Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Assimilate fix is a massive nerf

Treebiter

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

My build is similar except CP, cunning drift and narrowminded instead of intensify. I also use streamline and finally x2 sets of arcane energize to top it off. You really don't need strength at all. 8th slot for assimilate (rip) 

Mostly for trying to offset the negative strength made by Overextended, just to make Psychic Bolts deal fairly good damage, enough for killing ospreys at least, since I suck at hitting those annoying drones.

11 minutes ago, tverik said:

I agree 100%. I'm not using assimilate anymore, especially because I had this "teammate" keep shooting my bubble just to troll me until I ran out of energy...

The energy is our life as a Nyx, actually. Since shes so squishy, her advantage in countering heavy damage is by using Absorb... So why the heck should ppl be able to shoot our bubbles anyway when they just give us a hell dealing with life or death :I

1 hour ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

MR23 with potatoes and 1-7 forma in literally everything. I know my way around. Nyx is top tier, even without Assimilate.

Agree. She´s the so-called Crowd Control Queen. All her abilities are based around CC in some way, thus making her the ideal Warframe to use if looking for CC. Now I´m not saying that all the other frames cannot CC as well, but... Nyx does it best.... xD Plus she can be tanky even though her low armor, thats a fact :P

With some skill and knowledge, that is. Knowing your Warframe in and out leads to many new ways of using it in the best way possible for yourself. Just look at Quiette Shy who use Banshee, another squishy frame. But she can solo well with Banshee in high level survivals... how many can that?!

Edited by Mabitude

5 hours ago, Mabitude said:

The energy is our life as a Nyx, actually. Since shes so squishy, her advantage in countering heavy damage is by using Absorb... So why the heck should ppl be able to shoot our bubbles anyway when they just give us a hell dealing with life or death :I

2 hours ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

MR23 with potatoes and 1-7 forma in literally everything. I know my way around. Nyx is top tier, even without Assimilate.

Nyx is pretty swell, but we have to make a point that even if she's a great CC frame she can't CC if she doesn't have energy.

With a maxed out Primed Flow she has 637 energy in reserve on the field, and if she ever uses Absorb or Assimilate Absorb all of that energy can get depleted immediately due to friendly fire. With 50 Armor and that high of an energy count from Primed Flow, most players will likely use Quick Thinking to gate-out getting OHKO'd in high level missions.

But to have the potentiality of getting your energy depleted exponentially by friendly fire when you're using a Quick Thinking + Primed Flow build while using [Assimilate] Absorb? No one wants that. Furthermore, if you don't have any energy you cannot play Nyx to her fullest potential even if she is touted as the CC Queen with her kit.

If you're not an Absorb user, kudos to you. But a nerf is still a nerf, and the nerf to Assimilate has still affected a large majority of players that liked the augment prior to the u19.13.0 fix. And this significant nerf to Assimilate is sure to drive away participating Warframe players from playing Nyx until something gets done, because as it stands the change/nerf doesn't bode well to a lot of Nyx players.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:15 PM, KlutzMeister said:

I played both valkyr and nyx plenty before and after their nerfs, I wasn't a fan of valkyr's, but it was manageable and I adapted. How is going from 250 to 12 power in 2 seconds because of some sir-spams-alot type manageable?

How often do you play her vs infested? Even with primed flow her power pool sinks to nothing from a fresh cast in the time it takes to activate life support, if an ancient disruptor walks around the corner because of the energy drain on hit aura.

Yes, Nyx now has issues for her augment... that she never should have had in the first place. It's release was poorly timed.

The only difference with the issue now is that it's player caused issues, as opposed to DE giving you the middle finger.

Look, I'm a very passive player when it comes to nerfs and buffs but... this is just downright stupid. i don't even main Nyx and even I think this is stupid. Not only it makes Nyx less popular for the community, it encourages players to play SOLO if they're playing Nyx. Ofc people are gonna troll and pop that bubble, or even by accident. There are so many abilities and weapons that does massive amount of AOE damage and you'll always find one or two ppl using those weapons/warframes in a squad. This... This "FIX" needs to go away. Just revert it back. I don't know about the rest of the community but i was actually happy with how Nyx was before. Why fix something that's not broken?

12 hours ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

Usually in any game, the top tier stuff is the most used, DESPITE of popularity or how "cool" that character/item is. 

But i guess, that's basically the only exception to an eternal rule in games. ;D

10 minutes ago, MadHatter42 said:

Usually in any game, the top tier stuff is the most used, DESPITE of popularity or how "cool" that character/item is. 

But i guess, that's basically the only exception to an eternal rule in games. ;D

I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning here, but the top tier Warframes are not always the most used.

Banshee is top tier - the strongest damage-dealing Warframe in the game (next to Nova, although she requires a strong weapon to charge the Antimatter Drop) in addition to having a set of tools useful at any level and I don't see a lot of Banshees.

Equinox can deal even more damage than Banshee. Equinox will easily outdamage everyone in day-form (although it requires damage being dealt from other sources beforehand) and in night-form you've got one of the best CC Warframes with the Calm & Frenzy augment. Equinox is GOD tier, yet you almost NEVER see anyone play Equinox.

i've been playing with Pacifying bolts recently

it's a decent augment and makes me use an ability that i don't even care about..

i'm going to try and build something for the absorb damage as well, just to see how it goes...

5 hours ago, hammerheathen said:

How often do you play her vs infested? Even with primed flow her power pool sinks to nothing from a fresh cast in the time it takes to activate life support, if an ancient disruptor walks around the corner because of the energy drain on hit aura.

Ancient disrupters and leach extremi, against a melee frame who is generally right in the thick of it the whole time? I rarely use her against the infested these days, when I do I usually try to keep eternal war up so when they pop hysteria I have at least a chance to kill energy drainers and tank a few hits to make use of rage, but that's not the point...

With valkyr, danger comes from enemies; with nyx, danger comes from allies. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to you?

Just now, nanicow said:

today i struggled with a rhino using stomp, synoid simulor and telos boltace
could not use assimilate at all, had to leave the party

this augment is only useful if you are soloing missions now :/

Try go for Chaos build instead meanwhile. It would at least help yourself and your team... well.. unless you got a team that one-shoot everything, then its no meaning to create Chaos when it just becomes Chaos anyway with those around

4 hours ago, Mabitude said:

Try go for Chaos build instead meanwhile. It would at least help yourself and your team... well.. unless you got a team that one-shoot everything, then its no meaning to create Chaos when it just becomes Chaos anyway with those around

i think that is the only way to go

there was this kuva flood where i was playing with another Nyx and a Valkyr

me and the other nyx couldn't stop dying and valkyr started to say that we were "noobs"
well is easy to say that ,since valkyr have immortality...

I have read most of the comments here and I have seen so much derision from certain players that its really dismaying /s , a few answers.

1. Yes, lets not use the syndicate mods. Just because you can play another way, doesn't mean I want to. I will play the way I want to. In fact I spent a fair amount of time to create a certain build with Assimilate in mind. I like Nyx ton's and her skill sets are fun, however her CC isn't so strong she will lose out to Loki 9 times out of ten. As with what I did when I got Loki Prime, he was able to do what was needed as a amazing support frame for the team. Nyx's CC will still attack you if they see you if nothing else is directly in front of them and even then might still attack you as a group. Seems almost pointless at times.

2. This "Just shake it off and carry on" attitude is ridiculous and waste of everyone's time. Also really dismissive of Warframe players that have spent time on building something they enjoy. Path Options are a good thing.

3. Assimilate is OP.  There is a expression for these ones "Filthy Casuals" /s . But seriously, Assimilate in my opinion is not over powered. And there are a few reasons for this. The first being the the range is diminished to point of uselessness, try to leave this state when you are completely surrounded you are now trapped by your own power and soon lack of. The range will not save you, as the power levels are dropping faster and faster. also Snails can move faster as my point and case shows. Nyx is kinda slow on this one. Try not to get left behind. "Something OP Fierce going on, a real game breaker" /s

As a low level Nyx (ie not having all the mods needed for certain builds) she is really fun when other people shoot into the Absorb and speed up the damage ouput amount, this was very cool until you evolve and start to use the other skills (and other frames). In other words rank 6 then she changes to something more. Absorb then becomes a something of the past.

Assimilate is released and Voila a new Nyx is returned from the dead. For me at least. I was Super happy about this mods release.

The Nyx for me is when you combine Assimilate & Guardian Derision and Final Harbinger. A true reflection on the game capabilities for different builds almost a true sand box. This how Warframe really shines from a lot of the other games out there, it's what kept my interest over the years. 

The darker side of Nerf'ing.

With the assimilate being "FIXED"  as if somehow we asked for this. If it looks like a Nerf, walks like Nerf , But it's a called a "Buff" / "Fix", obviously then it is a Nerf. It renders this mod useless in most situations. Just last night I got the old 6 Forma Tonkor from a clan member(not a light weapon), without him even trying. But that's not what killed me. It was the Zero Energy and was left dead in the waters, Can you imagine if Frost's Shield took friendly fire? O.k everybody try not to hit that big snowball. Oh the day that would happen it would be hell hath no limits in the forums. To understand weapons,  from most high ranking players will be most often than not forma'd to the point being amazing to watch to what can be done. How about we "fix" Serration to 50% of its current dmg output. This is what was done to Assimilate. 

Solution:

Nyx's Absorb being affected from other players needs to be removed. This in turn will be reflected via Assimilate. 

Give her the many roles she deserves, be it a tank or a cc' build. She is a great frame at the end of the day, who would want to ruin that.

Plus I would really hate to shelve Faven_PS's skin for Nyx from lack of use.

-Iron

edit: some minor grammatical issues. 

Edited by IronFist_Legion

On 3/19/2017 at 4:57 PM, (PS4)SageHeed said:

There was a time when I would have said Nyx was the best warframe in the game, based exclusively on Chaos and the fact that it was the only thing that even allowed us to play what we called end game back then. I'd have to say she doesn't feel nearly as impactful anymore compared to back then, mainly due to all the AI changes over a four year period. Her chaos has gone from being amazing to just kind of ok. There's a real reason why some of us keep saying she's become a lesser version of an irradiating disarm Loki, and that's because it's hard to tell a difference between Chaos and what amounts to an extended duration rad proc. There need to be some major changes to how the AI responds to Chaos and Mind Control to bring her back up to top tier. As it is she's just decent but extremely soft AoE CC, with two useless powers and one situationally mediocre power, and zero survivability. The augment getting rid of friendly fire damage at least opened up one more direction to build her in, and changing the wording on the mod and keeping build diversity would have been a better choice for the game than "fixing" it and reducing her build diversity back down to Chaos bot, especially with Chaos in its current mediocre state.

15 hours ago, KlutzMeister said:

Ancient disrupters and leach extremi, against a melee frame who is generally right in the thick of it the whole time? I rarely use her against the infested these days, when I do I usually try to keep eternal war up so when they pop hysteria I have at least a chance to kill energy drainers and tank a few hits to make use of rage, but that's not the point...

With valkyr, danger comes from enemies; with nyx, danger comes from allies. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to you?

I'll grant that worrying about allies is an issue

However, I don't think Nyx should have had that augment in the first place and it came right after valk's nerf for "balance"

But people had fun, so as usual I kept quiet. I'm honestly amused that less people are saying this augment was justifiably nerfed, because it was and is overpowered.

I don't care what people do with it either way. If people have a shinier toy than me, I'm not jealous.  I'm just calling out the BS of how Valk was and supposedly "is" OP, but this augment was "fine". The drain was certainly less for a better effect.