Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

Limbo doing !! 0 dmg on sortie. This should not be posseble cz u told us he would do % per hp dmg. How can he do 0 dmg? An other thing how can limbo deal minus 323 dmg? Is he healing enemys?

and an other 0 dmg pic from limbo - as u can see on both pic there are more then 20 enemys around him and he cant kill even one enemy with 29 - 189 dmg (that 0 dmg ...dont talk about).

Is limbo now working as intended?

just get out from his range and stuff.

Limbo is more suited for solo missions.

His skills only nullified by the existence of nullifier which is means he is undefeatable by infested and grineer (of course on some certain missions that require lockdown)

1 minute ago, Samuel_sfx said:

He want limbo to play solo in the squad

26 minutes ago, Viscerataunt said:

I would rather not have anything to do with the rift plane when I'm not playing limbo

what. If he wanted Limbo to "play solo in the squad" then he would of told that Limbo something along the lines of *go away from us / go do something else* 

He doesn't want to be a part of the rift when not playing Limbo, simple as that.

25 minutes ago, Viscerataunt said:

I know that limbo has been talked about a lot, with his rework and the cataclysm nerf but hear me out.

Limbo is a great frame...when you are playing him. Stasis/cataclysm is fun to use and watching what unfolds afterwards is great. With that said, being on the team of a limbo using these abilities is a different story. I lose affinity and bullets while shooting at anything that is in stasis because i have no control over the ability myself, which is not fun, its aggravating. Because of how it affects the other team mates I don't use them in public games, which kind of detracts from the purpose of the game.

I would rather not have anything to do with the rift plane when I'm not playing limbo, let that be limbo's territory and no longer an uncontrollable frustration for the rest of the people using other frames.

take a note..cataclysm not nerfed. it was fixed. its not intended to work like that.

you know that when you decide to play with pubs..you need to handle whatever retards bring to you. Either they hack into front door in sortie rescue, quitting sortie spy after triggering alarm, leeching in boss assasination. You need to be flexible as a player.

Note, if you are playing with limbo for whatever mission is, take the advantages you can. Not all missions designed to kill mobs.

1 minute ago, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

what. If he wanted Limbo to "play solo in the squad" then he would of told that Limbo something along the lines of *go away from us / go do something else* 

He doesn't want to be a part of the rift when not playing Limbo, simple as that.

so u think u can touch the enemy when all the mobs casted into rift plane bcos of limbo 3? do u even play limbo?

4 minutes ago, Samuel_sfx said:

so u think u can touch the enemy when all the mobs casted into rift plane bcos of limbo 3? do u even play limbo?

When did I ever say that I can attack enemies in the rift when I'm not in it, you clearly can't read. 

Edited by (PS4)iDiabolicax

Right now Limbo dictates your plane state for you, you have no say on the matter even if you roll (repeatedly ad nauseam until the end of time forever after). While you're in his hood you have to follow his rules, you're expected to comply one way or another. The degree of control that he exerts over you, whether it be your playstyle, your ability to use objects, what your weapons can damage, etc has far crossed the line from what should be considered tolerable at this point.

If other players in a squad can anchor their own plane state when Limbo's abilities are in play, I think it will be much less disruptive and far more beneficial to coop. For this to happen, all Limbo's abilities relating to bringing allies in and out of the Rift need to be adjusted accordingly. This is what I think could work better:

• Rift Walk portal, Banish, and Cataclysm all provide a single unified buff called "Rift", which lasts for 30 seconds and is not modified by Power Duration.
  • While active, Rift buff allows ally players to use roll and backflip to toggle themselves between the Material or Rift Plane. The buff will remain until it expires, at which point it will simply put the ally players back to the material plane.
  • Rift Walk portal applies the Rift buff like it does with its "Banish" buff, effectively buffing its duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds for more time to use or not use the Rift.
  • Banish will now simply applies the Rift buff to allies when ally players are caught in the wave. It can no longer force plane state change on players after the Rift buff is applied on them. Friendly AI can still be manually swapped planes using Banish to save its precision functionality.
  • Players inside Cataclysm receive the Rift buff. Even inside Cataclysm, ally players can toggle back to the material plane by rolling or backflipping, and Cataclysm will not force them into the Rift again unless the Rift buff expires.

So this buff is like a passive from Limbo's abilities given to allies, allowing them control over their own plane state. Simply put, an actual opt-in opt-out that lasts. Not the current annoying opt-out but Limbo decides to opt you back in a second later crap.

34 minutes ago, Samuel_sfx said:

just get out from his range and stuff.

Limbo is more suited for solo missions.

His skills only nullified by the existence of nullifier which is means he is undefeatable by infested and grineer (of course on some certain missions that require lockdown)

I would rather have a portable nullifier around my area all the time (even if i couldn't use abilities) than be in the rift with a limbo that has stasis activated. At least then my shots wouldn't go to waste and my affinity wouldn't be affected by an ability i have no control over.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

Yes, if limbo were able to do his thing while not including me so I don't need to work around him or his abilities I would be fine.

31 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Right now Limbo dictates your plane state for you, you have no say on the matter even if you roll (repeatedly ad nauseam until the end of time forever after). While you're in his hood you have to follow his rules, you're expected to comply one way or another. The degree of control that he exerts over you, whether it be your playstyle, your ability to use objects, what your weapons can damage, etc has far crossed the line from what should be considered tolerable at this point.

If other players in a squad can anchor their own plane state when Limbo's abilities are in play, I think it will be much less disruptive and far more beneficial to coop. For this to happen, all Limbo's abilities relating to bringing allies in and out of the Rift need to be adjusted accordingly. This is what I think could work better:

• Rift Walk portal, Banish, and Cataclysm all provide a single unified buff called "Rift", which lasts for 30 seconds and is not modified by Power Duration.
  • While active, Rift buff allows ally players to use roll and backflip to toggle themselves between the Material or Rift Plane. The buff will remain until it expires, at which point it will simply put the ally players back to the material plane.
  • Rift Walk portal applies the Rift buff like it does with its "Banish" buff, effectively buffing its duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds for more time to use or not use the Rift.
  • Banish will now simply applies the Rift buff to allies when ally players are caught in the wave. It can no longer force plane state change on players after the Rift buff is applied on them. Friendly AI can still be manually swapped planes using Banish to save its precision functionality.
  • Players inside Cataclysm receive the Rift buff. Even inside Cataclysm, ally players can toggle back to the material plane by rolling or backflipping, and Cataclysm will not force them into the Rift again unless the Rift buff expires.

So this buff is like a passive from Limbo's abilities given to allies, allowing them control over their own plane state. Simply put, an actual opt-in opt-out that lasts. Not the current annoying opt-out but Limbo decides to opt you back in a second later crap.

Completely agree with the first paragraph. The rift buff idea sounds like a nice touch and would get rid of some of the cataclysm mishaps. Although being able to switch planes while in cataclysm stasis would still be active with enemies in the rift, that means the 10k+ affinity from the enemies locked in stasis because the limbo doesn't want to deal with them might go to waste (along with ammo from countless attempts at damaging them).

2 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Really? Since 2013, I've had a Loki switch teleport me one time, and it's because I was lingering near extraction.

POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP in and out of the Rift takes first place, as far as I'm concerned. Would love to know which genius failed to think that through.

Ash is a neutered waste saddled with a lame AFK slide show ultimate. BAD. DESIGN. But then maybe you'd love to see every frame have to manually select targets for any AoE damage? I hear pro gamers really have the hots for that mechanic.

U toggle it on... Can use all ur other abilities and weapons while ur targeting, then click boom. Enemies are toast. Maybe u should play tetris or something that doesn't require any thought or skill.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

U toggle it on... Can use all ur other abilities and weapons while ur targeting, then click boom. Enemies are toast. Maybe u should play tetris or something that doesn't require any thought or skill.

You poor thing, so easily wounded by another's opinions, with a fragile ego dominate by a deep-seated inferiority complex and feelings of inadequacy you try desperately to escape with your anonymous tough-guy online persona. I really feel for you.

14 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

You poor thing, so easily wounded by another's opinions, with a fragile ego dominate by a deep-seated inferiority complex and feelings of inadequacy you try desperately to escape with your anonymous tough-guy online persona. I really feel for you.

Chill out jeez, everybody has their own opinion, I for one think ash is fine, bladestorm isn't some average AOE, the ability deals finisher damage alongside a 100% bleed proc that lasts for a whole 9 secs, which also bypass armor, so not only do you have an ability that deals two of the best damage types(finisher/slash) but it also scales with the melee combo multiplier, you can take out lvl 100 corrupted heavy Gunners/bombard in just a couple of seconds with the right setup. So honestly the long animations for bladestorm is suppose to balance it out. I played ash ever since he was dropped from tyl regor and I still love him. People just need to play him for all his abilities and not his 4, but that's a lot to ask out of this community nowadays.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

Chill out jeez, everybody has their own opinion, I for one think ash is fine, bladestorm isn't some average AOE, the ability deals finisher damage alongside a 100% bleed proc that lasts for a whole 9 secs, which also bypass armor, so not only do you have an ability that deals two of the best damage types(finisher/slash) but it also scales with the melee combo multiplier, you can take out lvl 100 corrupted heavy Gunners/bombard in just a couple of seconds with the right setup. So honestly the long animations for bladestorm is suppose to balance it out. I played ash ever since he was dropped from tyl regor and I still love him.

And with the augment and sum heavily modded venka primes...u can tear thtough lvl 100+ enemies with ease:)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

And with the augment and sum heavily modded venka primes...u can tear thtough lvl 100+ enemies with ease:)

Don't get me started on how ridiculously powerful bladestorm's damage is when you take advantage of venka Prime's modified combo multiplier. Anyway, limbo is in a position where nobody wants to be in the same squad as him, his stasis makes his teammates use melee whether they like it or not. He is better off being played solo now.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

I wish they would replace the damage of Cataclysm's collapse with a 1 second stun that opens enemies to melee finishers. A second of stun doesn't sound like much but when combined with Rift Surge to keep enemies in the rift and Stasis to keep time in the rift frozen, 1 second can become 45 seconds. This lets Limbo quickly clean up enemies by using melee finishers on them.

6 hours ago, O.O_ said:

Was that the second sortie mission? If so, I have the exact same problem atm... except that it doesn't seem like it's limbo but the map itself. Normally I have constant 85 fps(solo) 70-85 fps(coop), in that mission I have around 50 fps all the time, no matter what ability i use.

In my footage you can see how fps drops from 45 to ~33 right after i recast rift surge. Was getting stable 60 fps for the entire duration of mission proir to mdef itself.  But spikes and fps drops starts right after i trap huge amout of enemies in statis+rift surge. Fps rised again after i started runing to the extraction, coz there was no enemy affected by rift surge in sight anymore. Just to confirm it i start the mission again with invis loki, and was just runing around that room where you defence pod-nothing, stable 60 fps.