Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really don't like the pattern of getting new warframes

Grendads_Creamy_Donut

The one thing I've started to notice in warframe is that regular warframes are starting to get more frustrating to farm, almost as frustrating as the primed warframes. It was nice that we did Titania, Limbo, Mirage, Inaros and Chroma quests that left you with all the parts to build the warframe, but the Nidus and Octavia quests, despite being long, it just left you with the blueprint and a ton of painful farming. The thing is even if you are blessed by RNG it still requires a decent amount of time to farm. Ivara being the worst to farm despite having no quest, and also the condition to get all 3 vualts to even get 1 chance to get 1 part out of 3 of them. 

I really hope that farming for new future warframes won't be as fustrating as these recent ones when it comes to farming, everytime i start farming them i end up stopping a session and just consider buying the warframe. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by SwordMasterZoro-EN-
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

The one thing I've started to notice in warframe is that regular warframes are starting to get harder to farm, almost as hard as the primed warframes. It was nice that we did Titania, Limbo, Mirage, Inaros and Chroma quests that left you with all the parts to build the warframe, but the Nidus and Octavia quests, despite being long, it just left you with the blueprint and a ton of painful farming. The thing is even if you are blessed by RNG it still requires a decent amount of time to farm. Ivara being the worst to farm despite having no quest, and also the condition to get all 3 vualts to even get 1 chance to get 1 part out of 3 of them. 

I really hope that farming for new future warframes won't be as fustrating as these recent ones when it comes to farming, everytime i start farming them i end up stopping a session and just consider buying the warframe

What do you guys think?

That is DE's goal. They got too greedy nowadays sadly.

• Like 2

Just now, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

I really hope they aren't becoming like that, I mean i don't mind supporting them or coughing up money for primed access but these are just regular warframes

I don't see them stopping :(, but I didn't even bother with Nidus nor with Octavia. I miss the good old "farm x y boss for all parts" to get z frame. Sure it was still farming but not as painful as the recent ones.

• Like 5

They don't always create the game from a veteran PoV. There are many easy to get, and the most advanced frames are difficult to get. It's that simple really. 

Also, if you're a vet you should have acquired enough items to trade for plat and buy frames without any effort. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Let's put it like this. DE nowadays really takes a long time to make new Warframes. We received three or four last year. Three or four new non-Prime warframes in the entire year. 365 days.

And, during those 365 days, I had to spend a dozen missions farming Nidus... is that really an issue? Is a dozen missions really that huge of a deal?

I was honestly happy that DB had given me a reason to go back to a Moon Exterminate, or to a Derelict Survival. I want more of this sort of Warframe drops.

8 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

I really hope that farming for new future warframes won't be as fustrating as these recent ones when it comes to farming, everytime i start farming them i end up stopping a session and just consider buying the warframe. 

I feel the same, but I won't buy a regular warframe without knowing if I will like it. I'd rather have old style quests more focused on the frame (not that Octavia's Anthem is bad, but it has very little of Octavia) which give all the parts needed.

Just now, XRosenkreuz said:

That awkward moment when a company is accused of being greedy because they make something marginally difficult to get for free.

Lol.

"Oh no, this might take me a dozen missions! Of this free game which I love! THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!"

Honestly i don't see the problem, both Octavia and Nidus where easy to farm. Should i remember you back in the "Glorius Days" as you call them, how hard it was to obtain Banshee?

We ran out of planets and bosses to drop basic warframes, so they need to put them somewhere.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

Lol.

"Oh no, this might take me a dozen missions! Of this free game which I love! THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!"

The one thing about warframe is that despite farming through missions, the missions are fun, but given that some people are either blessed or cursed by the RNG then it becomes fustrating or a walk in the park, but why should you have to go through a long quest only to get 1 part then farm the rest through RNG based drops that will most likely not take a dozen missions

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Lol.

I find it strange how much people hate playing the game... When the main objective to playing this game is .... playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Honestly i don't see the problem, both Octavia and Nidus where easy to farm. Should i remember you back in the "Glorius Days" as you call them, how hard it was to obtain Banshee?

We ran out of planets and bosses to drop basic warframes, so they need to put them somewhere.

If they were easy for you thats nice, but most people aren't that fortunate, especially for those who play it solo. i ended up getting Ivara 4 months after she released and i barely use her now. Thing is Nidus wasn't hard for me but for others it was painfull, also the index quest was really not that great. What i'm saying is its starting to feel more fustrating now that quest frames are also farmable on the map and now its just the blueprint that comes out of the quest.

Personally, i see no problem with the farming system. It's just down to luck. If you get screwed, you get screwed, oh well. Try it again later. Personally, I've bought most of my frames, then sold them, because i'm dumb like that. But after awhile, i started farming for all the frames i had bought and sold. It's fun farming for frames, especially if it takes hours on end to get that one part. Then it at least feels like you accomplished something in a farming game. 
And if you ask me, you all complain too much. It's called farming for a reason. Not everything will go right 100% of the time. They need to focus on the bugs and glitches in the game instead of contributing to making the game a wittle bit easier :( :( 

I haven't had an issue with any of the newer farms.  I actually like Spy (and am good enough at them) that Ivara was easy to get.  Nidus wasn't that hard and apart from not being able to speed run it quite as easily as some bosses, wasn't really any different from that grind (same mission over and over in either case).  At least for Octavia you can alternate between two different missions at first.

Anyone else here old enough to remember the pre-Nekros days of farming frames?  Back when killing a boss didn't guarantee a part dropping and if it did you actually had to go pick it up (no Carrier/Vacuum back then either) and if it fell into a respawn pit, tough, or if your host already had that part and decided to quit instead of bothering to go to extraction, tough, no part for you!  Ah, those halcyon days of 3 months to farm Frost, normal Frost, not Prime, I got the Prime way quicker...

Just now, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

especially for those who play it solo

Warframe is an ONLINE COOP game, if you play solo, bad for you.

1 minute ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

What i'm saying is its starting to feel more fustrating now that quest frames are also farmable on the map and now its just the blueprint that comes out of the quest.

And with that i'm ok with you. Quests should give the entire frame (like inaros.. limbo...) but that does not mean that "farming for them in the map is Satanism against players , forcing them to exchange their souls for platinum"

22 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

Ivara being the worst to farm despite having no quest, and also the condition to get all 3 vualts to even get 1 chance to get 1 part out of 3 of them.

Ivara landed in my lap passively whilst farming for my +damage+stat mods. MUCH better than others that offer no other incentive besides the frame parts.

There are some reason why the frames harder to get. First what above many peoples said the money because the harder u get a frame and the harder rng implement in the better for them because the less patient peoples or unlucky peoples most certainly will buying the frames. The quest side is nice because that is make some progress but in other hand locking frames into unwanted quests and content what not everybody will likes it and this is bad for in long term. Forcing peoples to do what not really like cause burn out and rages because they cannot guarantee content for everyone so they are just focus on content for the majority.

Some peoples complaining there are hard stuffs and they are partly right because the RNG is means random numbers which can be 1-100% in chances but there is nothing fixed loot in game except few beginner content as excpetion. Others contra with those whom cries just want to get everything free but it is not true just everyone want a reasonable work for any content loot and not grindfests for nothing. 

This game should improve in this part otherwise it will sink sooner or later in the similar games world.

That is not an excuse they need to eat because we are players too and those whom have job and salary also needs to eat and others whom still studying or jobless peoples. They can sell cosmetic items but their recent changes just show how they went to the milking side. Partly because they bought up by the Chinese company and in return they need their money back so the game should be profitable and currently the only thing is selling things in game as purchasable contents. I never was fan of any free to play model because in a free to play you pay minimum 5 times as much as you spend on any one time purchases game.

They doesn't complaining they cannot eat if you not buy their game in free to play models the developers always cry and many company follow this business model. 

There could be fix loots and skins for purchases like in lol back in time but I heard nowadays that game aswell went to the pay to win side. The idea of purchasing skins only as cosmetics and let the items free to get probably would be better but then they cannot generate as much money as much they can now just use the frustrated peoples as money bag.