Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

orokin cells drop chance

AntoninDvorak

So, i've noticed that orokin cells don't drop so often now. I remember getting them frequently whenever i played in ceres or saturn, but now, at least for me, they are hard as hell to farm. The drop chances seem to be lower than before. In the various missions i've done on ceres and saturn, i haven't seen cell arrays. I spent 30 minutes on titan (survival) and only got 2 of them.  I mean, even argon crystals have better drop chance . Whenever i do casual alerts or fissures in the void i at least get one, without having to look for them. 

Can anybody confirm if it's true that the drop chances are lower now?  or,am i  doing something wrong? I sure could use an advice on how to farm these. 

Edited by AntoninDvorak

Just now, (PS4)cdnmouse82 said:

I farm  defence on Ceres for them usually, and after 20 rounds have between 10 and 20 cells. That us with Nekros though. 

I have not noticed a change in drop rate. 

i've farmed defense on ceres too, but i haven't had any luck. 5 cells, hell, even 2 cells would be nice. Maybe it's something only on pc platform? 

I have to say I do kind of agree with the OP, I've noticed a general reduction of orokin cells in general gameplay, I never used to struggle to find a few whenever I needed them (used my stockpile on the imo excessive 10-15 cells needed on prime weapons etc and forma...). 

Supposedly Derelict Defence is pretty good for dropping cells though, although ideally you want a meta team for farming...

Edited by LSG501

Get a Smeeta.  You will never want for Orokin cells again.  I remember in pre Smeeta days when I'd drop everything I was doing for a single Orokin Cell alert.  Now I have over 300.

Don't buy the Orokin cell blueprint.  It's a huge waste of plat that will likely deplete your other resources in less than 8 cells.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

38 minutes ago, Bladereap3r said:
Ceres  Gabii  Survival  (Dark Sector) always gives orokin  cells, do a 20 to 30min...eazy pezy. If you have a Nekros even better..

27 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Rare resources stopped being rare quite a while ago. That said if you need a certain amount of X resource you defo want to take farm frame, or even better a farm squad.

In my experience they drop so much people don't bother picking them up when I mark them.

srsly? well, then i guess i am cursed!!!!

i did ceres gabii. Killed 1067 infested and other gguy killed 547... you know how many cells dropped? ... 1 ... just 1 f**ing cell 

go to the derelict it always rains Orokin Cells there... oh wait, that's Mutagen Samples, my bad!

it does seem to rain them for me on either Saturn or Ceres. though I'm comfortably on over 400 cells and counting. I'd say try the classic method of Dark sector runs with a Desecrate Nekros or Pilfering Swarm Hydroid, you should hopefully get the cells in no time.

I remember when rare resources were rare.

Were we had to do 5+ runs on the same boss for a very small chance for Cells/Gallium/Morphics....

Micromanaging what we had because we were always at risk of running out...

You dont know how lucky you are...

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I remember when rare resources were rare.

Were we had to do 5+ runs on the same boss for a very small chance for Cells/Gallium/Morphics....

Micromanaging what we had because we were always at risk of running out...

You dont know how lucky you are...

and what else granny? tell me more stories about how you and your family struggled to find food in the late 40's,.. big LOL. This game isn't even that old.
and well, certainly i'm not lucky right now.
I know they were dropping quite often, i don't know if you carefully read my post. I SAID I was getting them frequently. i even used to find cell arrays very often too. but, AS I SAID, i haven't find any cell arrays these days, and i'm serious about it,  the drop chances seem to have  been lowered even for cell arrays. I've been doing all sorts of mission types in ceres, saturn, and derelict. , without any of your so called luck i have.

As for the other respones... i wil get nekros and see if that's better