The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Cyst feedback

(XBOX)Timidobserver

Forgot I made this post. Going to just respond to most of the people that responded to me. 

Before the responses, I'll just say this to everyone that is viewing this thread. My aim is not to get suggestions about how to avoid looking at it. I know that it can be removed after a week and I know that I can just not play the frame for a week. This thread is just a piece of feedback in the feedback section, which I assume is here because they want feedback. By having a feedback section at all, DE is saying to the player that they want to know what we like, dislike, and our general opinions on the game. This thread is my feedback regarding the Helmint Cyst and a statement that it has directly resulted in me not spending plat on multiple occasions, if that matters to them at all.

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

no, no it's not, you think it is but it's not the case.

also, if this is the very first game put u into such hardship, then ... congratulation, you had 20 year of beautiful innocent gaming experience, it would happen at some point. However, now that i know this, i feel responsible to warn you about Dark Soul, Undertale and .... Flabby Birds, as those game may create further disbelieve, drive you insane and leave you with only what used to be a dearest phone or computer, now just a ... shadow of what they once were.

PS: Never press the "Z" button in the zephyr appearance screen, if you still love your gaming machine.

I said worst not first. They are very different things.

Though judging from the content of your post, your aim is just to troll me, so I'll end my response here.

2 hours ago, Insizer said:

If you have the permanent fix then why the hell are people still complaining about it?  I was one of the loudest complaining about there being no permanent fix before the permanent came out, but once it came out I shut up immediately.

Freaking drama queens I swear.

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

If u remove the cyst its gone forever on that frame. So like, wats the problem? I removed on my nidus and wish i hadnt tbh. Thankfully most of my other frames are infected.

I want a way to reinfect nidus.

Just quoted both of you at the same time so I only have to say it once.

Sure there is a permanent fix, but it cannot be used for a week. The process also has to be done for each warframe. For someone that is intent on not playing a frame with a cyst on it, It basically extends the time required to build a frame by a week. It also removes any excitement from getting new frames since I know for a fact that I am going to get insta infected before I even fully load into the first mission I do.

I don't think it would kill anyone at DE or anyone that likes the cyst, if there was a for the fix to apply to all frames. It's not like I am asking them to give me free plat. 

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Another one? Another one.

Lemme guess....when something amazing happens with the CYST, you are gonna jump on the Bandwagon of "I always knew there was gonna be something cool about the cyst" just as the players that got rid of the Quest frames because they "sucked" and then later found out how great they can be?

Cut out most of your post since it was mostly just baiting me, but I'll respond to this part by saying that there is nothing they could ever do that would make me like the cyst. There is nothing they could do that would make me not get rid of it as soon as possible. There will be no bandwagon jumping on my part.

My warframe experience would be 100% better if I could prevent it from every showing up on any of my frames again all in oneshot. If given the option I would pay them 10000 plat right now if I could prevent a cyst from ever showing up on my screen again.

4 hours ago, Sin1989 said:

Ahh, this again.  It amuses me greatly to see how much a little pink cyst that has no negative effects what so ever makes some people squirm and throw a fit.

Hey, well at least one good thing came from this. You got some amusement in your life.

Edited by (XB1)Timidobserver

13 hours ago, Insizer said:

If you have the permanent fix then why the hell are people still complaining about it?  I was one of the loudest complaining about there being no permanent fix before the permanent came out, but once it came out I shut up immediately.

Freaking drama queens I swear.

I really wish I had an answer, but I'm not one of the complainers, so I honestly don't have a clue.

I can  understand the cosmetic issue.  I do not like involuntary cosmetic forced on my avatar.

If i were to fix it, I would make it so the cure could be applied imminently without having to wait for maturity. Also, I would make it so a player that wants a new cyst can just sit back in the chair for a new infection.

The incubation time of the cyst really is only important for balancing the charger and for everyone else it's little more that an ugly zit.

Edited by LazyKnight

Pardon my frankness, but this is really dumb. Seriously, if a pink blob on your player character's neck for one week -- on the left side in a game that looks over the right shoulder -- is the worst thing you've ever experienced in a game, you either haven't played many video games at all or you're being incredibly whiny.

Please grow up.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:18 PM, (Xbox One)Timidobserver said:

TL;DR I bolded the only lines that have even the smallest possibility of mattering to you guys.

This Cyst mechanic is the worst thing that any game has ever put me through, and I have been gaming for 20+ years.  It would be fine if I didn't have to relive it every time I get a new warframe. At this point it irks me to the point that I immediately leave any group I enter that has a Nidus in it.

Your probably ignoring me at this point because no relevance to $$$, so I'll throw this in. The Helminth virus specifically lost you $$$ the other day. A small amount in the grand scheme of things, but lost $$$ is lost $$$. A friend knew that I wanted a limbo, so he offered me his 50% off coupon to gift it me it. I was tempted to buy some plat and send it to him in exchange for the coupon. In the end decided not to pay you guys $$$ for plat to get Limbo because I know that the he is just going to immedately get infected as soon as I get him and I'll be unable to play him for a week until I can get rid of it.

This is a big problem that has existed since the Helminth Virus was introduced, but don't expect these forums to do anything but harass you.  I've no idea why they think the game shouldn't do what it can to please its paying customers, but it is what it is.

59 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Pardon my frankness, but this is really dumb. Seriously, if a pink blob on your player character's neck for one week -- on the left side in a game that looks over the right shoulder -- is the worst thing you've ever experienced in a game, you either haven't played many video games at all or you're being incredibly whiny.

Please grow up.

I need to grow up? Part of growing up is understanding that not everyone agrees with you. Some people like things you don't like and vice versa. You don't have any issues with the Cyst and as an adult I understand that you not agreeing with me is fine. Me not being okay with the cyst and thus being in disagreement with you is also fine. 

#Adult

Edited by (XB1)Timidobserver

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Timidobserver said:

I need to grow up? Part of growing up is understanding that not everyone agrees with you. Some people like things you don't like and vice versa. You don't have any issues with the Cyst and as an adult I understand that you not agreeing with me is fine. Me not being okay with the cyst and thus being in disagreement with you is also fine. 

#Adult

I'm not trying to be a nitpick or anything, so I'm just going to say this and nothing more: adding "#adult" doesn't really help your argument.

5 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

This is a big problem that has existed since the Helminth Virus was introduced, but don't expect these forums to do anything but harass you.  I've no idea why they think the game shouldn't do what it can to please its paying customers, but it is what it is.

Mayhaps it is the fact that your money does nothing for the integrity and the goals of the game at large and into the future?  Perhaps there are more paying customers that have no issues with this compared to those that bust a gasket at the notion that DE placed something in their game for a storyline to come? If you are in the sub-Sub-SUB minor that think that because they paid, the cyst should be non-existing.....then chances are those that are in the MAJOR paying that want to see the outcome of the HELMINTH storyline are getting what they paid for...using your logic of course.

Just because you toss money at something does not mean that you should get your way on EVERYTHING in the game. Stop with the  "my money is more important than DE wanting to bring a grand story to the masses" assumptious attitude. You are either paying because you want to enjoy the game as they bring it to the mass populous of players or you are paying to make yourself feel better than others. Either way, it should not GRANT you this entitlement you want  by having them bow to your payments.

Unless you are going to buy WARFRAME from DE....please stop using your paid experience to hold the creative forces they want to tell.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Mayhaps it is the fact that your money does nothing for the integrity and the goals of the game at large and into the future?

My money is the only reason the game even exists and the sole reason for its continued existence.  The goal of the game first and foremost is to make money.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

.please stop using your paid experience to hold the creative forces they want to tell

They aren't going to be creating much of anything if the game no longer exists.  A lot of great games are dead because they didn't properly manage the financial aspect.

On 4/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, PatternistSlave said:

Eh, there is no point in even registering for a public forum if aren't able to handle being harassed or trolled. I don't mind it at all. At a minimum any troll posts will just keep the thread bumped on the first or second page.

The possibility that someone from DE will read it and care makes it worth dealing with any harassment and/or trolling.

• 1 month later...

All the people saying "you can cure it" didn't quite read the post so well. All the people saying "it bears no negative effects" don't quite understand personal preferences. How hard can it actually be, to just let people pop the cyst before it matures? Is it really that unreasonable for someone to dislike something that is being forced on them in a video game, and having to wait 7 days to get rid of it? Making it possible to pop it early would literally affect noone in any way, aside from the people who have issues with it. Everybody would be in the win. Why do people take it as their duty to scold everyone for making these kind of suggestion? The F*** is yalls problem?!