Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The duck grind.

Smilomaniac

I mean ducats. As fun as this game is, it's becoming more tedious than it should be to grind them.

It's not about not being willing to put the effort into it, it's that first you have to get the relic, buff it if you can, then hope for a mission type that you enjoy the most, then pick up the reactant that doesn't get sucked in and jumps way up in to the air before it lands for you to pick it up and get your usual bronze reward, because the percentages sure as hell aren't what they say they are.
Every void rift mission also has our favourite enemy type, the nullifier. No matter what your stance on this enemy type is, the fact is that people actively avoid playing corpus missions because of them. Maybe forcing them on people isn't the best way to go.

There are two changes that would be real quality of life improvements:

1. Change the damn reactants to be sucked up. I don't know who at DE has a hard on for us playing manual vacuum cleaner, but it's an outdated element of gaming that serves to annoy and nothing else. If I had it my way, I'd get rid of them altogether, or just pick up the one reactant for it to make sense for us to go to these void rifts.
At the very, very least, have them drop normally on to the ground like every other item in the game, there's no need for them to fly ten feet into the air and down again, before we can loot them.

2. Buff the bronze rewards to 25 ducats. I'd ask for more, but that seems like a nice number and while you're at it, put silver at 50. Ease up a bit on the grind and give people a break.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

i dont have energy anymore for  farm barriers in game.. i dont wish to spend half week to get stuff u need  farming 1-2 most effective maps.. and u get burnout...my first 3.000h i was not miss day to play but after that..  from day to day i lose interest in game cz  every next update new grind walls..playing all same over and over

I've got to be honest, I've kind of lost interest in doing relics since I basically got all the available prime items.  Luckily baro isn't bringing much of interest for me at present but even when he does I'm looking at the prices now and thinking... really how much...

I've started getting the opinion that really ducat prices need a review again because they just don't really work with how relics work imo.  Relics were there to 'reduce the grind' on prime items so we end up doing them less (in theory) and as such get less junk stuff from them which in turn means we either need to specifically farm for ducats (not exactly reducing the grind) or hope we get enough junk while hunting that one item you need.  Then you get everything and have no need to run that relic and it's a ducat relic. 

Actually thinking while I wrote that... maybe a tool to convert relics into ducats could be added, higher tier/refinement is worth more ducat value or something....

Edited by LSG501

There will come a time when you won't need ducates. Till then farm away. You have 14 days if you do a 30 min survival or more each day you should be good. But when it comes to relics i don't have a problem. Stocked on them when i was farming for Valkyr prime. So banshee comes soon so you'll have your own stock of them, but if you are still short you could buy the relic packs in syndicates.

11 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i dont have energy anymore for  farm barriers in game.. i dont wish to spend half week to get stuff u need  farming 1-2 most effective maps.. and u get burnout...my first 3.000h i was not miss day to play but after that..  from day to day i lose interest in game cz  every next update new grind walls..playing all same over and over

Did you seriously only realise that after 3000 hours lol this game has repetitive grind written all over it XD

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Did you seriously only realise that after 3000 hours lol this game has repetitive grind written all over it XD

i was try to find fun in game doing voids...odd.. but now  its all about pure grind...i played many games like diablo 2 where u need to grind but wen  u get stuff u feel rewarding.....i have now 4660h in warframe.. i just log in and play 1-2 game in   week....game need really good content injection.. to bring back  old good times we had in warframe..

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

i was try to find fun in game doing voids...odd.. but now  its all about pure grind...i played many games like diablo 2 where u need to grind but wen  u get stuff u feel rewarding.....i have now 4660h in warframe.. i just log in and play 1-2 game in   week....game need really good content injection.. to bring back  old good times we had in warframe..

4660 hours :D

Well what can I say. You're a big fan!

I would say that while it isn't perfect, it's better than it used to be. at least with the fissure system you don't have to stare at the same damn White and gold walls all the time until you bleach your retinas because only the Void gave prime parts, there's more diversity in the Tilesets, enemies and game modes, and Traces at least give us better chances at specific items. there are plenty ways to make things more interesting. try doing fissures with random loadouts, or Melee only, just get out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself a little. you can still have fun AND get Ducats at the same time!

I do think Vacuum effects on Reactant would be nice though, as we can get runs done much quicker, and ultimately speed up the grind process.

If you're the kind of person to put four and a half thousand hours into a game, then I'd bet new content would last you a day or two max, unless it is just more grind  

I put 2,000 or so hours into Destiny and hit the point where I'd basically extracted all the fun it had to offer. New content couldn't stand up to me being accustomed to relentless grinding.