Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unanounced Sarpa and Sancti Castanas nerf

Dalicris

I've commented on the weapons feedback on this, and it even got some likes, and I hoped that it would be resolved in the last update, but nope, so here it is:

Dear DE,

You have nerfed 2 weapons that were quite obscure and unpopular already, which are my 1st favorite secondary and 2nd favorite melee, so I was quite upset, especially considering they were definitely not op nor did they hurt anyone. Sancti Castanas and Sarpa. 

Sancti Castanas now explode in a succession, making them much weaker for stealth kills as only the first Castana gets the stealth bonus since it alarms the target before the rest explode.

Sarpa now fires one, singular shot instead of bursts of 4-5, making its fire attack pretty worthless, big shame considering the amount of them in the best stance mod for gunblades, Bullet Dance.

Please, please, please make them as they were as, like I said, they weren't op in the first place: I have 2-3 formas on both and I could only effectively deal with lvl 40-50 mobs with them. Now I have trouble with lvl 30 mobs... This is especially weird 'cause I've looked around and haven't seen the changes documented in any updates or hotfixes.

Thanks a lot in advance! Love your game! <3

P.S. Please, please, please, PLEASE add centered camera to the game! I freakin' hate shoulder camera and even after 1,4k hours in this marvelous game, it still ruins the experience for me quite a bit, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I don't wanna sound like an A******, but I'm sure it's not even that complicated, only, like, 2-3 lines of code(I've done such fixes in games before). PLEASE! I would be absolutely happy if you did.

Sarpa sounds like a bug to me, it's basically supposed to be a 'burst shot' redeemer so if it's only shooting one bullet then something is off.

Sancti Castanas... honestly can't say I noticed that they went off together but it makes sense as it's a single trigger.

So, just to make things clear: Stealth nerfs don't happen. Where do people get the idea that things get "quietly nerfed" into being unusable?

This is a bug, and belongs in the bug reports forum. It's probably known, at least the Sarpa, because that's been reported multiple times. I have not heard of the Castanas thing, but I'm sure this is a bug; there's no reason for them to detonate in order.

Post in bug reports, they'll fix it soon. "Stealth nerf!" doesn't help anyone.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

14 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I think the Castanas thing is a change that was made for performance reasons. I think the Penta was the specific example weapon they mentioned in the related note, though.

This. And I hate it because I can't even comprehend how either of these having everything detonated at once caused performance issues. It's certainly got gameplay issues now though.

Edited by maj.death

16 hours ago, maj.death said:

This. And I hate it because I can't even comprehend how either of these having everything detonated at once caused performance issues.

It's the constant need to cater for toasters instead of just accepting we need to increase the system requirements for the game.

Hey Tenno! In Update 20 we added a small delay between each explosion when activating the alt-fire on certain weapons to improve performance. This is creating the issue with Sancti Castanas and stealth kills. We are going to take another look and tweak it a little.  

The Sarpa is an issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating.

Edited by [DE]Saske

10 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

The Sarpa is a issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating.

Just knowing its on your radar and you're aware of the issue is good enough for me. Thank you!

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! In Update 20 we added a small delay between each explosion when activating the alt-fire on certain weapons to improve performance. This is creating the issue with Sancti Castanas and stealth kills. We are going to take another look and tweak it a little.  

The Sarpa is an issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating.

Another thing is it seems ferrox has had it's damage reduced without explanation. Went from 2k-ish puncture with the mods ( serration, split chamber, piercing caliber, all max rank)  I have on it, to 675 puncture, despite the build being the same.

Just getting this on your radar as well.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's the constant need to cater for toasters instead of just accepting we need to increase the system requirements for the game.

I have a 6 year old, crappy laptop and all Castanas exploding at once never cause any issue for me what so ever.

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

Thank you very much for your response! Take your time, I'm just happy it's being worked on. As for performance, like I said to another person: I have a 6 year old, quite weak laptop and all Castanas exploding at once never caused me any issues.

5 minutes ago, Krylia_Viru said:

Another thing is it seems ferrox has had it's damage reduced without explanation. Went from 2k-ish puncture with the mods ( serration, split chamber, piercing caliber, all max rank)  I have on it, to 675 puncture, despite the build being the same.

Just getting this on your radar as well.

extingwished dragonkey maybe?

On 4/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, FelisImpurrator said:

So, just to make things clear: Stealth nerfs don't happen. Where do people get the idea that things get "quietly nerfed" into being unusable?

This is a bug, and belongs in the bug reports forum. It's probably known, at least the Sarpa, because that's been reported multiple times. I have not heard of the Castanas thing, but I'm sure this is a bug; there's no reason for them to detonate in order.

Post in bug reports, they'll fix it soon. "Stealth nerf!" doesn't help anyone.

Was confirmed a while back that certain shotguns had their range stealth nerfed. Hek (and Vaykor) used to have the longest drop off range of all shotties and all had a min 50% damage. Now if a remember correctly, Hek series has the shortest range and min damage is all over the place with some as low as 15-20%. Just saying, the community isn't all tinfoil hatting.