The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about the slide attack macro

Knight_Ex

48 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

Pray tell me how a macro that turns two button presses into one is cheating?

That in itself is not cheating.  The fact that everyone I've seen use a macro can slide attack 5 to 10 times in about a second should definitely be considered something of an exploit.

I can't record video but these 4 images show just how quickly the macro sends this boltace user across the map.  I cannot do that with the normal press of keys required to slide attack and I have my crouch key rebound to my mouse.  He moves so quickly he is invisible and he wasn't even an invis frame and we weren't in the mission long enough to activate naramon as you can see by my own focus indicator at the bottom.

Creating macros to ease the pain of multiple key combinations for actions would be fine if there was a delay between actions.  Just my opinion of course.

I've also seen someone use it with secura lecta and its astounding how fast he moves across the map.  Maybe I'm just bitter I don't have the macro myself.  Yeah, that's probably it.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I've also seen someone use it with secura lecta and its astounding how fast he moves across the map.  Maybe I'm just bitter I don't have the macro myself.  Yeah, that's probably it.

Nah you don't need macro. They are for players who likes to show off the speed or their weapon cannot kill enemies in 1 hit.

When you mod your weapon to be able to kill enemies in 1 slide attack, you just need to slide once. 1 slide everything dies.

So when I see players moving fast with slide attacks, I think of the 2 possibilities above n I lol. 

Edited by kyori

On 25/02/2017 at 10:03 PM, CeePee said:

A bad macro: Fully automated Grineer puzzle solving with one macro press

You know there's a 'macro' key built into the game for solving console puzzles right.... press y when you are there and have a cipher equipped (ignoring sorties etc). :)

Don't get me wrong I hate the current trend with telos boltace spammers, ie super high speed, 4/5 per second type things, because you literally can't see anything when they're using the slide attack to move like it was coptering and well it has the same symptom as the spamulors in that we might as well not be there.... 

At the same time you can't just disable all macro's because as DE said somewhere else a disability might require it's use and in that regard I doubt anyone will have an issue.

For me personally I'd be happy with a 'timer' being stuck on the spin, make it a charge attack or something.  Actually thinking about it apart from secura lecta and rakta dark dagger which don't have any sort of aoe and doesn't affect anyone really this is the only syndicate melee that has an aoe 'special' attack that doesn't need charging.  Sancti Magistar's health is a charge attack, synoid heliocor is also a charge attack for it's spectres and vaykor sydon requires you to block (for ages) before it does it's special blinding move. 

In a way the telos boltace has become the simulor of the melee world... DE can't 'fix' the issue without upsetting a large portion of people but at the same time they're upsetting a large portion of players by not doing anything.  At the present minute if I get a telos boltace spammer in a defence game, I normally leave after the 5th round and often as not just quit normal levels because well I like to be able to see where I'm going...

On 2/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, MillbrookWest said:

DE are vague about using Macros, as far as i recall.

But people are pushing their luck, at this rate these people who are clearly abusing their leniency are going to make life miserable for others - Either those who use them for disability purposes, or those who like to use the weapons they abuse (nerf hammer). 

Something is coming, and these people really only have themselves to blame. Though it'll be interesting to see in what why they condemn DE for any changes forthcoming. 

Lols. Telos boltace needed cause this.. I would be sad. But yeah,  the rules are vague. My understanding is that keyboard and mouse macros are OK and can't be detected cause it's just typing a button, just really fast. But scripting is bannable I think. They used to enforce it a lot more,  but using third party scripts to do missions for you or do things for you is seen as pretty bad

On 2/19/2017 at 6:46 PM, -Amaterasu- said:

You can be banned for using any macro at all.

Wrong. Mouse and keyboard macros are actually: first: undetectable,  and second: seen as fine since its just using your inputs that you payed money for, for your own needs. They can't legally ban someone for simply using their computer hardware they rightly paid for

6 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Wrong. Mouse and keyboard macros are actually: first: undetectable,  and second: seen as fine since its just using your inputs that you payed money for, for your own needs. They can't legally ban someone for simply using their computer hardware they rightly paid for

Wrong. DE can ban you for any reason at all, or even no reason.

11.  ACCOUNT TERMINATION

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

(From the Terms of Use.)

3 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

I can do slide attacks just as fast as my macro can, I just prefer my fingers to be not broken

I've been running more syndicate missions (solo) lately and using my Telos Boltace as a box opener to find medallions, it definitely gets painful doing frequent slide attacks, even if it's not 5-10 per second.

23 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Yes, they can, in fact they can ban you because your 1st century ancestor looked and their 1st century ancestor wrong you literally agreed to that when you decided to play this game and pretty much every other online game ever there's nothing illegal about it. They're not at all undetectible so I don't know who told you that it's actually probably reletively easy to look for if they really wanted to crack down on it so unless you're disabled and need them for whatever reason there's a chance you can be banned for them.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

I don't use macro for those slide attack and I've done bunch of solo 1hr and 20min+ high level survival and 40-50 waves of defense mission using slide attack. Basically, if your hands are starting to hurt, time to take a break. 

Edited by Soribada

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Wrong. DE can ban you for any reason at all, or even no reason.

(From the Terms of Use.)

Yeah,  they can ban you for any reason but I'm saying that it's highly unlikely you can get banned for mouse and keyboard macros. Perhaps even illegal cause whilst DE own your account,  you own your computer and hardware and have the legal right to do what you please with it. They can't legally stop you from using your own stuff.  However,  full automation is still heavily frowned upon and can possibly get you banned. But one great thing about mouse and keyboard macros are that they are untraceable to a game because by law,  they can't scan your computers hardware without express permission.  They can scan software for hacks and third party stuff though. IDK, it's all about perspective and certain situations.  I use macros all the time for pressing g 1,2,3 and 4 quickly so it makes playing the game easier, but with recent AFK preventions being built into frames abilities,  I use the macros less and less

Edited by Arniox

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

Yeah,  they can ban you for any reason but I'm saying that it's highly unlikely you can get banned for mouse and keyboard macros. Perhaps even illegal cause whilst DE own your account,  you own your computer and hardware and have the legal right to do what you please with it. They can't legally stop you from using your own stuff.

They can't stop you from using your own stuff, but they can stop you from using it with Warframe. Good luck pressing your slide attack macro key/button when your Warframe account has been terminated. Although I agree that it's highly unlikely a slide attack macro alone will get your account banned.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

But one great thing about mouse and keyboard macros are that they are untraceable to a game because by law,  they can't scan your computers hardware without express permission.  They can scan software for hacks and third party stuff though.

There are many ways to detect macro use that don't involve scanning your computer's hardware. Is there always a delay of precisely 10ms between you crouching and melee attacking? Macro detected.

I haven't heard of that law you mentioned, which law are you referring to, and which countries is it enforceable in?

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

They can't stop you from using your own stuff, but they can stop you from using it with Warframe. Good luck pressing your slide attack macro key/button when your Warframe account has been terminated. Although I agree that it's highly unlikely a slide attack macro alone will get your account banned.

There are many ways to detect macro use that don't involve scanning your computer's hardware. Is there always a delay of precisely 10ms between you crouching and melee attacking? Macro detected.

I haven't heard of that law you mentioned, which law are you referring to, and which countries is it enforceable in?

IDK,  I always thought that. Not really sure if it's a law where you are,  but where I live,  we have some serious privacy laws. Also,  yeah,  I guess that makes sense with that detection method, with that in mind,  simply don't auto game. I simply have macros that push simple buttons like 1,2,3 and 4

17 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Yeah,  they can ban you for any reason but I'm saying that it's highly unlikely you can get banned for mouse and keyboard macros. Perhaps even illegal cause whilst DE own your account,  you own your computer and hardware and have the legal right to do what you please with it. They can't legally stop you from using your own stuff.  However,  full automation is still heavily frowned upon and can possibly get you banned. But one great thing about mouse and keyboard macros are that they are untraceable to a game because by law,  they can't scan your computers hardware without express permission.  They can scan software for hacks and third party stuff though. IDK, it's all about perspective and certain situations.  I use macros all the time for pressing g 1,2,3 and 4 quickly so it makes playing the game easier, but with recent AFK preventions being built into frames abilities,  I use the macros less and less

They have that permission the moment you decide to agree and play Warframe. If your hardware is running software that they find unacceptable with Warframe running, best believe they can act on it. 

EULA

4.    CONSENT TO MONITOR

When running the Software, Digital Extremes may monitor your use and play of the Software and collect data regarding your use and play of the software in accordance with Digital Extreme’s Privacy Policy found at www.warframe.com.  In addition, the software may monitor your computer’s Random Access Memory (RAM) for unauthorized third-party programs running concurrently with the Software. An “Unauthorized Third-Party Program” as used herein shall be defined as any third-party software prohibited by Section 2.  In the event that the Software detects an Unauthorized Third-Party Program, the Software may communicate information back to Digital Extremes, including without limitation, your Account name, details about the Unauthorized Third-Party Program detected and the time and date; and Digital Extremes may exercise any or all of its rights under this agreement, with or without prior notice to you, including without limitation, termination of this agreement and your right to continue use of the Software.

30 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

They have that permission the moment you decide to agree and play Warframe. If your hardware is running software that they find unacceptable with Warframe running, best believe they can act on it. 

EULA

4.    CONSENT TO MONITOR

When running the Software, Digital Extremes may monitor your use and play of the Software and collect data regarding your use and play of the software in accordance with Digital Extreme’s Privacy Policy found at www.warframe.com.  In addition, the software may monitor your computer’s Random Access Memory (RAM) for unauthorized third-party programs running concurrently with the Software. An “Unauthorized Third-Party Program” as used herein shall be defined as any third-party software prohibited by Section 2.  In the event that the Software detects an Unauthorized Third-Party Program, the Software may communicate information back to Digital Extremes, including without limitation, your Account name, details about the Unauthorized Third-Party Program detected and the time and date; and Digital Extremes may exercise any or all of its rights under this agreement, with or without prior notice to you, including without limitation, termination of this agreement and your right to continue use of the Software.

Good to know,  TBH,  I never read eulas, I just accepting it and follow the general rules and general consensus

Y'all are going in circles.  There are many other games out there that are designed in a way so this scenario would not occur... it's called a cool down.  Set a cool down timer on how often a slide attack can be executed makes every problem described here go away.

8 hours ago, kgptzac said:

Y'all are going in circles.  There are many other games out there that are designed in a way so this scenario would not occur... it's called a cool down.  Set a cool down timer on how often a slide attack can be executed makes every problem described here go away.

I still think the dizzy-effect would be a great show stopper:

On 2/26/2017 at 2:33 PM, ComCray said:

Finally, someone with solutions. You, sir, deserve a medal.

As for your proposed solution: brilliant.

There's a stance for the scindo where one of the sets ends up in you spinning the blade multiple times in a row. Do that 4 or 5 times and you stagger like dizzy. Which is, indeed, perfect for the situation. Yes, some people find workarounds, as they always do, but others will be discouraged too.

So, DE has a solution, already has the implementation and neceasary code. Now, how do we get them to implement somesuch?

And then two sliders in video settings:

• particle density: amount of particles, from no particles to full particles, in steps of 10/20 (%)
  • particle opacity: opacity and brightness of particles, from invisible-dark to fullbright, also in steps of 10/20(%)

Affects weapon and frame particle effects. 

Shouldn't only alleviate some peoplea headaches but also help with older system's framerates.

Anyone else with a non-simplistic viable solution?

But you know what is funny in this thread? No one reacts to solutions unless it's "ban them all"... Kindof shows the level of commitment to a solution they have... (hint, it's inversely equal to their need to whine)

17 hours ago, ComCray said:

But you know what is funny in this thread? No one reacts to solutions unless it's "ban them all"... Kindof shows the level of commitment to a solution they have... 

I think it's less to do with a lack of commitment, and more due to a general understanding that the "just BAN them all!" crowd isn't likely to be interested in having a rational discussion.

Edited by SortaRandom

Bumping because as I said before not letting this die until DE actually responds or finally gives a straight answer as to what their stand on slide attack or any marcos in the game really, because if they have nothing against it I plan on using one myself.