Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Riven Mod prices

(XBOX)Striked DE

I just saw someone who want to sell a Atterax riven on the PC trading Forum for 9000!!! platinum. I know that some Players have much more platium but if you think about this insane Price, the Person wants more than 400!!$ for one f*ing mod. I would have to work nearly one week 10hours a day to get so much Money.

Yes, everyone can sale their items for every Price they want but I cant believe that there is any human being on this planet who would pay 400$ for ONE single mod in a Video game.

Sorry for this rage but I still cant believe what i have seen :D

Go on a trip with your girlfriend or your friends with this Money and dont take a credit from your bank for a ingame mod :P

Greets

Edited by (XB1)Striked DE

This is not something you should get angry for. When it comes to Rivens, there is no table with fixed prices, like it might be for all the other items, so naturally everyone is free to ask however much they want for them.

However, that doesn't mean anyone at all would actually buy it. If it doesn't have incredible stats or is not for Tigris and co, then I doubt it's worth 50p+. I have difficulty to sell great maxed Rivens for prices like 80. So yeah, if the mod is worthless then he will get nothing for it in the end.

That being said, Artax (not Atterax) is the only gun that you can't get Rivens for currently, but it dropped for a short while. So the few ppl that got that Riven, do indeed have a rare item that others may want to pay high prices for (although in the end is still a worthless mod).

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

I mean, if you don't like the price, don't pay. There's literally thousands of other Rivens. You might have to search awhile, or buy some crappy ones and roll them yourself. I spent 150 Platinum on three different Rivens for my Tysis, and have now finally rolled one that I'm happy with. It just takes time and a bit of Platinum if necessary.

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

This is not something you should get angry for. When it comes to Rivens, there is no table with fixed prices, like it might be for all the other items, so naturally everyone is free to ask however much they want for them.

However, that doesn't mean anyone at all would actually buy it. If it doesn't have incredible stats or is not for Tigris and co, then I doubt it's worth 50p+. I have difficulty to sell great maxed Rivens for prices like 80. So yeah, if the mod is worthless then he will get nothing for it in the end.

That being said, Artax (not Atterax) is the only gun that you can't get Rivens for currently, but it dropped for a short while. So the few ppl that got that Riven, do indeed have a rare item that others may want to pay high prices for (although in the end is still a worthless mod).

Yes you are right.

What i want to say is that, no matter how rare a mod is,a Price of 400$ is simply to much for one Thing in a Video Game.

Of course everyone can buy and sale everything for the Prices they want but as a father of 2 children i know what 400$ mean and what they are worth.

Just now, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

Yes you are right.

What i want to say is that, no matter how rare a mod is,a Price of 400$ is simply to much for one Thing in a Video Game.

Of course everyone can buy and sale everything for the Prices they want but as a father of 2 children i know what 400$ mean and what they are worth.

Well, I am sure that are ppl that would pay an insane price for the Artax mod just because you can't get it anymore. But 99.99% of the ppl would just deem it weak and worthless and not even gaze at it for such prices. FYI, the are no melee Rivens yet, so you will have to wait a bit more for Atterax mods.

5 minutes ago, Telluric said:

I mean, if you don't like the price, don't pay. There's literally thousands of other Rivens. You might have to search awhile, or buy some crappy ones and roll them yourself. I spent 150 Platinum on three different Rivens for my Tysis, and have now finally rolled one that I'm happy with. It just takes time and a bit of Platinum if necessary.

Dont misunderstand me. You are absolutely right. I only cant believe that someone would pay so much Money :D I Think it would be interesting if someone would pay the 400$ if you couldnt buy riven mods with platium.

Edited by (XB1)Striked DE
Wrong Word

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

Well, I am sure that are ppl that would pay an insane price for the Artax mod just because you can't get it anymore. But 99.99% of the ppl would just deem it weak and worthless and not even gaze at it for such prices. FYI, the are no melee Rivens yet, so you will have to wait a bit more for Atterax mods.

Yeah sorry, i mean Artax but i automatically wrote Atterax.

I only have one Problem with this insane Prices. Therefore i have to make an example. At the 1970th we had a Money Inflation here in Germany. 1million DM were not worth a bread or some potatoes. So what i am afraid of is that maybe some days new Players cant buy anything or only crap with their platium they bought because all the veterans have this insane amount of platium and the Prices standarts for mods or prime parts were so high.

Hope you unterstand what i want to say with that :)

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Its not the riven in that case that counts. its the rarity. Supply is very limited so people become crazy about it.

So what I say. If he gets his 9k then good for him.

Yes i know, i think this is more a General Problem of all humans on the world than only  in this game.

Yes, it is too much for something in a game. But that doesn't mean no one has the right to sell it that much (and that vice-versa for the buyer if they want to buy it).

It's like saying that gold shouldn't be sold at such a high price because most other materials are way cheaper than it.

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

I just saw someone who want to sell a Atterax riven on the PC trading Forum for 9000!!! platinum. I know that some Players have much more platium but if you think about this insane Price, the Person wants more than 400!!$ for one f*ing mod. I would have to work nearly one week 10hours a day to get so much Money.

Yes, everyone can sale their items for every Price they want but I cant believe that there is any human being on this planet who would pay 400$ for ONE single mod in a Video game.

Sorry for this rage but I still cant believe what i have seen :D

Go on a trip with your girlfriend or your friends with this Money and dont take a credit from your bank for a ingame mod :P

Greets

If you mean Artax, those rivens got taken out of the game, thats why some....crazy individual tries to sell them on those prices. I imagine how many do they sell... Nobody realy needs them and if it bothers you .. just don't think about it. No one buys them on those prices...if yes that person is more crazy then the seller.

7 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

If you mean Artax, those rivens got taken out of the game, thats why some....crazy individual tries to sell them on those prices. I imagine how many do they sell... Nobody realy needs them and if it bothers you .. just don't think about it. No one buys them on those prices...if yes that person is more crazy then the seller.

Its better to not think about it, but just at the moment i think that i could buy 6 brand new AAA games for this amount of plat.

This may be a Topic for a endless discussion but i dont want to wast the Time of the Forum Members i just wanted to let my rage out :D

9k is still much cheaper than what Primed Chamber goes for.... but anyway, console won't be getting Artax Rivens, which is still fine by me since I plan on making the Taxon more of a "tanking assistant" than an offensive companion.

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

I only have one Problem with this insane Prices. Therefore i have to make an example. At the 1970th we had a Money Inflation here in Germany. 1million DM were not worth a bread or some potatoes. So what i am afraid of is that maybe some days new Players cant buy anything or only crap with their platium they bought because all the veterans have this insane amount of platium and the Prices standarts for mods or prime parts were so high.

DE themselves would step in before it got to this point. yes, there are things that go for high prices, but they don't threaten the economic balance of the market, if anything were to do that, it could potentially hurt DE's Plat sales, and you can believe they won't EVER let that slide.

I bought a Rogga Riven for 100, and an akbonco riven for 35, tried to sell my Rubicon riven for 20... no takes so it made it to the endo bin.

PPL trying to sell rivens for 1000s of plat is more hilarious than anything, and hay if ppl with 20000p want to waste it on that $#!+ they are more than welcome to.

It's a free market, everyone can ask whatever price they desire, and everyone can pay whatever price they think said item is worth. Riven prices have been high ever since they were release, some people ask ridiculous prices for S#&$ty mods or for weapons that probably less than 100 of people actually use. But that's how it works in a free market, if you don't like the offer, move on to the next. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

Its better to not think about it, but just at the moment i think that i could buy 6 brand new AAA games for this amount of plat.

This may be a Topic for a endless discussion but i dont want to wast the Time of the Forum Members i just wanted to let my rage out :D

Platinum is funny money.  I'm sure there are a few long time players who are diligent with their farming and selling that could afford the 9000p without ever spending a dime of real money.  I had 3500p saved up at one time myself.  I try to keep 1500p to 2000p on hand at all times.  I make over 100p a week just selling off junk i accumulate through normal play without actively grinding.  It's not like I can turn that plat into real money.

You keep talking about "$400", but I've made that much plat through trading without spending a dime. 

And just because someone tries to sell something for a price doesnt mean it gets sold. It's pointless to even make a topic about. I could just as easily offer an ammo drum for 10k plat. There is no rule against that

Edited by Hypernaut1

33 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You keep talking about "$400", but I've made that much plat through trading without spending a dime. 

And just because someone tries to sell something for a price doesnt mean it gets sold. It's pointless to even make a topic about. I could just as easily offer an ammo drum for 10k plat. There is no rule against that

I also made about 10.000 pl in 3 years of playing with only spending arround 20$ at my first few month in WF . That is not the Point. But someone has to buy the plat that you get from trades right? Of course everyone can sell everything for the plat they wont to that is also not the Point i want to discuss in this thread. I just think that the Prices for items ( especially riven mods) are growing rapidly because most Players get very greedy. They want to rip out most possible plat of every trade. And that is also normal because every human always want to make most Profit they can.

I only said that for me the Prices for some items are realy insane and the sellers mostly realy believe that what they sell is realy worth it.

i just want that sellers and buyers think one second about the fact that their plat the spend/want for one in game item is worth more Money than i or everyone else Need to buy Food for a familly for ONE month.

To summarize this Topic : Everyone can sell everything for any Price they want.

Message to all buyers:  Please dont spend so much real Money for one item if you dont get that amount of plat with trades.

Message to all sellers: Please come down to normal Prices like they were before rivens were added to WF.

Enjoy WF and Play it the way you want :)

Greets

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

I also made about 10.000 pl in 3 years of playing with only spending arround 20$ at my first few month in WF . That is not the Point. But someone has to buy the plat that you get from trades right? Of course everyone can sell everything for the plat they wont to that is also not the Point i want to discuss in this thread. I just think that the Prices for items ( especially riven mods) are growing rapidly because most Players get very greedy. They want to rip out most possible plat of every trade. And that is also normal because every human always want to make most Profit they can.

I only said that for me the Prices for some items are realy insane and the sellers mostly realy believe that what they sell is realy worth it.

i just want that sellers and buyers think one second about the fact that their plat the spend/want for one in game item is worth more Money than i or everyone else Need to buy Food for a familly for ONE month.

To summarize this Topic : Everyone can sell everything for any Price they want.

Message to all buyers:  Please dont spend so much real Money for one item if you dont get that amount of plat with trades.

Message to all sellers: Please come down to normal Prices like they were before rivens were added to WF.

Enjoy WF and Play it the way you want :)

Greets

But it's not worth money to everyone. When I buy cosmetics with my plat I don't think twice about the cash value. If I wanted to but a mod for 9k plat, that wouldn't feel like $400 because i would never buy $400 in plat. Plat has no monetary value to me and many other players.

Your messages to all is unnecessary. People will pay or sell for whatever they want and they have that right. That's the free market. It's works to help sellers find buyers and vice versa. If someone values an artax mod enough to spend 9k on it, I think it's fair that they are able to find a seller that will hold onto the mod for them and not throw it away for 10p to a random player that doesn't even care.

The notion that you shouldn't sell an item for a high price because someone could use that "money" for food is ridiculous. Do you think it's right for someone to tell you that you shouldn't spend 100s on a PC because it could feed a family in Africa for a year? The two things are completely unrelated... And again on top of that, plat has no monetary value to many players.

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

But it's not worth money to everyone. When I buy cosmetics with my plat I don't think twice about the cash value. If I wanted to but a mod for 9k plat, that wouldn't feel like $400 because i would never buy $400 in plat. Plat has no monetary value to me and many other players.

Your messages to all is unnecessary. People will pay or sell for whatever they want and they have that right. That's the free market. It's works to help sellers find buyers and vice versa. If someone values an artax mod enough to spend 9k on it, I think it's fair that they are able to find a seller that will hold onto the mod for them and not throw it away for 10p to a random player that doesn't even care.

The notion that you shouldn't sell an item for a high price because someone could use that "money" for food is ridiculous. Do you think it's right for someone to tell you that you shouldn't spend 100s on a PC because it could feed a family in Africa for a year? The two things are completely unrelated... And again on top of that, plat has no monetary value to many players.

You and all the other who answered to this Topic are right. And i totally agree with you that plat has no monetary value to many Players. I also do not care about the 1000 plat i just spend to buy the new Tennogen items i like.

But you have to agree that someone bought the plat you have now. Mostly, this are the new Players and i just want to prevent them to get ripped of their plat from greedy sellers and their insane Prices.

I just wish that Tennos (the new ones) think one second before buying a new item so the sellers have to go down with their Prices.