Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are my slide-jumps so inconsistent?

mosaickle

Question

Everytime (and I do mean everytime) I slide and jump in any direction, I literally pop off in another direction that's incredibly inconsistent, regardless where my cursor is pointed, I only go in that general direction and I can end up jumping off anywhere within 30 degrees of where my cursor is aimed at

Thus I end up getting stuck in terrain, including 'slippery' turns so it takes relatively ages to get 'unstuck' from where I get 'terrain trapped' in, makes it hard for me to keep up with my team.

It's really frustrating since I know that my cross hair is always pointed in the right direction

7 answers to this question

Yeah this is something really annoying about bullet jumping... if it helps at all I find it almost always jumps to the right of where your crosshair is pointed when it messes up. So my crosshair is often slightly to the left of where I actually want to bullet jump.

I think it has something to do with you aiming too low, I used to do it and my character bullet jumped somewhat to the side and making me hit things that weren't on my reticule, well basically try this : Aim a bit higher than the middle line when bullet jumping, anything that is below the middle line will somewhat aim towards the nearest wall.

I may be completely wrong, do tell me if it doesn't work as I remember

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

20 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Yeah this is something really annoying about bullet jumping... if it helps at all I find it almost always jumps to the right of where your crosshair is pointed when it messes up. So my crosshair is often slightly to the left of where I actually want to bullet jump.

I always end up jumping to the right, when I aim a little to the left to compensate I jump to where I pointed, to the left. For me it's just straight up inconsistent

If it was always to the right I could definitely adapt to it but there's no telling where you might spring off to at all

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Git gud? It's sometimes a little counterintuitive, especially when bullet jumping from uneven terrain, but with practice you can get it pretty consistent.

No, it happens regardless what terrain I'm on, the consistency is...is that it's always inconsistent. I hardly ever go where I aim

Bullet Jumps go towards your Aiming Reticule, rather than directly forwards relative to your Camera.
it's annoying for sure, it reduces the precision of your movement. it's something you have to get used to.

in addition, the angle you launch off at, depends on the angle of your Camera vs the ground. this means that the almost no Clipping Planes that Digital Extremes uses can result in ground terrain having bumps and Et Cetera in it, and Bullet Jumping on those little bumps can result in going way off of your intended trajectory.
you can't really plan and learn for this one, it just means sometimes your Parkour won't do what you told it to do.

there's other sources of unreliability with Movement as well, but those are the ones i imagine you're encountering in what you describe.