Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

I decided to go for a Corpus "jitte" and tuning fork hybrid weapon with the intended usage/functionality being an initially low damage puncture weapon that can disarm opponents as a type of "defence". Basically in normal usage it would have lower than average damage but convey a disarm chance when hitting armed enemies (similar to Loki's ability but on hit rather than in a radius. When an attack is charged a ground attack is made, the weapon vibrates dealing non elemental aoe damage and possibly gaining extra slash damage. Basic dagger grip

d57e45316a5b979d566f026c8cf465d7.png

Name: ____ (Undecided as I am not very good with names, take a look at my username)

Faction: Grineer

Description: Like the dark split-sword this weapon can change form depending on the stance mod equipped. The gear will rotate to take the form of a heavy blade/ axe or a scythe.

kO4hXiK.png

Edited by SofaKingMLG

V4vcqFE.jpg 

Name : Revenant

Faction: Sentient

Grip: Heavy Blade / Scythe

Description:   Once an emblem of Orokin pride and mastery, this mighty blade now harbors little of its former glory save its ostentation. Fallen prey to Sentient tampering, this corrupted triumph of technology and barely tethered rage from Infestation mutates from its gilded glory as a blade to the stygian nightmare of its scythe counterpart. The antithesis of its former masters and mercifully forgotten to the Origin System, the Revenant hails to an era it brought to its knees. Its bizarre nature also grants its user strange gifts.

Forms:

• Sword:
    • Slash 80/ Impact 20/ Magnetic 25
    • Attack Speed .9, Critical 10%, Critical Damage 2.0x, Status 25%
    • Channeling Rate 5, Channeling Damage 1.5x
    • Special: Absorb .5% of damage dealt as Health while channeling
  • Scythe:
    • Puncture 60/ Slash 15/ Viral 25
    • Attack Speed 1.1, Critical 25 %, Critical Damage 2.5x, Status 10%
    • Channeling Rate 5, Channeling Damage 1.5x
    • Special: Absorb .5% of damage deflected/defended as Energy while channeling

Possibility with the Scythe: have each blade carry its own damage, crit rate, crit damage, and status ranges.

• Large Blade: Puncture 45/ Slash 10/ Viral 25, Critical 15%, Critical Damage 1.5x, Status 10%
  • Medium Blade: Puncture 25/ Slash 5, Critical Chance 30%, Critical Damage 2.0x, Status 5%
  • Small Blade: Puncture 10/ Slash 2.5, Critical Chance 35%, Critical Damage 2.5x, Status 2.5%
  • Attack Speed reduced to match the sword form at .9

Mutation: For simplicity's sake, this can be done through stance mods with the equipped stance determining the weapons form. An alternate to this is allowing the alternate fire perform this function thus allowing both sword and scythe to 'potentially' utilize both stance sets.

Specials: The Health and Energy absorption increase by .5% for every rank, thereby acting as a Rank 2 Life Strike at max rank. Health is gained by dealing damage and Energy is restored by essentially taking or blocking damage while channeling.

Edited by Visonix13
The big reveal - Revenant

Faction: Orokin (Teshin Era [pre Orokin cryosleep])

Brief Description: This Weapon uses dual sword stances [Like the Nami Skyla]. The background of the blades involves both the dagger and sword coming from the same shard of material to symbolise the balance and connection of the Old Tenno.

Idea for a mechanic (though this might require a separate new stance mod [not style though]) is what the primary swords attacks cause all damage of the weapon to be converted to slash, while the daggers attacks cause pure puncture damage (though this can be overlooked if it is too impractical or imbalanced to place into the game)

Potential name, Harmonic Twinblades

liam-watts-harmonic-twinblades-grey.jpg?

(P.S. if you guys want to ill try to find the time to develop this further and maybe even get a fully shaded version if wanted by the contest moderators or creator [this better not add to word count XD])

On 3/26/2017 at 2:27 AM, (PS4)roly-02 said:

I dont have the time to make something but a double sided sword eg dark split sword but both blades be equal in length would be cool. The blades would be single edged and straight with them facing the opposite directions.They would join at a small guard that barely sticks out and has a two handed grip between them. This would be held and used similarly to the orthos but if possible split into two separate blades, either mid mission or by changing the stance mod, that would if possible be held and used backwards. NAME: Windshear as with each swing the very air is cut. STANCE/WEAPON TYPE: Polearms znd if possible dual swords. FACTION: Tenno.Colours: silver blades with black and blue finishes on the back of blades and guards, black leather grip with dark gray or silver spiral going around it. Also a better name would be appreciated, shame dont have time to make it.

wow Sounds good :) Like every hit blocked to multiply the dmg of the attack unleashed but also multiply the life you lose...  So lets say it would multiply attack up to like 10-20 times and you would lose something like 70 % of your life.

Weapon: Yukitachi

Faction: Tenno

Weapon Type/Grip: Nikana

Brief Description: The Yukitachi is an icy variation of the Nikana wielded mostly by elite, cold-blooded warriors of the Old War. It discharges unforgiving winds of intense cold when an enemy is unfortunate enough to be struck by a critical hit, inflicting guaranteed cold procs to nearby enemies within a 4 meter radius.

I wanted there to be a different weapon in the Nikana class, and since there aren't many ice weapons, I think an Ice Nikana would be pretty neat!

(that was under 100 words :D)

Possible Stats?: 

Cold Damage: 83

Attack Speed: 1.00

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Damage: 2.0x

Status Chance: 5%yukitachi__tenno_ice_nikana_concept__by_

Edited by Scarachus
Shortened description :P

Dual Moon, The Tenno Scythes.

Looking back on my last submission I still loved the idea of having dual scythes but this time I went for more interaction, raising the skill cap of melee weapons and opening a way for more tactics.

When wielding the scythes they can be used individually with a stronger, but slower scythe (default melee button) and a faster, weaker (middle mouse button for example) scythe.
The default scythe only travels in a straight line and goes up to xx meters. It can be called back before reaching the end by pressing the melee button again.
The weaker scythe can be controlled by aiming and clicking the (mmb?) again to change its path in mid air up to 2-3? times.
Enemies walking through the rings also take a bit of damage.
The weaker scythe can knock into walls and automatically redirect such as the Glaives.

q0Py24d.png

AkY5JOC.png

Revengeful Fists
Faction: Steel Meridian

Brief Description: Beat the enemy with your enemy! quite like the provvok armor piece, Its made of grinner parts.
it has an grinner bombard head on the left and a manic on the right. Lets be brutal!

aEY6dEe_700b.jpg

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description:
Provisional name: Kudr (Pronounced like Cutter, but D instead of T)
Grip Style: Gunblade

A Gunblade consisting of a curved doubled-edge blade and a 'pocket shotgun' attached together. 
Made keeping in mind the Redeemer's way of attacking and aiming.
The shotgun is roughly the size of a Lato pistol and fires mainly slash-damage pellets, for the 'cutter' design. (It would technically be a single bullet muzzleloader shotgun, IF gunblades required reloading in-game)

wnIr1Dl.png

Infested scythe concept

http://imgur.com/he61kRt

Bit of a late submission. It's a concept Ive had in mind for a while now. The mechanic being that the weapons range increases along with Combo/status proc/critical hit similar to Lesions frenzy. The range "growth" is physically seen as the shaft and blade lengthens.

Good luck to all contestants :D

3 hours ago, HeeroYuy997 said:

wow Sounds good :) Like every hit blocked to multiply the dmg of the attack unleashed but also multiply the life you lose...  So lets say it would multiply attack up to like 10-20 times and you would lose something like 70 % of your life.

Glad some likes the idea and also your idea for an ability sounds cool aswell. I was thinking that a charged attack or a combo would send out a arc of energy similiar to excaliburs ability but nowhere near as good.

Ferio & Manus

Faction: Infested
Brief Description: Sword & Shield grip. Ferio and Manus are named after their Latin definitions.

Manus is a shield meant to resemble a living, docile, infested organism while dormant. When in use, it becomes an over-sized, clawed forearm that looks as if it has engulfed the Warframe's forearm and not simply mounted on top of it.

Abilities:

While blocking, the “Hive” portion could spawn localized environmental hazard bubbles on attackers similar to Hive Sabotage.

Or,

If not a miniature hive, charge attacks could send out tendrils in a wide cone that pull in nearby enemies just as the weapon swings.

WPbRa6m.jpg

WhKUKmP.jpg
Edited by Thanax
Image Formatting

Just now, Thanax said:

Ferio & Manus

Faction: Infested
Brief Description: Sword & Shield grip. Ferio and Manus are named after their Latin definitions.

Manus is a shield meant to resemble a living, docile, infested organism while dormant. When in use, it becomes an over-sized, clawed forearm that looks as if it has engulfed the Warframe's forearm and not simply mounted on top of it.

Abilities:

While blocking, the “Hive” portion could spawn localized environmental hazard bubbles on attackers similar to Hive Sabotage.

Or,

If not a miniature hive, charge attacks could send out tendrils in a wide cone that pull in nearby enemies just as the weapon swings.

id use it 

df2fc7b66d9333a1d51e3d61f754b32e-db3qxf4

75d592ed867b817dd818626350299564-db3qz3l

Name - Prototype : Combo Breaker

Faction - Tenno

Grip Type - Two Modes

Normal mode: Tonfa

Channel Mode: Whip

Description - Tonfa  mainly focuses on slash and critical build, while channeling focuses on element, slash, and channeling. The blades can move apart from each other due to magnetic element surrounding it. To switch between the two you have to left click (channel) to switch from tonfa to whip. Once energy is depleted or the Tenno misses close and personal slicing, they may revert back.

For the melee enthusiast of Tennos this would give them a nice chance to try different combos and techniques. However, you can only chose one type of stance (tonfa or whip) as your combos.

Name: Ketsueki Kama (a.k.a. the "Blood Scythe")

Faction: I imagine this as an Acolyte's weapon

Brief Description: The grip type would have two variants (a la Dual Split Sword) being either the scythe or whip. I imagine this as an ancient weapon in the vein of say the War & broken War Orokin/Sentient in origins like the Stalker uses hence the coloring and style ques. The red orbs would glow and the grips, pole arm, chains and blades would be very ornate and detailed. (sorry my limited art can't express these details but your imagination is probably better than mine anyway xD)  I'm imaging 2 story lines which would give us the 2 versions - one where the weapon doesn't break giving us the scythe and the other where we break it and use the pieces to reforge the chain scythe version.
Thanks for checking this out and giving it your consideration!  -AZ- (aka. DarkRiskMoon)

Edited by DarkRiskMoon
pic not shown

Name || Letrebo
Faction|| Tenno

Brief Description || A Nikana type weapon inspired by the Warframe Octavia, the weapon deals high SLASH damage.
The shape of the sheathe is based on the 'Treble Clef' while the actual sword is based on a violins bow, a single razor string replaces the cutting edge, though is just as effective. 
OPTIONAL- 

- Instead deals high IMPACT as the razor wire hits an enemy, releasing compact sound vibrations.
- Slamming the sword into the ground causes sound vibrations that stun nearby enemies.
- When hitting enemies it emits a musical note

warframe_melee_weapon_concept__by_mr_woo
warframe_melee_weapon_concept_2__by_mr_w

TgpN7Jq.jpg Name        ||  Adurolamina 

Faction      ||  Tenno

Grip type   ||  Rapier

This single edges rapier has high slash and mediam puncture damage. With a 10% critical chance, but with a whopping critical multiplyer of 10 it deals much more damage.

Also whenever a critical is activated it performs a special technique, whether thats a radial blind or increase its range and targets with a light blade (doubling) its range.

Edited by MattParadox
Decided to give it a better description

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)AmbiguousBrute0 said:

Name || Letrebo
Faction|| Tenno

Brief Description || A Nikana type weapon inspired by the Warframe Octavia, the weapon deals high SLASH damage.
The shape of the sheathe is based on the 'Treble Clef' while the actual sword is based on a violins bow, a single razor string replaces the cutting edge, though is just as effective. 
OPTIONAL- 

- Instead deals high IMPACT as the razor wire hits an enemy, releasing compact sound vibrations.
- Slamming the sword into the ground causes sound vibrations that stun nearby enemies.
- When hitting enemies it emits a musical note

warframe_melee_weapon_concept__by_mr_woo
warframe_melee_weapon_concept_2__by_mr_w

now you can conduct and hack enemies to bits at the same time, also ironically play them like a fiddle while eviscerating them 

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Greatsword

Description: A massive gnarly Grineer-made greatsword, the Ammut is aptly named for the Eater of the Dead. Adapted from construction equipment, the blade boasts 9 spinning saws which are perfect for delivering vicious slash damage and turning enemies into chunks.

ammut_copy_by_dranoo-db3r6se.png

Ooph just made it intime,

04ssYX7.jpg

Sorry If I went a bit overboard with the presentation wanted to try this kind of thing for a while :)

No Presentation version:

DUbopUQ.jpg

This is Saxas a family member to the claw weapon family.

To check out the full details of Saxas use this link: (Mobile users warned) http://extrazoom.com/image-82648.html?s=huln50x50 

I decided to make 2 special mechanics to spice it up a bit but if these seem too far from the default grip type then It can just be a normal Claw weapon, as for the folded version of this weapon when not equipped: Both ripkas venka (and prime) seem to have a magical void masking trick that hides the blades so lets just keep with the theme.

Also a huge thanks to my girlfriend for making the silhouttes for the special mechanics go check her out on DA: http://reviwolfe.deviantart.com/

Seen alot of amazing and great ideas so far keep it up all.

(in the spoiler is some more personal stuff I wanted to post, it doesnt directly relate to the concept so skip if you want)

About 3 years (when the first melee contest ended) I joined the warframe community and was inspired by looking back at all these amazing ideas people posted, and I told myself that I wanted to reach that kind of awesomness, now a few years later the same opportunity knocks on my door and being able to join in what got me started in digital drawing and design beside all these awesome other players and Devs is something you dont see very often so a very big thank you to all.

Edited by Scharkie1333

On 3/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, Shufly said:

The weapon: Spahd (Spade)

Stance/Weapon-style: Heavy Blade

Faction: Grineer

Background: Created to honor Grineer of high standing. This shovel (or spade) has been reproduced in remembrance that even the lowliest of Grineer are capable of incredible feats and to commemorate the first known victory over the Sentients by Grineer "forces". This enhanced workers tool comes with Plasma blade tips that cut through ore and rock just as well as it does the wielders foes.

Edit=(I'll be posting some more refined stuff once I can find a scanner. Sorry but the S#&$ drawings will have to do for now till I can get my tablet going). Gotta use that two picture limit!
Edit 2: here's something more fancy... I'll probably edit one more time after this to show a complete concept (after I erase one of the two pics)

I very much want this. DE. Please. Make it so.