Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

Why do you mention this if you know so well what happens here? I feel you are asking for a nerf OP, and it is sad when this community outcries on nerfs, but then makes threads when something is strong. Limbo is now ACTUALLY relevant. Leave him how he is.... 

12 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Simulor and Tonkor were nerfed because they became overused and overpowered via synergy with frames and riven mods. In other words, these old weapons were updated and brought in line with the current realities of the game.

The Limbo rework is brand new and designed by DE with the current realities in mind, so why would they nerf it? Same goes for Octavia btw.

I mean Patch 20.5. There was an incredible simulor buff at u20, but then it got destroyed (this time for sure) at u20.5

14 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

In Limbo's Theorem , Ordis says ;

" Operator, I think I know why we're finding Limbo parts scattered throughout the system. His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster. Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution. "

We know Original Limbo ( perhaps Limbo Prime ? ) stayed too long in his last rift-walk and it caused his death.

Rift's downside should be - " Limbo loses HP per sec ( after staying 5-10 sec in rift ) as long as he stays in rift " so that will force him to switch between planes , not sit in Rift indefinitely

Limbo is immune to dmg from enemies while he is in Rift but won't be immune to Rift itself !

same can happen to enemies , they lose HP per sec in rift too.

I agree nuking capability of Cataclysm should be nerfed ( or scaling dmg should be removed )

Limbo can't have both nuking and invulnerability.

I love Stasis ability tho :D

If Limbo loses HP per sec as long as he stays in rift, he ain't no rift master, he'll be a joke. I rather give up his nuke, he doesn't even have nuke in the 1st place.

'His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster' can mean many things, not just being hurt in the rift. Maybe he met an enemy that can also go through rift, maybe something pull him out the rift (Cough cough nullifier), or maybe the system malfunctioned by something(like how stasis can be overloaded by reaching the maximum bullets you can have using that ability).

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

all I'm gonna say is be careful what you wish for guys. make sure you've completely thought about what you want before you ask for it, else it might turn around and bite you..

That's exactly what's been happening for the past few months... Demands followed by regrets then riots. 

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

24 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

I mean Patch 20.5. There was an incredible simulor buff at u20, but then it got destroyed (this time for sure) at u20.5

Oh yeah well that just shows that they didn't test stuff properly lol since there's so many combos of weapon builds plus synergy with frame powers.

I think it's a lot simpler to design frames though.

3 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

'His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster' can mean many things, not just being hurt in the rift. Maybe he met an enemy that can also go through rift, maybe something pull him out the rift (Cough cough nullifier), or maybe the system malfunctioned by something(like how stasis can be overloaded by reaching the maximum bullets you can have using that ability).

hmm maybe you can be right :B

but also found this

" According to his associated questline, the original Limbo Warframe that the player obtains information about (and subsequent blueprints from the data) died while crossing into the rift plane, in which Ordis insists the player be more careful as to not repeat the same mistake. "

which means his death caused by entering Rift , not after malfunctioning ( or nullifier interference XD )

He is master of manupilating Rift and distruptor of space-time continuum but not immune to Rift's dangerous effects , like how Ember still takes fire damage while she should be immune or have somekind of resistance :(

4 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

hmm maybe you can be right :B

but also found this

" According to his associated questline, the original Limbo Warframe that the player obtains information about (and subsequent blueprints from the data) died while crossing into the rift plane, in which Ordis insists the player be more careful as to not repeat the same mistake. "

which means his death caused by entering Rift , not after malfunctioning ( or nullifier interference XD )

He is master of manupilating Rift and distruptor of space-time continuum but not immune to Rift's dangerous effects , like how Ember still takes fire damage while she should be immune or have somekind of resistance :(

Ember does have resistance against fire, in fact she's the only element frame that has some resistance against her own element type

'died while crossing into the rift plane' Do you mean you accidentally walked out the rift while a bombard shoots at you?  lol

Edited by OoharaSora

29 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

You said maybe he met with an enemy that can go through Rift , what if there are Rift Apparitions that count Limbo as threat and want to kill him ?! :O

Edited by Aeon94

Normally I feel I would reply with some nukers still exist but they all require some work to nuke. But seeing as the reason they used to nerf the sim and tonk (outside of self damage which was a fine addition as we're in movement 2.0 and no longer really need a rocket jump) was that people cried enough in their pub games.

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

You said maybe he met with an enemy that can go through Rift , what if there are Rift Apparitions that counts Limbo as threat and want to kill them ?! :O

Hey, I said maybe. And that's not the only thing I said.

Limbo Rework - What I think he should be

• Passive: While in the Rift, Limbo receives a slight Energy regeneration. Additionally, enemies killed in the Rift will grant Limbo 10 Energy.
  • Rift Walk: Movement Activated Ability:

While in Rift Limbo should not be able to be forced out by Nullifiers. Its plain as day that Limbo is suppose to be master of the Rift. So why does he take damage from outside of the rift. Makes absolutely no sense. Now to keep with the quest line that was mention that Original Limbo was destroyed by the rift, compensate the energy regen for hp loss while in the rift. To compensate for rejuvenation mod, just change it so that any limbo equipped with this mod or in a party with someone equipped with said mod will not regen while in the rift.

Since Limbo would be in the rift, rejuvenation aura mods from other party members will be canceled out if they are outside the rift and limbo is in. It would just be a matter of a check to see if Limbo is in the rift, if so disable hp regen for limbo only. All other party members that are not limbo will still be able to benefit from rejuvenation if its equipped on limbo if they are inside the rift. As for Limbo he is unable to regen hp while in the rift. This in turn would be his flaw. This would be the ONLY damage limbo can take while in the rift. This would keep limbo players from just sitting in the rift becoming immune to all damage with the exception of his flaw.

• 1: Banish:

Limbo should be able to banish both from and to the rift. Not just one way. Limbo is in rift, decides to pull enemy to rift with him. He should be able to do so.

• 2. Stasis:

This ability in my opinion, should have its own timer, of something around 5 seconds. Having it affected by duration mods just is too much. It would have the risk if say for example, Limbo pops cataclysm over a group of enemies, pops stasis, limbo has 5 seconds to dish out as much damage to the enemies within before stasis wears off. Have it on maybe a 8-10 second cooldown of its own. Would allow for more tactical use and not as spammy. This would still be a risk as when stasis wears off if enemies inside the rift are still alive, they can damage limbo. Which in turn is the risk of being inside the cataclysm/rift with enemies .

• 3. Rift Surge:

I havent really seen too much of a issue here so keep it as is for now.

• 4: Cataclysm:

Keep it as is, but ensure that if limbo walks inside his flaw kicks in and he begins losing hp.

With these changes I think Limbo will be able to actually be called Master of the Rift. IMO I would like these changes, would allow more tactical limbo play and still be the risk of being KO for being the rift for too long. Just as I previously stated, while in the rift and there are no enemies in the rift with limbo, he is immune to ALL damage and nullifiers, but has his flaw, a bleed effect. Now if Nullifiers are able to still kick limbo out of the rift, I better see some corpus units that can attack you from the rift that have similar abilities to limbo, otherwise my statement stands. Immune to ALL DAMAGE AND NULLIFIERS while in rift!!

Edited by Ry0uSh1n

3 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

Banish -Agree
Stasis -Oh god pease no
Stasis -/-
Cataclysm - The hell why does everyone wants him to take dmg just to stay in rift?

@Ry0uSh1n

It would be his flaw and would keep with the lore that the Original limbo did something fatal that cost him his life, so in a sense the limbo parts are defective but usable. This would create a balance and not give limbo complete immunity making him immune to everything. The risk of dying is still there, just not from enemies.

@OoharaSora

Edited by Ry0uSh1n

1 minute ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

It would be his flaw and would keep with the lore that the Original limbo did something fatal that cost him his life, so in a sense the limbo parts are defective but usable. This would create a balance and not give limbo complete immunity making him immune to everything. The risk of dying is still there, just not from enemies.

@OoharaSora

Even though it's somewhat lore-correct, Limbo's survivabilyty besides rift is kinda meh, so i would not appreciate such thing. 
The point of rework was to make using rift rewarding, rather than to make it punishing

8 minutes ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

@OoharaSora

It --maybe-- makes some sense if he takes dmg going into or out the rift according to the 'beloved' lore, but taking dmg just by staying in rift as so called 'Rift Master'? Get the foutta here   lol   Plus it's the original Limbo who made the mistake, and Ordis told you bout it. You think the operator would've know not to do the same mistake, after listening to Ordis?

Edited by OoharaSora

1 minute ago, Quanlain said:

Even though it's somewhat lore-correct, Limbo's survivabilyty besides rift is kinda meh, so i would not appreciate such thing. 
The point of rework was to make using rift rewarding, rather than to make it punishing

@Quanlain You cant have a reward without risk. Reason for his flaw.

1 minute ago, OoharaSora said:

It --maybe-- makes some sense if he goes into or out the rift, but taking dmg just by staying in rift as so called 'Rift Master'? Get the foutta here   lol

He'd still be the rift master, just not like the original limbo. Even he took chances and look what happened. Even that limbo wasnt perfect. I understand alot of limbo players want to be godly and immune while in the rift, but there has to be a risk to being in the rift otherwise limbo will just be OP and undamageable. The rift is his plain to control, but since the limbo we have now is not the original but mere parts, we, the limbo players, have to take that risk each time we step into the rift. Master of space and time, but with the risk. 

Just now, Ry0uSh1n said:

@Quanlain You cant have a reward without risk. Reason for his flaw.

I think there is enough Risks on high lvl already. 
Considering the fact, that you have to get out of the rift itself to banish enemies now. 

Cataclysm doomclap is actual at stationary missions mostly. But it is not openin Limbo's potential. 
For now there are alot of QoL changes needed for Limbo, just to make people use anything but this cheesy oneshot skill. 

There are way of playing him nice, but by this moment these way are so uncomfortable, so many, if not every Limbo player will use Cheese ability. The same as with every other warframe with easy-to-use skill potential

3 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

I think there is enough Risks on high lvl already. 
Considering the fact, that you have to get out of the rift itself to banish enemies now. 

Cataclysm doomclap is actual at stationary missions mostly. But it is not openin Limbo's potential. 
For now there are alot of QoL changes needed for Limbo, just to make people use anything but this cheesy oneshot skill. 

There are way of playing him nice, but by this moment these way are so uncomfortable, so many, if not every Limbo player will use Cheese ability. The same as with every other warframe with easy-to-use skill potential

I was speaking in terms of my recommendations in changes Id like to see done to limbo, not his current kit. That is what I was referring to in regards to risk and reward.

To the changes I listed

Edited by Ry0uSh1n

6 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

It --maybe-- makes some sense if he takes dmg going into or out the rift according to the 'beloved' lore, but taking dmg just by staying in rift as so called 'Rift Master'? Get the foutta here   lol   Plus it's the original Limbo who made the mistake, and Ordis told you bout it. You think the operator would've know not to do the same mistake, after listening to Ordis?

@Ry0uSh1n

5 minutes ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

I was speaking in terms of my recommendations in changes Id like to see done to limbo, not his current kit. That is what I was referring to in regards to risk and reward.

I don't see too much of a reward in you recommendations, since most od Limbo players now just Oneshot the whole tileset with new cataclysm, it does not even require for you to stay in rift. 

At this moment, however, you can completely play without riftwalk. It's just an option. The main strengh now is his Cataclysm oneshots, and Stasis locks, both of wich do not require you to be in rift. 

People will continue playing like this, even if they will lose 150 hp/sec. Only nobody will use any other way to play Limbo, like i do and did pre-rework.
Your suggestion is unreasonable, excluding lore

Edited by Quanlain