The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could difficulty ever be re introduced?

padds

Well its been quite the journey , 4 years in a few days and weve had a lot of power creep , no need to go through it all here, but were not all running around with mk1 bratons and twin vipers anymore, anyone who was around and is still (ive taken some long brakes along the way myself) has seen the game get easier , weve just got a lot more powerful as time marched on. and those poor guys, the enemy just havent kept up.

Now im not saying it was ever hard as such the fail rate on missions was never high , but i do recall it being at least possible to fail.

what im wondering is do we as players want a challenge? have we got too used to the ezmode farm frame, is it enough that we just compete against each other for who can kill the most or should the game have difficulty bought back? 

Edited by padds

That thing is that once you mod your arsenal with the best possible mods, forma it and potato it, you`d expect them to perform well. Warframe is a horde shooter after all, enemies are supposed to get you with their numbers, not necessarily solo [we do have a few units that can easily oneshot us tho]. It's really hard to balance a game against a team of 4 gods of war that can contain thousands upon thousands of combinations, and still give them a challenge. 

If you really feel like the game is too easy, you could take unranked weapons, or unmoded ones, or not use CC and so on. 

Edited by aligatorno

Yeah - this idea needs more light shed upon it. Even if they can't straight up say yes or no whether or not it's coming, at least some bit of acknowledgment on whether or not it's tangible would be appreciated (by me, at least)

In my opinion, a difficulty system would potentially curb stomp most if not all problems people face with these people running public missions and completely commandeering it to their playstyle (such as the Simulor Mirages for one example) assuming people only join public sessions for the sake of increased difficulty. I can vouch for players joining public sessions for that reason because solo play is genuinely a snoozefest with like very few enemies appearing and attacking every once in a while opposed to larger volumes of them in a 4-player cell.

Edited by Trowicia

I really have to second this

I get my difficulty juice from survivals and sorties and....... No wait that was it

Honestly why the feck is the star chart so easy and boring?

maybe that new game+ kinda mode for the entire starchart with much harder enemies 50-100 with better rewards would be in order eh?
I mean honestly thats all I want at this point

You can't introduce difficulty when most weapon (even fast shooting ones) one-shot and many frames have CC that stop all enemies from doing anything.

If you want difficulty you'll have to create it yourself by toning down how much you use your abilities and what kind of weapon you use.

Sad thing I know

I agree with a difficulty increase, but definitely not in the form of level increase. 

There has to be a place for the 'EZ mode' for vets, because what's cake for us is a bit daunting to some newbies.

On the other hand, veterans need some sort of engagement to stay interested in the game.

It starts with the community not complaining about stuff being too hard, because that's why the Hyekka's and their mom's got nerfed through the floor. People like to complain about stuff that makes them lose. Nobody likes to lose.

the kind of difficulty i would like is to play solo...but have the enemy spawns as if there were up to 3 other players...that would be great imo....MAYBE in the rare chance the warlord created missions ever comes we'll be able to see that...and then being able to add our own conditions..like a survival exmius stronghold style heheh

Edited by Kalvorax

39 minutes ago, padds said:

Well its been quite the journey , 4 years in a few days and weve had a lot of power creep , no need to go through it all here, but were not all running around with mk1 bratons and twin vipers anymore, anyone who was around and is still (ive taken some long brakes along the way myself) has seen the game get easier , weve just got a lot more powerful as time marched on. and those poor guys, the enemy just havent kept up.

Now im not saying it was ever hard as such the fail rate on missions was never high , but i do recall it being at least possible to fail.

what im wondering is do we as players want a challenge? have we got too used to the ezmode farm frame, is it enough that we just compete against each other for who can kill the most or should the game have difficulty bought back? 

yeaaaah no. people leave the game cus they cant aim good enough to avoid self damage and cry about enemy scaling when they dont fight enemies above lvl 50. dont expect any challange from this game unless you play endurance runs, which i find to be pretty damn boring.

I think they should introduce a sliding difficulty slider that you can use on a per-person basis.  The slider simply has to gimp your frame and weapons by a percentage while calling these settings "Ultra Hard," "Super Nightmare" and other things that will make people feel validated.

Oh you mean too say where every one is a god above gods, have no cool downs on abilities, no cool down on consumables, ability to alter how a weapon performs to a whole new level to the point the weapon is unidentifiable(rivens).

NO.

8 hours ago, Twistedsparkle said:

I really have to second this

I get my difficulty juice from survivals and sorties and....... No wait that was it

Honestly why the feck is the star chart so easy and boring?

maybe that new game+ kinda mode for the entire starchart with much harder enemies 50-100 with better rewards would be in order eh?
I mean honestly thats all I want at this point

Ala nightmare + hell (or torment levels) like in Diablo.

2 hours ago, SharkPot said:

Oh you mean too say where every one is a god above gods, have no cool downs on abilities, no cool down on consumables, ability to alter how a weapon performs to a whole new level to the point the weapon is unidentifiable(rivens).

NO.

9912ppo.gif

The OP saying the game should have an OPTION to have difficulty levels on mission nodes. This is nowhere near suggesting things should be made easier nor force any difficulty parameters on any players not wanting it. That being the case I don't see how this can do any harm to anyone since it's OPTIONAL meaning you can always vote 3/1 against it or leave squad to join others on your preferred difficulty.

Edited by Trowicia

4 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

9912ppo.gif

The OP saying the game should have an OPTION to have difficulty levels on mission nodes. This is nowhere near suggesting things should be made easier nor force any difficulty options on any players not wanting it. That being the case I don't see how this can do any harm to anyone since it's OPTIONAL meaning you can always vote 3/1 against it or leave squad to join others on your preferred difficulty.

The op is asking if people would do hard mode. And what i'm saying is hard mode doesn't exist and never will until these issues aren't fixed.

2 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

The op is asking if people would do hard mode. And what i'm saying is hard mode doesn't exist and never will until these issues aren't fixed.

What issues in terms of enemy difficulty aren't fixed if you don't mind me asking?

As I have said above spammable no cooldown consumables, no cooldown on abilities ability. Until spamming is removed no amount of high level enemies are difficult.

It doesn't matter if you're fighting lvl 200 or lvl 9999 if the enemy can never touch it doesn't matter.

4x CP exists. making killing stuff trivial.

Spre Saryn exists to make everything have only 50% health.

Loki Disarm exists to make everything into melee rushers.

Booben exists making melee rushers pointless.

Nova exists to slow everyone down to almost to stop.

Frost exists to freeze enemies to ice statue.

Equinox exists to put everyone into sleep and turning them too statues.

Ivara exists to kill any enemy ingame that has finisher move as an option dead.

Zephyr exists to make any form of ranged weaponry useless.

Trinity can ev  any enemy to death.

Excalibur can blind and exploit stealth multiplier with gas dot build.

And so on.

oh yeah all of these have no cool down.

7 hours ago, SharkPot said:

NO.

might need to actually read the post, because your a bit off base there. i was simply asking if after all this time people would actually welcome difficulty if it came back

"Why is the starchart so easy and boring"
Because if you buff it up to the state WE are at. NEW Players are screwed.

"Why is the game so easy"
If you are using weapons/warframes that are fully built with proper mods. Of course the game is going to be easy. That is how it's meant to be

3 hours ago, padds said:

might need to actually read the post, because your a bit off base there. i was simply asking if after all this time people would actually welcome difficulty if it came back

When it doesn't and won't exist whats the point of discussing if it exists?

And to answer your question : yes I would like to see  something. But for it to be even being considered there are a lot of things to be looked at.

But right now DE doesn't care about it. Nor did they ever really care about it. The void getting hit between players was a pure stroke of luck due to bad RNG and insane scaling that made people wanna see just how absurd it is. But if you look at the whole game since it was released from CBT, only the events were hardly ever difficult, particularly the Gate Crash event that's about it. The game never had difficulty other than the time you were ill equipped with mods and had no clue what you were doing aka being a newbie.

There was no difficulty in content ever.