Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back after 3 years....

RogueSpecter

Question

So, just came back after not playing for about 3 years. Man has the game changed!!! Feel a little lost so far as to what I should be aiming for right now. Been on for about 4 days now, just getting the hang of things. Don't really know what to think! 

So.... Just to give you an idea of what was in the game before I left..... Nova just dropped, Dojo's were still a new thing and the star chart was the only thing you had after logging in lol. (Nice ship implementation now)

Void runs were the only real endgame, and there was only a couple of primes/weapons as well!

So... I'm  back, got somewhat of a clue as to whats going on, but some of it still seems overwhelming! Like.... Where do I go from here since I already had the whole solar system unlocked before I left? I'm doing these recommended missions *(beginner missions it looks like) and then just farming Relics to make some dough! 

Got some general question like; 

#1. What are Riven Mods, and how do I start looking for these? 

#2. I really like Assault Rifles and am a Min/Max person, is there a decent AR for endgame that isn't a Soma/Latron? Also, Does the DERA still have hitscan with Volts Shield? 

#3. It really seems grindy now, is there any hope of getting event items from the years I've missed? 

#4. Why is there a DDR/ Lucio 2.0 Frame in the game lol. (Just an observation, not hating.) Thought I was playing a somewhat ninja'ish space game! A frame with a boombox strapped to it's legs doesn't seem all that fitting to the game!  (Again, just an opinion and observation, not hating.)  Does the lore somehow fit with this new frame? 

#5. Is ash always going to be doomed to have a bad design? Just tried out BS and man is it weak! Not to say Ash was great or anything 3 years ago.... But surely when you have frames like Nova/Mag/Ember pressing 4 to win and all why is Ash so badly designed on his 4? I mean, Loki is miles ahead in design still and makes using Ash redundant in alot of ways! Just curious is all, am I missing something here? 

#6. At non-trading relays, is there other things to do there other than Syn/Trader? Seems alot of people hang out in these! Guessing it's just a social thing right? 

#7. So yeah.... PvP! I get it, no one wants it! But Lunaro or what ever it is, is actually kinda cool! Why does no one play it? Can never find a match! 

Just some general questions. Anyone that can give me a bit of insight, much appreciated. 

Edited by RogueSpecter

9 answers to this question

1. Riven mods are endgame mods only obtained from the end of The War Within quest, trades, and sortie missions. The mods are meant to enhance weapons you wouldn't normally use, but are there for higher powered weapons as well. They come for shotguns, pistols, and rifles.

2. A great AR for endgame is Boltor Prime. I personally love using it.

3. Your only hope would be the trade chat. Sadly.

4. I don't really know if there is any lore for Octavia. She just released.

5. Ash is fine, you just have to put in a little more effort for a 4th and glance at enemies to lock on. It's not that bad.

6. It's still just for social reasons besides Syndicates and Void Trader.

7. (You put 8 instead of 7) PvP seems to be the cancer of Warframe, according to the community. There is still people that play it, but not really popular.

Warframe has changed a lot but I feel as if it's for the better. I heard Octavia is a nuker 'frame also, so I bet she's fun to use.

Good luck to you in your journey back, Tenno.

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

1. Riven Mods are unique Mods and only for the weapon it got unlocked with random suffixes and prefixes which determine what the mod becomes

2. I heard the Tenora is a thing then (Dojo research)

3. Yes, So far all Eventweapons returned (most through Baro or Invasions) except Grogon Wraith,Furax Wraith and Imperator Vandal

4. You mean Octavia? She fun and fits somewhat with the lore. Won't go into details for spoiler reasons

Dunno bout the rest or doesn't care.

Nontheless you should start playing all the quests and open up all the junctions.

welcome back and have fun :)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1- Random mods iwth random stats for weapons and you can reroll the stats

2- dont know for the dera hitscan you should try it volt got reworked since. What is endgame for you ? Dera can be of good use in endgame on status if you need to CC.

3- Yeah with the new invasion system for the weapons and baro for the mods ( baro sells them for ducats wich is a currency obtained from trash prime parts ) But it depends on waht you are looking for of course the liset decorationi  rly dont know if they are gonna come back ( they were pvp btw )

4- You mean the octavia frame ? The rythm frame is the new frame the music thingy is kinda cool but dont know if its not fitting this frame seems to have been created to please someone in the warframe lore or even cephalon created who knows ^.^ .

5- Ash 4 is if not well used is surely uther crap. Try the teleport augment and you will literaly break anything. level over 9000 ? Don't even bother you shred them like nothing was even there.

6-Social , Simaris and syndicate. Oh and the new music thingy

7- Hum m8 forgot 7 ? Why is it your unlucky number ?

8- I dont know i stopped lunaro a long time ago. Its cool but there is some so strong tenno and leavers issue i think.

Let me get you the waht changed list ^.^ 

for a good part of it ;)

Edited by trunks013

12 minutes ago, RogueSpecter said:

#4. Why is there a DDR/ Lucio 2.0 Frame in the game lol. (Just an observation, not hating.) Thought I was playing a somewhat ninja'ish space game! A frame with a boombox strapped to it's legs doesn't seem all that fitting to the game!  (Again, just an opinion and observation, not hating.)  Does the lore somehow fit with this new frame? 

DE dropped the "ninjas and ninjas only" aesthetic years ago, starting roughly with Hydroid (pirate) Mirage (jester) and Mesa (cowgirl). Tenno CULTURE is still "honorable ninjas", but Tenno WARFARE is "whatever works" now.

Anyway Octavia's lore is "Remember when Stalker heard the sound of beating drums when we killed the Orokin? Well Octavia was the one beating those drums". Also she met Cephalon Suda during the Old War. That's about all they put in

1) Riven Mods are mods designed to make weak weapons better. Do The War Within quest, then you'll farm them in Sorties.

2) Boltor Prime, Telos Boltor, (Prisma) Grakata, etc.

3) Wraith and Vandal parts have been returning from invasions so you have a chance to get those weapons. Although some have been removed from the game like the Snipertron.

4) I'm on PS4, so I don't know yet.

5) Ash is stronger than you think. His 4th is really powerful, but it requires more work instead of spamming it. His teleport with the augment "Fatal Teleport" is also really good.

6) Talking to old and new Tenno. Also the simulacrum, darvo, conclave, etc.

7) I personally love it, but it's kinda died down.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

Welcome back!

2. As assault rifles go, you might try the Telos Boltor, Hema, Dex Sybaris, or, if you are okay with crossbows, the Zhuge or Attica. I don't know off the top of my head about the Dera. The wiki might have some information about it.

3. It's always been grindy! A lot of event mods come back periodically in little weekend mini-events, and many event weapons are now available as invasion rewards.

4. I'm just as confused as you, honestly.

5. I understand that Bladestorm is still pretty strong if you build for it, you just can't autotarget an entire room any more. There are a lot of people who still really like Ash, and his most recent rework gave him some buffs to his basic abilities. His Shuriken and Teleport augments might be appealing to you, especially if you have a Covert Lethality mod for a dagger.

6. Fasionframe is endgame!

7. I believe most people play Warframe to kill tons of enemies and farm sweet loot, and Conclave doesn't really cater to that fantasy.

14 minutes ago, RogueSpecter said:

#1. What are Riven Mods, and how do I start looking for these? 

Randomized mods, Finish The War Within quest.

#2. I really like Assault Rifles and am a Min/Max person, is there a decent AR for endgame that isn't a Soma/Latron? Also, Does the DERA still have hitscan with Volts Shield?

Not sure

#3. It really seems grindy now, is there any hope of getting event items from the years I've missed? 

Baro Ki'Teer / Invasion battle pay

Why not? Warframe basically been like this from the beginning (Rhino, Trinity, Magnetic powers. Not exactly things you think of when "ninja" comes to mind)

#5. Is ash always going to be doomed to have a bad design? Just tried out BS and man is it weak! Not to say Ash was great or anything 3 years ago.... But surely when you have frames like Nova/Mag/Ember pressing 4 to win and all why is Ash so badly designed on his 4? I mean, Loki is miles ahead in design still and makes using Ash redundant in alot of ways! Just curious is all, am I missing something here? 

Ash might not be for you. I think BS is fine. BS marks cost 1/2 the energy if you are invisible, Shuriken augment can shred tons of armor with ease, Smokescreen is easier to use now that you don't need to be touching the ground.

#6. At non-trading relays, is there other things to do there other than Syn/Trader? Seems alot of people hang out in these! Guessing it's just a social thing right?

Syndicates, Baro, Darvo, Mastery Rank Test Practice, Simulacrum (it's a testing range where you can spawn enemies you've fully scanned)

#7. So yeah.... PvP! I get it, no one wants it! But Lunaro or what ever it is, is actually kinda cool! Why does no one play it? Can never find a match! 

Warframe is a PvE game first. People play it for PvE.

1)Riven mods are "Super duper combination" mods. They have a bunch of good and ill effects on one card, so you can stuff 'em all in one slot. You get your first one free from the story mission "The War Within", and others from sorties.

2) That's what Rivens do. If you like your Braton or Dera or whatever else, and you get a really good Riven for it, it becomes an endgame gun.

3) Wraith and Vandal items drop regularly from Corpus v Grineer conflicts. Just keep an eye out.

4) Lucio?

5) 'Frame and weapon buff passes are becoming more frequent. Patience, grasshopper.

6) No arcades or Starbucks yet, but who knows?

7) You skipped it.

8) Rivens and other things that everyone wants came out. Eats up all their time.