The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts about Snipetron and Machete removal...

xS0nico

Honestly, the Lore.thing for deleting the Snipetron is...kinda lazy and extreme. 
Why not turn into a Tenno Gun? Or, make that it's a prototype of the Lanka, since they share the same model and texture? 
Or maybe something related to Simaris...

And...why the machete got deleted? I didn't find the motivation behind it...

Why we can't get those weapons in the normal way?
No, not event, no Limited-Time...just like...buy the BP in the Market, or droppable, like the Boar and Gorgon BP?
They're not gamebreaking at all, even the variation of those 2 weapons are really low tier, so...

Edited by xS0nico

You're waaaaaay late on this one.

Removing the Snipertron isn't lazy. It's a ballistic weapon that looks like a Corpus gun. Now it's exclusive while sometimes being available by other means.

The Machete is just a bad weapon. Plus you can still get the Machete Wraith. There are a ton of weapons you can't get anymore. Why're you upset over two low tier weapons?

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Removing the Snipertron isn't lazy. It's a ballistic weapon that looks like a Corpus gun. Now it's exclusive while sometimes being available by other means.

The Machete is just a bad weapon. Plus you can still get the Machete Wraith. There are a ton of weapons you can't get anymore. Why're you upset over two low tier weapons?

maybe because of xp for mr i need normal snipetron too event ,tactical alert i don't care just to got snipetron 

16 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I know.

...Yeah, honestly i find it lazy and extreme.
Because there's actually some solution that could actually prevented that.

The Machete is just a bad weapon. 

That's not a really good motivation, expeccialy when the game is based on "Take the weapon->Exp It to 30->If you like it, max it out with Formas, if you don',t just leave it."

There are a ton of weapons you can't get anymore. 

Whitch weapons?
The only weapons that i know you can't get is Gorgon Wraith, the 2 Vandal Open-Beta Items and the Excalibur Founder.
Since they actually variation, i can deal with that.
But for those 2, which aren't variation? Well...not really.

Why're you upset over two low tier weapons?

Meh, i'm not really upset, just don't understand the motivation behind this.
Also, mastery.

Edited by xS0nico

10 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Honestly, it's lazy, snipetron and machete's removal was so... half-hearted.

well... I want them back too... because well I want their MR points.... unless they don't get added to the points pool I can't get to my highest MR points without them (and technically the founders stuff but I'm ok on them having that 'little extra')

28 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Am I missing something? You are saying "deleted" Are they REALLY deleting weapons???

]\'[

It's not completly "deleted", it's just weapons that you can't get for...reasons. 

- Snipetron was a placeholder weapon that ended up being lore-unfriendly. The actual "snipetron" that you can obtain ingame is the Lanka.

- Machete was one of the several weapons that DE likely decided to "retire" in an experiment to see if they can make a profit off the last-minute purchases (similar to when Team Fortress 2 retired a number of hats from their store).
Like TF2, the experiment was an overwhelming failure, which is why neither game has retired any more items since.

I can get Snipetron not being available, but yeah, Machete being unavailable seems kinda silly. I think it would be pretty funny if they made it a guaranteed reward from Law of Retribution or something-- or, ideally, release it as a Scorpion drop / quest reward if DE decides to ever revamp the machete class.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm pissed about snipetron too... It's litterally the only weapon I'm missing on my PS4 account (well , if you ignore the beta guns and the founder stuff we never got on said platform).

The argument that it's not lore friendly is bogus, especially in a game where you can get a "Snipetron Vandal"... In a game where Valkyr gets a prime, where Helios gets a prime, it seems like the lore is only enfoced when DE feels like it. Heck, the could probably just change the bullet sound and vfx so it feels like energy shots and perhaps slightly upgrade the Lanka model so it gets it's own unique look.

I checked and on PS4. the Snipetron was avialable for less than 3 days since release, if you weren't logged in during these days, you had no chance of getting it... This makes said gun the rarest weapon in warframe by far.

Machete should be added back to alert rotations, or purchasable for 15k credits in the market or something.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

15 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

The argument that it's not lore friendly is bogus, especially in a game where you can get a "Snipetron Vandal"... In a game where Valkyr gets a prime, where Helios gets a prime, it seems like the lore is only enfoced when DE feels like it. Heck, the could probably just change the bullet sound and vfx so it feels like energy shots and perhaps slightly upgrade the Lanka model so it gets it's own unique look

Isn't Helios a Simaris-Item Related?
I don't really see the problem with Valkyr Prime, since they said that every WF can be primed. 

Other that, i agree with your solution.

• 2 weeks later...

you also have to remember. Boar and gorgon you couldnt get for the longest time either. same iwth dual ether daggers,and i think glaive (for a time after the removal of log in rewards) yet those got added back in in someway. Give DE some time and machete will be returned. now Snipetron. that was removed and replaced with lanka (now its an exclusive from an older time before DE figured they could re-design/rebrand weapons. that gets returned here and there regardless)

Edited by Ordosan

Is the annoyance of "removal" based on missing out on MR?

MR requirement are non-linear. Getting from MR20 to MR30 would require TWICE of all the content we have had in the last 4 years. At that rate, MR30 might be possible in 2021 IF you actually got every single thing possible.

Caring about MR is like caring about missing out on getting another day added to the counter because you were unable to log on. Both mechanics are not designed for your enjoyment or convenience, they are a Skinner Box mechanic to condition you to become a paying customer.

By the time MR30 comes around, DE will already have in place another "new" mechanic to replace it, after all, they don't want people thinking "I got to MR30, I've won the game, time for a new game" ... that is, if the game is even still running in 2021.