The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Aquisition

cookieknife

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

It's honestly pretty pathetic that that's the best reason de could come up with for us to play that tileset. Because it really is a very good tileset. They just gave us no incentive whatsoever to go there, and so no one plays it and it kinda feels like a massive waste of time and resources. Like, at least lua has sentients, some of the shadow debt mods in the spy vaults, and an ok drop chance at nitain in the new exterminate vaults. Kuva fortress? Nothing. Once you get that mod there is zero reason to go back there (maybe Simaris rep farming on unaltered enemies, but that's a pretty weak excuse).

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

They are aware there is little reason to go back to the kuva fort. Why no one wants to do the new long multi part mission for nothing, etc. So many things to do, only so many devs to go around.

If they're aware, why the recent focus on lua and the derelict then? Those places already had incentive to play them, lua for the reasons I mentioned above plus drift mods, and derelict for the corrupted vaults.

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

think about it, if there was kuva in the kuva fortress, why would they send out the siphons to gather kuva?

but... what happens to that kuva they actually managed to harvest using the excavators that were smart enough to point the other way and also harvest invisible kuva clouds?!

Pretty sure I've seen tanks of that stuff just waiting for the taking on some of those Fortress tile sets. ;-)

It'd be cool if DE added in some Alerts for the Kuva fortress that rewarded kuva.

17 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

If they're aware, why the recent focus on lua and the derelict then? Those places already had incentive to play them, lua for the reasons I mentioned above plus drift mods, and derelict for the corrupted vaults.

Its not like they share anything but the vaguest of project paths, Why would I know. But they need to work on both old and new stuff in cycles. Kuva fort has been the most recent addition and got its job done currently. and there is nothing holding players back from getting kuva. Lua and orokin having an interest in music makes sense Octavia was found there. Derelicts have had little use after keys vanished and the majority of players have moved past needing those vaults and the whopping 2 cats available. But saying hema and octavia part has added much content which caused even more kuva fort neglect is laughable.

Some new system will come out that requires something like purified kuva from fort defense wave Cs soon enough... probably.

Edited by Firetempest

I've never agreed with an OP more than this..

Kuva 2.0 Propositions:

- caches now appear on all Kuva Fortress missions, with each having a chance to drop 500 Kuva, as well as Nitain and other Cache rewards.

- Sorties now reward Kuva, alongside the Anasa Ayatan Sculpture and 4k Endo. you can now get either an Anasa and 2000 Kuva, or 4000 Endo and 5000 Kuva. this helps make the Endo rewards feel a bit more substantial and meaningful to players who already have plenty Endo but might still need Kuva.

- new mission type: Kuva Fortress Hijack: works the same as Ceres Sabotage, but instead of a Formorian Core, we are stealing a large shipment of Kuva. the tram system would work the same, the enemies would be Kuva Grineer (obviously) and at the end of the mission, the player would be rewarded with between 2000 - 3000 Kuva. rewards could also be base on the condition of the shipment, with rewards decreasing as the tram takes damage, encouraging players to put 110% effort into protecting the shipment.

these proposals may not be to everyone's liking, and I understand that, but dear LORD we need more options than those damn Siphons.

Got a really good reason to replay the Kuva Fortress: You like the tileset.

Boom. Minds probably blown.

Foreign concept to a lot of Tenno, I know, but you really shouldn't need a reward to make you want to go back and play a certain mission type. And it annoys the piss outta me that almost no one gets that.

29 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

but... what happens to that kuva they actually managed to harvest using the excavators that were smart enough to point the other way and also harvest invisible kuva clouds?!

Pretty sure I've seen tanks of that stuff just waiting for the taking on some of those Fortress tile sets. ;-)

It'd be cool if DE added in some Alerts for the Kuva fortress that rewarded kuva.

According to lotus those tanks aren't kuva but instead some kind of sludge they are attempting to make into kuva. 

1 hour ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Got a really good reason to replay the Kuva Fortress: You like the tileset.

Boom. Minds probably blown.

Foreign concept to a lot of Tenno, I know, but you really shouldn't need a reward to make you want to go back and play a certain mission type. And it annoys the piss outta me that almost no one gets that.

Why should we play a mission where we can't farm anything worthwhile, when we can spend the same time farming kuva or something else we need? When I only have a couple hours to game after work, I'm not going to waste them playing for nothing except a different looking map.

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Why should we play a mission where we can't farm anything worthwhile, when we can spend the same time farming kuva or something else we need? When I only have a couple hours to game after work, I'm not going to waste them playing for nothing except a different looking map.

Boom. That mindset right there is exactly what I'm talking about.

It's a video game. Have fun with it. Don't Skinner Box it for yourself.

42 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Don't get mad just because someone has a different definition of fun than you.

Do I sound mad in the least bit? Because I'm not mad.

Far be it from me to judge you for playing the game Skinner Box style (and if you don't know what that is, watch the video I linked earlier). After all, I play Cookie Clicker.

But, you shouldn't then be complaining that the game lacks anything interesting to do just because the Devs aren't building a Skinner Box game. They provided a new, distinct tileset with new challenges and new variations on the enemies that hadn't really been done before. Just because there's no "actual" reward doesn't mean you should just not play it.