Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's Passive?

.Murk.

So Chroma does not really have a passive in my eyes as it is a core concept to how his abilities work (energy color changes abilities), so I figured I'd bring it up and offer a few suggestions for a replacement.

• Dragon's Rage - Convert a portion of health damage(or maybe shield damage aswell) into energy
  • Blood of the Dragon - Health regeneration
  • Threatening Presence - Chroma will draw enemies attention away from allies and objectives and enemies will attack chroma instead(could have some range scaling on damage taken or something else) (Fatal Attraction does not make enemies attack chroma:laugh:)
  • Scar Tissue - Chroma gains additonal health maximum(or maybe one of these: speed, armor, melee speed + reload time reduction) for damage taken for a limited duration (decays over time without damage being taken)
  • Taunting Gaze - Blocking with melee taunts enemies within 25m

These are to be taken as rough ideas, they could even make multiple passives based on energy color too allowing more versatillty to his play styles. So what are your thoughts/ideas on this matter.

Edited by Murkar

2 minutes ago, Murkar said:
  • Dragon's Rage - Convert a portion of health damage(or maybe shield damage aswell) into energy
  • Blood of the Dragon - Health regeneration
  • Threatening Presence - Chroma will draw enemies attention away from allies and objectives(could have some range scaling on damage taken or something else)

It's true he needs a new 'passive' (agree the one he has is not a passive). But your new ones might need a bit of work. You have here (in order); rage, rejuvenation and djinn's attraction mod. 

I would be happy if they made all his non ice elemental options not terrible. I also want his first ability to be useful for something; I mean it's frekaing dragon breath I want to use it- but it's a waste to ever do so.

That innate rage sounds pretty good though...

Edited by Echorion

6 minutes ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

It's true he needs a new 'passive' (agree the one he has is not a passive). But your new ones might need a bit of work. You have here (in order); rage, rejuvenation and djinn's attraction mod. 

To be fair mag's is vacuum, and rhino's is heavy impact, banshee's is hush, ect.

On need for a passive: Yeah, he needs one.

On the passives you presented: I think out of all of them I'd only take the one where you taunt enemies when blocking.

Reason for this is that all of the others ones are either, the Djinn one (:P) or basically play around health, which I fear would mean less reason for Fire Chroma.

Just now, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

equinox has equilibrium. But I'd like to nit pick a few things here: rage takes up a whole precious mod slot and every chroma build feels like a tight fit already plus its almost essential if you don't want to throw pads down when your energy gets swiped, rejuvenation is only really useful if your team has it as well, and Djinns's fatal attraction does not make enemies shoot chroma which is what I was implying (he needs to be shot for vex armor to work and to utilize his tank status in a team environment) plus in the situations you want chroma in a sentinel would not last very long anyway(ie bombarders on kuva floods)

18 minutes ago, Murkar said:

equinox has equilibrium. But I'd like to nit pick a few things here: rage takes up a whole precious mod slot and every chroma build feels like a tight fit already plus its almost essential if you don't want to throw pads down when your energy gets swiped, rejuvenation is only really useful if your team has it as well, and Djinns's fatal attraction does not make enemies shoot chroma which is what I was implying (he needs to be shot for vex armor to work and to utilize his tank status in a team environment) plus in the situations you want chroma in a sentinel would not last very long anyway(ie bombarders on kuva floods)

Yeah I think you're right ... I don't really use Chroma anyways :) I think the dragons rage is probably the best one, but you would have to make it not to op so that it can't be combined with rage to give super damage reduction.

bound pelt: a small portion of damage taken is reflected back at enemies 

and

searing rage: damage to health is turned into a small amount of energy and when shields are depleted a small knockdown around chroma happens

i feel that it is better to have a little of 2 things instead of going overboard on 1

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

58 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

bound pelt: a small portion of damage taken is reflected back at enemies 

and

searing rage: damage taken is turned into a small amount of energy

i feel that it is better to have a little of 2 things instead of going overboard on 1

that Searing rage is Dragon's Rage xD but yeah a damage reflect would have good synergy on chroma as well

Edited by Murkar

1 hour ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

How does resemblance to already existing mods make them worse? Valkyr's passive is literally Handspring

Give me dragons rage. It makes sense and makes you want to take damage, which is what Chroma player wants to do. Managing health and energy is what I call dynamic game play. Take too much damage and you go down, take too little and you have to rely on passive regen for your huge energy costs. Perhaps have it disable when you throw effigy out. Or maybe I'm asking too much there. Anyways, dragon rage is best.

Dragon's Rage is interesting.

Here are my thoughts on a passive:

Spoiler

Passive: Elemental Mastery - Elemental Status Effects on Chroma are reduced in duration (needs to be stack-able with Rapid Resilience), and have a chance to proc an Elemental boost. Ideas for the Elemental boosts:

• Heat, Regenerate 1 health for duration of Status Effect.
  • Electric, Shield Recharge rate is boosted for a short duration
  • Toxic, chance to absorb and/or disperse/dissipate Toxic Clouds.
  • Cold, chance to be unaffected by Status Effect and proc Freeze on melee attackers

The Passive could use some tweaking, I was just trying to find minor auxiliary effects that are different from Ember, Volt, Saryn and Frost but could sorta mimic and fit within what Elemental Ward does.

1. Spectral Scream - instead of being a channeled ability, it takes on the Afterburn capacity as a Burst ability. As the projectile travels can leave an AoE trail behind the burst that works like the basic channeled ability. Obviously the math on the ability will need to be tweaked, as well as the initial cost to use. Could also have Duration leave a lingering cloud, mimicking Naplam type visuals that would match the chosen Energy Color.
  2. Elemental Ward - Add the ability to change Element during a mission, using the tap/hold functionality. Maybe increase base Aura Range.
  3. Vex Armor - Since Warframes use Ferrite Armor type currently, Vex Armor adds a base 50% Puncture Resistance to offset Puncture's +50% boost against Ferrite, if Warframes continue to use Ferrite. Also, Instead of when the timer runs out, the whole amount of boost is lost, allow the percent values to decay at some rate until recast, and stop decaying once Vex Armor is reactivated.
  4. Effigy - Either reduce the energy drain on the ability or give Effigy a duration like Rumblers, and allow it to mimic the new Spectral Scream firing bursts as described above.
  • Augment Idea for Effigy - Gives Tap/Hold functionality to have Effigy work as it does now or allow it to follow Chroma like a Bodyguard, ala Tenno Specters and Clem.

That's more or less the direction that seems sensible for Chroma to me. And so the onr thing that bugs me is whether to have that Puncture Resistance be built into Vex Armor or not, since I would actually rather have a new Tenno Armor type for how that Attribute works on all Warframes.

I feel Chroma may benefit from a passive of being immune to status procs according to the element that he is using.  His "passive" right now is just that of his energy changing his element and arguably his effigy's extra gold drop, but I think a passive that would fit him since he is king of the elements is potentially the immunity of status procs that match the element he is currently in.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheTrickster97 said:

I feel Chroma may benefit from a passive of being immune to status procs according to the element that he is using.  His "passive" right now is just that of his energy changing his element and arguably his effigy's extra gold drop, but I think a passive that would fit him since he is king of the elements is potentially the immunity of status procs that match the element he is currently in.  Thoughts?

I actually like some status procs on chroma, since things like fire, toxin, and slash tend  to boost my vexing armor xD, so yeah I agree it should probably be based on chroma's element. But a immunity to CC effects could be great too so you can still move around if you need to if you get overwhelmed.

12 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Vex Armor - Since Warframes use Ferrite Armor type currently, Vex Armor adds a base 50% Puncture Resistance to offset Puncture's +50% boost against Ferrite, if Warframes continue to use Ferrite. Also, Instead of when the timer runs out, the whole amount of boost is lost, allow the percent values to decay at some rate until recast, and stop decaying once Vex Armor is reactivated.

I really dig this ability tweak and the rest are pretty solid too. The passives definitely need some tweaks like you said but yeah that is a great example at how the passive could be element based.

My personal preference is the one where he draws enemy aggro. Though I admit, I do like him having Rage as his passive... Regardless, I would think the constant taunting can at least lead to better maintenance on that Vex Armor of his.