Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One minor question.

DaveOneGo

Question

So I recently defeat the Hyen Pack on Neptune and I wanted your opinion on Loki. I am almost making him (just need to finish the parts) and maybe I'll try him.

Is it worth it? I mean, the clever choices to toy with him is somewhat awesome, but is it worth it? I mean I like the kind of ''smart playing'' style type, but I just need your opinion. From what I've heard, saw, and read, his damage charts are good, his mobility is interesting and his distracting techniques are good? That's MY opinion and I need mostly your ideas too! So from Wukong and Loki, who'd be better? I can make them both, but the real problem is here is the Warframe Slot for me. I don't have the money to get, and I need to save space.

Thanks for reading this!

Your doodlie wigidly friend, David.

10 answers to this question

Loki masterrace
Just need the right build

perma invisibility: exterminate, sabotage, capture, spy, rescue, survivals, assasinations
full range with irradiating disarm: interceptions, defense, mobile defense

and between loki and wukogn i'll go for loki, definitely worth it

Well, let's take a look. His 1 can distract enemies from attacking you, your allies and often times, defense objectives. His 2 is a really good duration cloak, second only to Ivara in terms of duration, second to none in distance you can traverse in one cloak. His 3 is the one ability on the less useful side but you can use it in combination with your 1 to teleport past some laser barriers or you can just put an augment on it and make your allies invulnerable for some time. His 4 is what makes him as high of a tier as he is. Radial Disarm makes the likes of Bombards and Heavy Gunners as threatening as Butchers plus the augment makes them fight eachother.

TLDR; He can distract even bosses from gunning allies down, go invisible and not get shot, move actoss the map real fast while avoiding traps with relative ease, make allies invulnerable and remove all enemy guns that are not under a nullifier bubble and with the augment you can force these enemies into a slap fight.

"Is Loki worth using?" depends on wether or not you like his kind of playstyle.

Decoy is really useful when you're using the augment Savior Decoy, to save yourself. I've swapped Loki with Octavia's when in term of Invisibilty, full duration Metronome can outlast Loki's Invis, except yeah, Ivara. Switch Teleport for saving your dudes or your ownself from crowd. Radial Disarm, one of the most useful abilities in-game, plus with its augment.

Loki is a very versatile frame for every mission. Still the best frame for me.

Regardless of whether you end up liking the play style, always try a new frame out ^^

Loki is one of the oldest frames in game, and one of the most reliable. He can, because of his Radial Disarm, trivialise later game content, while his invisibility is incredibly easy to use and his teleport can save you from a large amount of grief. Even though the low health of Decoy can be an issue later on, it's still always useful for temporarily drawing aggro off you.

One of the most important things that Loki will do for you, though? Teach you how to play this game better. His low health teaches you about evasion, cover and placement. His invisibility teaches you about stealth attacks, the stealth multiplier counter, and opens up worlds of Affinity farming for later on in the game when you need that in greater volumes... it also teaches you about how to revive team members when things are tough; an invisible Loki reviving a player means that the player shooting things while on the ground draws aggro and get you killed, you'll learn to get them not to shoot things while being revived, and it also shows you that having two players dealing damage and providing CC elsewhere makes your job far, far easier than if they all clustered round to save four seconds of time and got taken out with a single rocket. You'll learn a lot by taking Loki out for a few long runs with your team.

Pick him up, even if you don't personally use him all that much, he's a solid frame for all levels of play.

On 4/8/2017 at 11:00 PM, DaveOneGo said:

So I recently defeat the Hyen Pack on Neptune and I wanted your opinion on Loki. I am almost making him (just need to finish the parts) and maybe I'll try him.

Is it worth it? I mean, the clever choices to toy with him is somewhat awesome, but is it worth it? I mean I like the kind of ''smart playing'' style type, but I just need your opinion. From what I've heard, saw, and read, his damage charts are good, his mobility is interesting and his distracting techniques are good? That's MY opinion and I need mostly your ideas too! So from Wukong and Loki, who'd be better? I can make them both, but the real problem is here is the Warframe Slot for me. I don't have the money to get, and I need to save space.

Thanks for reading this!

Your doodlie wigidly friend, David.

You will need loki for sure. specially spy and rescue missions

You will need him considering he is amongst the most viable frames alongside being the top useful frame in the current state of the game. In terms of ranking he is number one.

Edited by Riaxyron

Loki is one of the most verities and therefor useful frames in the game.

The problem with Loki for a new player might be that he really needs mod investment to back him up and that might not be easily attained yet.

Wukong is a fighting frame, he's damn near impossible to kill and has a panic button just in case.

Loki and Wukong are very different frames for different purpose and play styles. Wukong is more of a solo frame. Loki is both group and solo utility.

All of Lokis abilities scale endlessly because they require no damage.  Range and/or duration is all you need, depending on the mission type and if you are soloing.  His abilities can be helpful to a party too if used right.  His disarm can keep heavy damage off of you and your teammates and his decoy can keep damage off of the target you are protecting.  Also, an invisible loki can Crack spy vaults faster than any frame if you know your way around them, thanks to his speed and invisibility.  

Switch teleport is really situational and potentially trolly.  But it can help if you have a downed teammate.