Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with "bulids"

(XBOX)lm Cha0s

Question

Look everyone i know this is a noob thing to ask but what exactly are builds and how do I get the mods for them. Yes I know that's really noobie to ask and if I get hate I understand but please if someone could help please help. Also does anyone know good builds for soma prime and akstetlito prime.

Edited by (XB1)Clutch1Chesse23

11 answers to this question

I usually check out videos from Warframe partners to get some initial ideas for builds, both Brozime and H3dsh0t give good commentary so you can understand why they chose the mods in their builds.

Soma Prime...

Spoiler

Akstiletto Prime...

Spoiler

You can find where to get the mods on the Wikia...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0

...or as you scan enemies your codex will also show the locations.

I doubt you'll get any hate for asking for help. If anything you'll get bombarded with the replies of eager players.

A build is an arrangement of mods for a specific frame / weapon to be most efficient in a purpose. Either group roles, Fighting certain factions and level ranges.

You get mods from enemies and certain missions. There's a very large pool of mods so for the most part it's easier to decide what you want and look up where it drops. There are some staple mods which tend to get used more than others. Serration, Hornet Strike, Split Chamber and Barrel Diffusion are always used for every gun as example.

A good starter Soma build would be Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense and two 90% elemental mods. The last mod slot can vary depending on your taste. Bane, Bladed Rounds, Heavy Caliber or another 90% elemental.

A good starter Akstiletto build would be Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit and two 90% elementals.

Modding gets a little more complex when you want to fine tune the weapons against certain things but those are fairly easy to start with. There's also the addition of Primed versions for some of these mods to improve your damage output significantly but they're a bit of an investment to get.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

Look everyone i know this is a noob thing to ask but what exactly are builds and how do I get the mods for them. Yes I know that's really noobie to ask and if I get hate I understand but please if someone could help please help. Also does anyone know good builds for soma prime and akstetlito prime.

Why is that a noobie thing to ask? I still ask for advise on my builds, and i have a whole lotta time put into warframe.  People generally like sharing their builds here, and it is nice to see people twists on certain weapon loadouts :)

Never be afraid to ask for something, peoples builds aren't some sacred shrine that they hide from prying eyes.

With that being said, Soma generally gets built for Crit.

Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, and Split chamber tend to be the mods everyone runs. After that, it is a matter of preference. I go with shred, others like to push up their status. So insert your playstyle here.

Note: Level up your Serration as you play. It is a pain, and requires some investment, but it'll provide a great platform for your otehr mods.

The base Akstiletto variant is pretty poo, the Prime however is good for Status.

I generally dislike high fire rate secondaries. I find they burn ammo faster than they are useful, but same rules for Soma apply i guess

Hornet strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent. At this point you'd need to decide if you wanted to go Crit, or Status, and use the mods relevant for those builds. 

Note: I don't know if you can on console (you should), you can search for mods by typing in their 'effect'. When you are in the relevant arsenal screen, if you want to pull up all your Crit mods, just type in "Crit", same goes for status. This will help you find things to mix and match with as you build up your mod pile. 

EDIT:

As an example of your playstyle choice; I posted above that some people like to go status. Sometimes, even on lower tiered weapons, or weapons that clearly favour Status, i still go for crit. I run a banshee, and having her crit multiplier stack with the weapons crit multiplier makes the weapon do damage far above its class ;)

Edited by MillbrookWest

Thanks everyone this will really help in the long run. Another I want to say is how great and amazing this community I  mean I have played hundreds of other games and I honestly haven't come across a community quite like this and a game that is like this I really appreciate how nice everyone is, I really thought I was going to get a ton hate for asking this but I didn't so thank you.

Builds are based around a certain aspect of a Warframe, Companion, Weapon, etc. Anything you can mod you can build for.

Now, a build is to take a stat, for Warframes, say.... Loki, many people make an invisibility build for him. That means to take mods based on Duration and Efficiency to make the Invisibility last longer and more available for use. They would also put energy boosting mods, such as Flow or Prime Flow and/or Endurance Drift on to give him a larger pool, with increased Efficiency, to make him go invisible longer, more often, and quicker without having to scavenge for energy. But that is a "Pure Build" style with little to no room for his other abilities to be used well. A more balanced invisibility build would be Duration/Range/Efficiency since power does not affect Loki all too much, unlike other frames, and would allow his other abilities to be viable to use.

With Weapons, it's more of: If the Status is above 15% and the Critical Chance is lower, build for elemental damage and chance, same for Critical Chance and Damage. If both have low chances for critical and status, that's a "Raw" weapon, and should be focused on making it hit as hard as possible by focusing on the Pure Types of Slash, Impact, and Puncture. There's exceptions everywhere, but that's the general gist of it.

I'd go more into depth, but I do not have the time currently, I hope that helped a little though. Never be afraid to ask how people build their weapons, you may find something you like, or a jump-off point for how to make a build that suit you, but it will point you in the right direction.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

On 28.2.2017 at 1:24 PM, (Xbox One)Clutch1Chesse23 said:

As everyone else mentioned.

Your choice of frame, later on focus tree and weapon corresponding also matters.

I'm for example playing Nidus imo using:

Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Primed Continiuty, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting expertise, Natural Talent and Cunning drift.

Paired with a lacera using Elemental and status mods for 100% gas/electro status chance, range, Maiming strike and Condition Overload, paired with Naramon.

Offhand, keeping a synoid gammacor equipped for energy proccs.

Nidus is built fully offensive and efficient this way, with adequate range what's rather important for him as he is pretty strong on his own allready. The lacera is built on making status proccs and to trigger naramon, what's pretty strong on nidus as he is able to effectively pull enemys together with his second ability, larva, what is a blessing for short ranged status like gas or electricity. Naramon with its corresponding passive "shadow step" adds invisbility, what not only is awesome protection but also boosts gas proccs, which profit double from multipliers. The synoid proccs guarantee a filled power pool.

Excal, wukong and valkyr also rely on specific melee and mesa on specific secondary weapon builds.

Try to boost a frames strength and to substitute its weakness. That's your goal while building.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I'm for example playing Nidus imo using:

Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Primed Continiuty, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting expertise, Natural Talent and Cunning drift.

<snip>

Offhand, keeping a synoid gammacor equipped for energy proccs.

I build my Nidus with Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Primed Continuity, Stretch, Streamline and Cunning Drift as well; but instead of Fleeting Expertise and Natural Talent I use Rage and Power Drift.

Rage gives me plenty of energy so I don't need to rely on a syndicate proc.

That's the beauty of Warframe, outside of a few basics there is a lot of flexibility to experiment with builds and find one that works well for your playstyle.