you think.

I'm 17, half your age, I almost vomited the first time I played it. It isn't your age mate, the motion is just that bad.

Old archwing was a lot better. this one is a just big mess of bugs.
They could just add 360* turning around, but left all the rest.

For example you melee something and you can't immediately turn on your engines to max, you need to wait until warframe hide melee weapon then you can use spacebar to use engines, other wise you will just fly up -_-.

A lot of times I can end up being inside of an enemy or walls, this is just realy broken.

While holding spacebar and changind direction for example fly back or left/right and shot, your gun/s are aiming to the direction you are flying (back,left ro right) but if you shot the projectiles fly in the direction your aimimg point is. So archwing bullets can change direction by 180* ?

Old archwing didn't had those stupid problems. I hope they will revert changes and add more missions, more content etc.
In old times I had a moment where I enjoyed archwing, but now it's just naaah I don't want to play that broken mode. Maxed all archwings, weapons and forget about it.

4 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I'm 17, half your age, I almost vomited the first time I played it. It isn't your age mate, the motion is just that bad.

You have sickness when you are in a car, plane or ship?
Me it isn't affecting the same as VR helmets I can play it 5 Hours and only what I will feel weird is that I have to move my legs to move around, because of 5 hours in VR game where you move around without moving your legs makes it xD.

Just now, Praxxor said:

Been in all of them for long periods of time, got caught up in a small storm on a ship for a few hours, NEVER had any sort of sickness.

Hmm thats weird why you have sickness in archwing. If you have sickness in VR helmets then maybe that cause people to feel bad in 360* Archwing movement.

Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

Hmm thats weird why you have sickness in archwing. If you have sickness in VR helmets then maybe that cause people to feel bad in 360* Archwing movement.

The only contact I had with VR was a Google Cardboard, it did tire me more easily than a regular screen, but I still had no sickness. I just played one of those space-sim demos for a few hours through some weird wi-fi connection, even the latency didn't make me sick.

1 hour ago, Celthric317 said:

So basicly you're saying that almost everyone who plays WF is a troll.

There are plenty of warframe gamers that are pleased by the game and many many trolls that sit here 24/7 in forums *@##$ing around without even spend time in game to see that if you put some effort you may get what you need from the game. Big chunk of the player base dont even enter this webpage [warframe forum] so dont you dare twisting my words. 

1 hour ago, Praxxor said:

Said no one ever

Give archwing a try, experiment with different weapons you will like it dont just regret without putting some effort :) 

28 minutes ago, Fugana said:

Give archwing a try, experiment with different weapons you will like it dont just regret without putting some effort :) 

You might wanna look at my profile though, I didn't spend a lot of time there, but you can't say that I put no effort at all.

1 hour ago, Fugana said:

Let me rephrase that: Use Amesha to be invulnerable and have essentially infinite energy and use the Fluctus to kill a dozen enemies faster than other weapons can kill one.

The new movement system in Archwing is extremely floaty. You can't properly control it like before, where you could race through the Corpus ships at top speed.

Archwing is also essentially just a dumbed down version the regular gameplay in space, featuring enemies that just line up for you to be shot, since all of them essentially use the same AI pattern, and lacking one of the most fun aspects of regular gameplay: Parkour.

I'm also absolutely sure that everyone just loves being bombarded by missiles, which can kill you practically instantly, fired by everyone's favourite enemy: The Hellion.

The developers themselves have said that Archwing definitely needs a rework before they consider putting it into Sorties.

No, Archwing is not fine and Archwing is not fun.

3 hours ago, Fugana said:

oh look, another player who spends 24/7 on the forums, with barely any game time, lecturing about how every person with a weak stomach is obviously a senior citizen....

can I have a copy of your rose tinted glasses? my friend needs a pair after vomiting while in party on Uranus (17) but obviously, I'm delusional, no teenager would ever play a game with tons of blood guts and gore... oh wait...

2 hours ago, Fugana said:

experiment with entire 4 aw, and some10 weapons all across entire 5-6 missions offered...imo the biggest thing holding the aw back is lack of content. i don't know exact number of missions across starchart but it's in range from 5 to 10. one mission per planet and not even on all planets. you don't get any variety in them. you don't have 10 different mobile defenses across various levels and both factions, you get only 2. you don't get 10 interceptions from level 5 to level 30, there is 1 on uranus? i think. 

we have few missions and if you want to progress you're forced to play them all over again. and again. and again. and again. 

not to mention controls really do need polishing especially for corpus maps. it's fine for grineer and their asteroid fields, but not for tight corridors where you have no idea where you are going because minimap is just that great as well.