Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

DE has this way of putting things in the game before a more drastic change comes.  Yes right now Limbo can deal with most high level enemies easily if they have little to no armor, but we don't know what the upcoming damage 3.0 will do either.  I will however admit it does seem weird that they made cataclysm so strong given their stance on "Press4towin" powers.  For what they just gave to Limbo they might as well give Ash his old bladestorm back.  I almost feel like they did it to get more people playing Limbo for frame diversity and when they hit the quota they'll change it xD. 

i think limbo is in a nice spot right now, i dont mind if somebody with a limbo does the highest % of damage or kills at the end of the mission.
we need more scaling abilities like cataclysm, and i find very far from the 360° spams of the old Mag, Mesa etc. You have to aim actively at the most crowded spots, and yes you do good damage in a wide area. Scaling damage and wee need that.

If the map aint crowded enough, it wont work so godly, and alot of times leaves enemies alive with some health.
I think he deserves to be in this spot right now, i would wait at least 1 full month before deciding if he really needs a nerf. I dont care much about people's butthurt because they want to be n°1 in damage at end of mission using slightly more skillfull exploits to deal huge damage numbers, or certain weps with the right riven that can achieve crazy numbers with each bullet. 

1 hour ago, JohnKable said:

i think limbo is in a nice spot right now, i dont mind if somebody with a limbo does the highest % of damage or kills at the end of the mission.
we need more scaling abilities like cataclysm, and i find very far from the 360° spams of the old Mag, Mesa etc. You have to aim actively at the most crowded spots, and yes you do good damage in a wide area. Scaling damage and wee need that.

If the map aint crowded enough, it wont work so godly, and alot of times leaves enemies alive with some health.
I think he deserves to be in this spot right now, i would wait at least 1 full month before deciding if he really needs a nerf. I dont care much about people's butthurt because they want to be n°1 in damage at end of mission using slightly more skillfull exploits to deal huge damage numbers, or certain weps with the right riven that can achieve crazy numbers with each bullet. 

Even people who use him thinks it needs to be changed. It's OP as is. Sensibly it shouldn't be neutered to do no damage whatsoever, but it needs a change. 

It has, at the moment:

-Infinitely scaling damage.
-Full energy regen with every use.
-No need for power strength, full energy regen negates the need for efficiency, and don't need duration either. Literally only need to max range.
-Fast-ish cast, no CD, very large range when built for it.

That's too strong for any ability. And just because an ability scales doesn't make it OP - Nidus and Equinox both scale, but I don't find either of them OP. An ability that requires almost no investment, gives endless energy, and oneshots whole maps every 1-2s is just plain broken.

Saryn can hit high damage. So can Peacemaker Mesa, or Equinox, Nidus, maybe even Octavia now. Not many people care if someone does 50-70% of damage through AoEs; people do care when it's literally pressing 4 over and over and doesn't need even a Trinity to keep up that spammability.

2 hours ago, Cat__Nap said:

Even people who use him thinks it needs to be changed. It's OP as is. Sensibly it shouldn't be neutered to do no damage whatsoever, but it needs a change. 

It has, at the moment:

-Infinitely scaling damage.
-Full energy regen with every use.
-No need for power strength, full energy regen negates the need for efficiency, and don't need duration either. Literally only need to max range.
-Fast-ish cast, no CD, very large range when built for it.

That's too strong for any ability. And just because an ability scales doesn't make it OP - Nidus and Equinox both scale, but I don't find either of them OP. An ability that requires almost no investment, gives endless energy, and oneshots whole maps every 1-2s is just plain broken.

Saryn can hit high damage. So can Peacemaker Mesa, or Equinox, Nidus, maybe even Octavia now. Not many people care if someone does 50-70% of damage through AoEs; people do care when it's literally pressing 4 over and over and doesn't need even a Trinity to keep up that spammability.

I agree energy return shouldnt be a thing. But id call that more a fix than a nerf.

i think is kit now is fine, trust me in most real gameplay scenarios its cataclysm is less efficient than Was a decently build old bladestorm ash, that was also perma invisible with arcane trickery. And it didnt scale infinitely but was very good till lvl 500s.

Sure BS was nerfed and it was deserved, but cataclysm in most missions is just far worse. It doesnt need a nerf, just a couple tweaks and it'll be fine.

maybe its just me, i have an innate passion for scaling abilities and i feel bad when i smell a nerf. Tweaks are welcome, but i hope the ability wont become just another useless one

Ironically, Limbo's rework has changed him into something quite different from what he originally was.

He originally was nothing, zero, nada. A thing to play around with for the most bored players that have all the time in the world to send enemies one by one in the rift and killing them one by one.

He was useless and outclassed in everythinng he did especially when it came to defense (and hated by his teammates because he didn't give protection, prevented people from killing mobs, from seeing mobs outside/inside the rift and preventing them from getting the pickups) with the only exception beinmg sortie defense and even then he was literally just babysittng an AI.

But we all know what happens to nukers, eventually they have their knee caps broken by a nerf hammer.

It happens with everyone, and dps frames aren't the first in line, cc as well.

That's literally the only thing stopping me from buying new cosmetics for him, you just know he will turn into his previous dog sht state one day.

Why would they nerf a rework that they just made and pushed themselves?

Because crybabies on the forums hate fun and like playing useless warframes because it makes them feel special (so they won't actually play Limbo now that he is actually useful)? This was the only reason after all why frames like Valkyr and weapons like Tonkor were nerfed, after all.

12 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Because crybabies on the forums hate fun and like playing useless warframes because it makes them feel special (so they won't actually play Limbo now that he is actually useful)? This was the only reason after all why frames like Valkyr and weapons like Tonkor were nerfed, after all.

Those were stupid designs at start, and what they made is even worst imo. Valk just needed a % of damage reduction while in Hysteria (what the point of the life leech then ?)

And Tonkor needed an alt fire based on his signature move (rocket jump) and a gameplay centered around it (more firerate/crit for X sec when you rocket jump, for example)

I don't like when something is outclassing a category, even more when it's a totally stupid design. But hey, now we know they can even do worst x) (I'm talking about the actual Tonkor, don't touch Limbo except that useless nuke on the 4 tho :clem: )

Half of the community (me included) wants a balanced game with some use for ANY gear in the game, the other half wants to do nothing while staring at a loot rain using their meta powercreep stuff... Kinda hard to please everyone.

Edited by Xgomme

On April 5, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Padre_Akais said:

I don't know about Limbo being objectively OP, especially given the trend set by Nidus and now Disco Duck. They sure didn't skimp on the power pellets for him though. 

I will say two things past that though...

Oberon and Hydroid needs their re-works right now while DE is feeling generous... And no skimping on the awesome sauce.

Don't Nidus, Limbo, or Disco Duck with strangers... Reserve their antics for runs with folks willing to be patient with them.

Oberon needs more than a rework. He's not even strategically viable in higher level games unless the one playing him has completely mastered him. Nothing wrond with that.

Hydroid is still one of my main squeezes. I think people underestimate his one and two. His three is a little ridiculous and four is great cc in small rooms, I don't run any range extenders with him and I do fine, although. My gut tells me Hydroid Prime isn't far around the corner so I'm hesitant to put anymore forma, which would be nice for armor and general survivability. Not too much of a problem if you use three in sticky situations.

I'd also like to add Zephyr, 3 is OP, while her 1, 2, and 4 are awkward until you've forma'd her about two times and gotten used to the way she moves, if you can get used to her and not just spam three, her mobility makes her amazing and more tactical than 3 rushing enemies. Give her a dread or a vulkar and some twin basolk with rift strike and she's fun, but totally lopsided with awkward behavior of abilities

1 hour ago, Xgomme said:

Those were stupid designs at start, and what they made is even worst imo. Valk just needed a % of damage reduction while in Hysteria (what the point of the life leech then ?)

And Tonkor needed an alt fire based on his signature move (rocket jump) and a gameplay centered around it (more firerate/crit for X sec when you rocket jump, for example)

I don't like when something is outclassing a category, even more when it's a totally stupid design. But hey, now we know they can even do worst x) (I'm talking about the actual Tonkor, don't touch Limbo except that useless nuke on the 4 tho :clem: )

Half of the community (me included) wants a balanced game with some use for ANY gear in the game, the other half wants to do nothing while staring at a loot rain using their meta powercreep stuff... Kinda hard to please everyone.

I agree, make nothing trivial, they are all tools created within similar technological levels, an advanced society isn't going to make a useless weapon for combat. Just doesn't make sense. If you can make warframes, that would be one Era of technology, like cannons and muskets got outmoded by the cartidged rounds. They get better over time, doesn't mean that the last phase of the same step in technology is completely better than the first. Revolvers still have use and functionality that in some ways makes them superior to semi automatic and automatic fire firearms. So where warframes and their abilities are not balanced to some technological standard we are always going to be complaining about the lack of balance. While others cry to get things buffed so they can make the cheese.

18 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

She wasn't nerfed. She's much better now.

"Better."

I mean, better for focus farm.  And I'm glad to have frames like her available specifically for that.  But it's not like she stopped being a nuker.  Her nuke key just moved to 1.

Limbo Nerf lol .he just received a rework and you guys want another rework (Nerf) cause you did not like few things about him and old cold useless limbo was better.How about try to play him as it is now.If he is not working as before where you are the on who played as limbo.then at least give it good try lol.Dont just ask for nerfs.

Its allover again like recent weapons because so many ppl using him so must be OP and all the ppl just enjoying new limbo they dont count . After a long time ppl finally got something to play as limbo but some ppl just cant quit nagging.Do you guys listen yourself while u talk ? or this is just the trend you want to go on ?

This is why DE cant get to work fixing things that needs to be fixed.Cause they too busy reading the nerf cry baby's.

Actually what people who play Limbo have always wanted was consistency: if cataclysm bubble is placed on the loot, it should be pickable, if on terminal, it should be hackable. Now we got pickable loot but still unhackable terminals, besides cataclysm has stopped preventing enemies from capping points, the action requiring direct console interaction. Environmental hazards hit through rift and companions are left outside when rift walking.

It's consistency I strive for, nerf or none I could care less.

Edited by SeaUrchins

I really need to say this to the game creators, DE and the people who love this game please do not listen to the players who are constantly saying get this nerf get that nerf nerf nerf nerf if you guys listen to these players you are basically killing your own game you are the makers you know how a weapon works how a frame works its abilities and scaling of those abilities in game people basically complain because they cant get more kill or just cant kill mobs like the other player does  if DE are gonna listen to all the nerf request i have some idea in mind too
1. NIDUS
2. TIGRIS PRIME
3.NARAMON FOCUS SCHOOL
NERF these :)

So many haters. You complain about damage he puts out like you have never played past sortie difficulties in your entire warframe life. Bombards past lvl 30 can basically 1 hit 90% of the frames, a lvl 85 corrupted heavy gunner has over 100K armor, and Ancient Eximus (as well as other) can sap energy from  you while ccing, dragging  you into nullifiers and Osprey's have like 70K shields + armor can bombard entire areas with multiple missiles and wipe entire parties single handedly, but very few weapons in the game are useful past say lvl 60 enemies, and even fewer frames can take more than a few hits from one past say 80 without arcanes and at least a 3-5 forma investment.
Nidus is fully immortal and capable of 3-5 hour solo survivals just standing in his garden melting lvl 2000s with a tigris and his 1 with no forma what so ever, oh and he has to be killed 6-7 times before he will actually die, Inaros is for all purposes equally immortal if played correctly, Rhino Iron skin makes him basically unstoppable if built correctly. Do you cry over that? Then frames like Ember and Equinox can and will do just as much damage as limbo, I main ember and regularly in pug parties do on average 75% of total damage in a given mission and in sorties I regularly see anywhere from 50-65% of total damage output. With Equinox I am capable of higher numbers than that from 100K tigris prime bursts and dropping my 4 annihilating entire waves of defense missions with literally 1 shot. So nerf limbo right because his effect is far more visible so you notice the entire room vanish in a second. I could see making it so Cataclysm was centered on limbo regardless similar to other abilities the basically do the same thing, but to cry nerf in the name of "balance" is asinine. He is comparable to other aoe damage frames when it comes to his 4, if anything he is only better do to the massive power regen and it's lack of channeling. 
Cry balance. SERIOUSLY? Ember, Nezha, Saryn, Excalibur, Equinox, Banshee hell even a well built stomp rhino can DELETE entire rooms as well with a single push of the button, yes some of those take specific conditions IE Saryn spore spread/toxic carry, Ember accelerant/fireblast combo, DMG dealt in Equinox maim range, butr it can bee done and is easily spam-able same as Cataclysm and in most cases the other frames do more dmg and Limbo still can't bring down heavily armored targets despite scaling in places as low level as Bere.  He doesn't need a nerf, people say balance yet I am willing to bet 1000 platinum that at least 40-50% of the people complaining have never fought anything past star map difficulties enemies that are all basically one shotable anyway, and another 25% have never played past sortie 3 difficulties since at least the relics came into play.
Leave the frames alone, and balance the enemies jacked up scaling before worrying about if a weapon or frame is to over powered. The game is supposed to be fun and if it is to easy I get how that bores you, but as for me if a limbo shows up I am going to let them do their thing, take the power regen, dive into his rift gates in sticky situations and he will always be  astaple on my survival/rescue teams even if they nerf cataclysm into dirt because his 2 is still the best CC in the game.