Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit Feedback

Cattlefish

With the latest patch, we have recieved a new quest and a "new" mission type. Here are my thoughts on both :

Glast Gambit :

I enjoyed this quest. I see alot of tenno criticizing it for its repetitiveness but they are just neutron stars, extremely dense and spouting out harsh rays of criticism.

Sure it was repetitive with the many Index missions, but those missions were varied by different restraints. The fact that once you go against Anyo the pope of greed you have to win but not by much wasn't a challenge but did spice it up a bit and the fact that he cheated in the next game by killing anyone trying to score against him was a pleasant unpleasant suprise.

Many (if not all) Tenno also overlooked the greatest thing about the quest. IT WAS FLESHED OUT! The first mission was fantastic since you found colonists (who have been known of but never seen) and the fact that you helped them in a mission was great. I would love to see more of this in warframe and perhaps change some mission nodes where you'll have to go see some colonists to knwo the problem and then deal with it and not just go on a genoside just for funsies.

This quest was great and it is being unfarely bashed.

Infested Salvage :

Even though it was already in the game for teh Jordas raid it is great that it is on an actual node. I've never played that raid but I do ejoy it and it feels refreshing.

However, it needs alot of fixes. One of the maps is broken, you know which one I'm talking about. It is impossible to complete efficiently with 2 of the terminal been too easily destroyed.

Also, the nidus parts are a huge pain to farm. I remember the devs saying that they are wanting to make the game less grindy and this seems to be a step in the other direction. You don't need to give it strait to players after the quest but the mission should either be faster to accomplish or that rotation C should have a 1/3 chance of dropping a specific part in order to have a 100% chance of getting a Nidus part like the majority of frames.

All in all this update is good and is getting a bit too many harsh critiques. It only needs a few fixes.

57 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

Glast Gambit :

I enjoyed this quest. I see alot of tenno criticizing it for its repetitiveness but they are just neutron stars, extremely dense and spouting out harsh rays of criticism.

I choose to hear that you said I was a star. :D

57 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

Many (if not all) Tenno also overlooked the greatest thing about the quest. IT WAS FLESHED OUT!

You're right, you're probably the only player on the planet who thought that. The first mission of the quest started off well (although the fact that we got just a still image rather than scripted scenes already showed it was going to be low budget) but then it just fell flat on its face with recycled content. Literally every other quest in the game is more fleshed out than that one. 

On the other hand, I don't mind the RNG on the parts farm at all, RNG used to be much worse years ago and I thought it was rather painless in comparison. I don't think people would have complained as much if the spawn rates and antiserum drop rates weren't as broken as they are (they drop plenty if you solo, you might get nothing if you're in a full group).

Edited by Snib

I know, I know, there's a megathread and I already posted there. I just want to make a thread because of how much I loved the quest.

This quest shows how DE can make an amazing story without spending months on ton of new assets and needless hype (looking at you TWW). I don't know what it was, maybe the colonists wandering around in Myconia, or the mixture of missions, or the fact that I enjoy the Index very much, but for me it felt just right. I know most won't agree with this but I liked this one more than The War within. And no, I'm not a white knight, I can see this quest was/is bugged as hell, and I honestly wonder why is that so, considering Titania's quest was flawless. I got a non-progression bug that solved itself for some reason, but I know a lot of people had a lot of problems that will take away from their enjoyment of the quest.

Now from what I read I have to face an unholy amount of grind to get the parts for Nidus, which I don't look forward too, I still have the scars from Limbo's grind...

But I digress, I just wanted to say good work DE I had a lot of fun these past couple of hours.

I absolutely loved the Colonist mission, though I'm kinda disappointed they never did more than the one mission.

While I liked all the dialogue, I wouldn't really call one unique mission, one spy, and like, 5 Index runs a "mixture of missions". The only bug I really encountered was the lip syncing missing half the time.

I got off easy on the Nidus grind, Salvage isn't a particularly hard mode, at least in solo, but it's one that requires you to be quite active the whole time! So it can kinda take a lot out of someone doing it multiple times. And getting 80 Endo for 4 rounds isn't exactly a pleasant consolation XD

I absolutely loved this quest!  There was so much juicy lore information, not just about the main actors in the war but we get to finally see more of the regular people in the system.  We also got some insight into the Corpus and their relation to the Perrin Sequence.  Also the dialogue between Glast and Nef was fantastic and such a joy to listen to throughout.  And we got more use of the moral choice system which I'm super hopeful DE keeps doing in these quests.  And free decorations are never a bad thing either.

Just wanted to say how much I loved this quest and how great I felt the world building we got in it was!

First mission good

8 index missions - boring and repataive

Nidus not being in the quest? Nidus lore not being in the quest (zero nidus lore, just this clan of people who have this relic... how do they tie to nidus? who knows)

New mission to farm nidus not being in the quest? Unforgivable. Lose the extra index missions and make us farm the bp for nidus in the new mission to introduce it. How hard is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Quest is interesting at first with the colony but then ruined with index mission spam. I Liked the banter between Glast and Nef Anyo (when we getting the jukebox as a boss btw?) 

Farming Nidus was very boring, the new mission type is dull and too rng heavy with getting Nidus parts (kept getting vital sense as rot c reward again and again)

Haven't tried out the Hema or Hiroudo but they look cool and function interestingly I guess.

overall: Quest sucks but lore and dialogue was alright, farming Nidus sucks and the two weapons he came with look interesting 5/10. Put more effort into making quests interesting and meaningful experiences like the second dream or war within to a lesser extent seeing as how we currently don't have the means to replay them. The quests exactly don't have to be as sofisticated and created like the two mentioned, just have more effort put into the quest not and be reduced to "hey play this mission type 5 times with each time having 3 rounds!"

Edited by (PS4)ArgusTheMan

well,i sadly cant finish the quest.

index itself is easy, but the problem for me is the 10 point difference part where you always los Cr, even if you win by accident.

solo, i cant do it bevause the ki tends to pick up a lot of points and dies easyly.

pub, somehow same as with ki.

premade group.... well, lets just say if one dies by accident while trying to avoid killing enemies as much as posdible... sometimes one still dies and the mission is over.

also, the story was okay, but the index feels to much forced and off compared to with what you start.

dont know how it ends though..

I have to agree the first part of this quest had me hype. NPCs walking around and talking, but then after around 2 mins you realize they have only 3 lines. It was an awesome introduction to the colonists and it was a very good intro to the mission, but then they kinda....no they did over do it with the index spam. If the quest was offering the pieces of Nidus then it would be justified but since that was not the case it was too much for absolutely no reward.

As for farming Nidus, I'd like to thank the PRO- Void xoalition for reminding me why I prefer the relic system. Rotation C contains only 3 parts you want and the rest of it is crap. Geez I'm gonna dind rngezus and kick him in the nads.

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

index itself is easy, but the problem for me is the 10 point difference part where you always los Cr, even if you win by accident.

solo, i cant do it bevause the ki tends to pick up a lot of points and dies easyly.

premade group.... well, lets just say if one dies by accident while trying to avoid killing enemies as much as posdible... sometimes one still dies and the mission is over.

also, the story was okay, but the index feels to much forced and off compared to with what you start.

Oh the banter in between ties the index in nicely. Its just way tooo much index. Lemme get back to run number 8 before I collapse of exhaustion.

I have to somewhat agree. I really liked the first Mission, and even though i enjoyed the Index it was still too repetitive and weird. Coming from a Story-Driven Mission straight into Index was kind of a buzzkill, but oh well. Nidus seems to be uber good but havent farmed it yet, same with the new Weapons.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Oh the banter in between ties the index in nicely. Its just way tooo much index. Lemme get back to run number 8 before I collapse of exhaustion.

yeah, the start felt okay, but after playing it multiple times.... its just straight anoying. it IS easy, but the 10 point difference modificator is just stupid in my eyes...

12 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

yeah, the start felt okay, but after playing it multiple times.... its just straight anoying. it IS easy, but the 10 point difference modificator is just stupid in my eyes...

Considering you are trying to downplay your ability to win to make a gambler feel like betting everything. It made perfect sense to me. I mean why would I bet on myself when some new team just went 40-0 on their entrance game 3 times?

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

19 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

The way I managed to finish it solo is to get 8-10 points, then camp the enemy's goal to keep killing them and prevent them from scoring

5 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Considering you are trying to downplay your ability to win to make a gambler feel like betting everything. It made perfect sense to me. I mean why would I bet on myself when some new team just went 40-0 on their entrance game 3 times?

sure, but i mean the part with the Credits. it makes no sense to waste everytime the 100k cr and not get a return, even when you win by accident (after spending nearly 4 mill on it i decided to stop trying).

5 hours ago, Blitz702 said:

The way I managed to finish it solo is to get 8-10 points, then camp the enemy's goal to keep killing them and prevent them from scoring

that only worked partly for me every time i tried. you afterall get a health reduction and other stuff for each point you pick up.

the enemies who have point also tend to ignore you and try to dash to the goal . and the teammates ki is ... not produktiv in helping me in that case (they always pick up points lying around.)

but , as always... might just be my own personal problems.

• 1 month later...

I am really starting to get annoyed by the second part of the mission in the index. The part that is really grinding my gears is having to "hustle" Anyo, I feel like the fact that I need to stay within a certain point range is mindless. I also feel like the amount of credits that need to be invested is way too high for the amount of credits received at the end, if you win. 

• 2 weeks later...

[FIXED] Alright so, let me introduce myself. I'm Azuraiku, part of the ODIN clan, but let's move on to why I made this thread.

(I am new to the forums, but I checked bug reports and the feedback section, I couldn't find anything with the guidelines 'quests', so don't yell at me please.. :( )

So I finished the first two matches of the Index (match 1 and match 2), and I went on to the third match and I put it in my wagers. I found this guy/girl (for sake of insults in thoughts I won't reveal him/her), and I went with the person to the mission. Everything went well. Once we loaded in the Index, the Cephalon was introducing us: 'brokers be prepared' etc... Then this is where things went awry. I got disconnected from the squad due to a random 'host migration'. I checked my Internet, and most importantly, my Wifi. (My Wifi is strong) Then another GUI/HUD popped up saying: 'oh do you want to go back to your squad?' I clicked yes, and I got taken back there. And then, you know what happened. I got disconnected due to 'HOST MIGRATION'. I checked everything again. Then I checked my credits and I had 33k left. At first I had around 300-500k credits and now around 33k. I told my clanmates about what happened and they said: 'possibly a bug'. So I took it to the forums to see your guys opinion. So what do you guys think? (Also please bear in mind that when I went back to my squad, the menu to commit wagers didn't pop up)

Is it a bug or matchmaking problem?

But anyways, thanks for listening to my problems.

As always, keep grinding and have a good day Tenno!

Edited by Azuraiku
saying its fixed

The credit thing is a bug, it was the same instance so it shouldn't have charged you twice, you should be able to take that to support and have them fix it if it really bothers you that much but they usually have backlog so it may be a while.

The disconnection was probably an issue with the player hosting if that's what happened and it isn't exactly uncommon, I find it's best to play most quests solo unless it's absolutely impossible for you.