The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient fighting?

Kalvorax

Question

So its been a few months since i did any non spy runs on Lua.....and I really WANT to do tycho against the corpus.....

The issue I'm having is the Sentients....I want to use Mesa because excal is boring as hell fighting them due to being relatively easy.and boring

my problem is that my 95% damage reduction shatter shield doesnt mean squat against them...arent all of their attacks (apart from the melee sentinel) ranged? if so then why the heck is the damage NOT being reduced? It takes me 2-3 revives on just the FIRST set.....and that was using high damaging weaponry (such as the dex sybaris..which i used months ago against them and did just fine) trying to use euphona prime as well (all these have different elements ofc, such as corrosive heat for my DS, viral/rad for my euphona and Im using lesion with a gas/cold combo.

Supposedly weapons that can doe high damage is great (im doing nearly 1k per shot per burst with my DS) and i use my Operator to reset their adaptations when i can

Any tips on fighting them and NOT getting canned instantly?

this can also apply to Octavias anthem....as they were creaming me even then...

Edited by Kalvorax

15 answers to this question

mmm, Damage Resists only occur between Damage instances, so higher Damage == objectively better.

so your ideal is having Weapons that each deal things like 50/60/80/100,000+ Damage per Shot.
with whatever exterior Damage Multipliers you prefer.

easy two Shots to Kill, potentially one Shot to Kill.

it's generally best to avoid the Damage than to try to tank it - there's some options for absorbing Damage but it's easier to not get hit by their Grenades and Et Cetera in the first place.

as aforementioned, if you shoot Damage Resisting Enemies with your Void beam (which deals Void Damage), Resists will be reset.

49 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

When you use the Void beam from the Operator the immunity goes away even on stalker.

46 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It also stuns them and does decent damage. Takes a while though.

true, though its kind of hard to pull off when there are a ton of corpus around, even if they are attempting to take out the sents as well.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

So its been a few months since i did any non spy runs on Lua.....and I really WANT to do tycho against the corpus.....

The issue I'm having is the Sentients....I want to use Mesa because excal is boring as hell fighting them due to being relatively easy.and boring

my problem is that my 95% damage reduction shatter shield doesnt mean squat against them...arent all of their attacks (apart from the melee sentinel) ranged? if so then why the heck is the damage NOT being reduced? It takes me 2-3 revives on just the FIRST set.....and that was using high damaging weaponry (such as the dex sybaris..which i used months ago against them and did just fine) trying to use euphona prime as well (all these have different elements ofc, such as corrosive heat for my DS, viral/rad for my euphona and Im using lesion with a gas/cold combo.

Supposedly weapons that can doe high damage is great (im doing nearly 1k per shot per burst with my DS) and i use my Operator to reset their adaptations when i can

this can also apply to Octavias anthem....as they were creaming me even then...

If you're doing nothing fancy like using the Operator, make sure you have A, B, and C loadouts with different elemental setups (and different IPS if poss too) on Primary, Secondary and Melee, that way you can switch damage when their resistances build to whatever you first use.

Just now, Omnimorph said:

If you're doing nothing fancy like using the Operator, make sure you have A, B, and C loadouts with different elemental setups (and different IPS if poss too) on Primary, Secondary and Melee, that way you can switch damage when their resistances build to whatever you first use.

damagewise tends to not be difficult...its surviving THEIR damage that is crazy...i dont remember them being able to blow through powers like they arent there or tear through shields and HP so fast that i couldnt get to any kind of cover (while jumping around like a rabbit heh)

- Don't bother relying on Shields. Once they reach their 1st "adaptation point", they'll start spamming an unavoidable AoE that completely obliterates shields, even if you're in the Rift or something. (They deal full damage to Iron Skin as well. Activating Iron Skin while surrounded by a small handful of level 100+ Sentients will add well over 10000 health to it within 2 seconds; it's hilarious.)

- When Battalysts are spamming their stupidly long laser-carpet-bomb-crap attack, you'll be safe if you're above the lasers OR directly underneath the floating Sentient. If you can't find high ground or you can't sneak underneath in time, get out of range ASAP.

I have no experience with Mesa, so I'm not sure how to handle high-leveled Sentients with her. But when fighting level 100+ Sentients in the Simalcrum that can oneshot you with a single glance:

- CC them in order to cancel their attacks (e.g. Rhino Stomp will instantly cancel the stupid laser thing). If your CC doesn't cancel their attacks, keep them CC'd until the attack ends.
- While they're CC'd, get a melee swing in and Naramon your way to victory. Shield-obliterating aside, they won't perform new attacks while you're invisible.

Naramon Rhino works like a charm. Naramon Limbo works nicely as well, since his CC (Stasis + Cataclysm) does not get scaled down with repeated use.

Edited by SortaRandom

Don't go solo, that's my advice. You can pm me to help you.

And as for "surviving their attacks" advice, try to climb up somewhere high, when they start enabling their abilities. They still can hit you though, but not with abilities.

so it basically seems i cant use Mesa...though her 1 MAY be good for it...the way it is now is basically useless heh....i honestly think the main reason i am having so much trouble is because i havent fought them in months...and when i did it was with excal and blinding them...I'll try the other tips given, though I wont set any answers as best just in case there are more replies.

Edited by Kalvorax

6 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

Use Mag with her Magnetize bubble on the sentients ... shoot with projectile weapons and problem solved

Use Rhino with stomp to stunlock sentients and kill them off with rainbow builds.

Use Wukong with defy to not die and his primal fury to kill of the sentients.

Use Titanias Razorwing to kill the sentients from above.

Use Excalibur's radial blind to stunlock them and then use exhalted blade to finish them off.

Use Atlas' landslide to one punch them to death.

Use Volt's discharge to stunlock the sentients and then shoot through his electric shield to increase weapon damage.

Use Frost's Avalance to stunlock the sentient and then shoot them with rainbow builds. 

Use Mesa's Peacemaker if you have a properly modded secondary (a few forma) BUT make sure you are in a safe spot. 

... always bring rainbow build weapons that do a lot of punch. 

There are two videos about his I made a few days ago:

Edited by k05h

9 hours ago, k05h said:

Use Mag with her Magnetize bubble on the sentients ... shoot with projectile weapons and problem solved

Use Rhino with stomp to stunlock sentients and kill them off with rainbow builds.

Use Wukong with defy to not die and his primal fury to kill of the sentients.

Use Titanias Razorwing to kill the sentients from above.

Use Excalibur's radial blind to stunlock them and then use exhalted blade to finish them off.

Use Atlas' landslide to one punch them to death.

Use Volt's discharge to stunlock the sentients and then shoot through his electric shield to increase weapon damage.

Use Frost's Avalance to stunlock the sentient and then shoot them with rainbow builds. 

Use Mesa's Peacemaker if you have a properly modded secondary (a few forma) BUT make sure you are in a safe spot. 

... always bring rainbow build weapons that do a lot of punch. 

No Chroma? Come on: