The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rejected emblem and missing plat.

1 hour ago, HyokaChan said:

Forget licensing, we got people with Sharingan and all those references to media series. I'm pretty sure it got rejected for being the wrong size.

Uhhh are you agreeing with me? Because I never said anything about licensing lol. Unless you mis-quoted.

5 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

*watches as people try to defend this scummy practice*

I can see the point of taking a portion of the plat so that people can't just keep spamming emblem. At the same time, taking all of it is scummy in my eyes. I believe taking 50 of that 200 plat away is fair. 

I believe people who make purchases without researching the fine print, and paying for it, is fair.  There's nothing scummy about this.  You can literally make 200 plat in a few days without paying anything.  So unless you're the guy who just buys everything with real money, then this shouldn't be scummy at all. 

Apparently, Video Games make you smarter guys.

13 hours ago, -Vondred- said:

I believe people who make purchases without researching the fine print, and paying for it, is fair.  There's nothing scummy about this.  You can literally make 200 plat in a few days without paying anything.  So unless you're the guy who just buys everything with real money, then this shouldn't be scummy at all. 

Apparently, Video Games make you smarter guys.

You're the only one sitting there talking about "real money". Platinum doesn't come about without someone paying "real money", in case you didn't know. Okay, you feel that it isn't scummy to take 200 platinum from you for an evaluation fee, in which DE doesn't make use of. Just takes it all from you. That's dandy. I love people who enjoy getting finessed. I'm sure DE does too. 

6 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

You're the only one sitting there talking about "real money". Platinum doesn't come about without someone paying "real money", in case you didn't know. Okay, you feel that it isn't scummy to take 200 platinum from you for an evaluation fee, in which DE doesn't make use of. Just takes it all from you. That's dandy. I love people who enjoy getting finessed. I'm sure DE does too. 

Ok, you dont read fine print, rules, directions before you make a purchase.  Then blame the company for your loss.  On the subject of scummy...

4 minutes ago, -Vondred- said:

Ok, you dont read fine print, rules, directions before you make a purchase.  Then blame the company for your loss.  On the subject of scummy...

If you've read my comments made in response to other people, you would have noticed that I wasn't blaming DE for the situation. I commented on their policy period, which I felt to be scummy. Taking all of the platinum seems a bit much, and I think it's the scummy side of it. I proposed taking 1/4th of the platinum instead. What more do you wish to debate about? Do you honestly think they should take all 200p just for a chance to get an emblem for your clan to be accepted? 

Edited by Ameijin-Grey

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Farwulf said:

Do they at least let you know when it's rejected? I uploaded one almost a week ago and have heard no news on if it is good or not. It should be good because I made it myself with my own design but I'm unsure because I heard nothing back from anyone. 

Could  be late do to updates. Could always write them.

On April 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

If you've read my comments made in response to other people, you would have noticed that I wasn't blaming DE for the situation. I commented on their policy period, which I felt to be scummy. Taking all of the platinum seems a bit much, and I think it's the scummy side of it. I proposed taking 1/4th of the platinum instead. What more do you wish to debate about? Do you honestly think they should take all 200p just for a chance to get an emblem for your clan to be accepted? 

The reason the do it has to come down to real money and getting paid next time i tread more carfully. 

On 4/15/2017 at 4:10 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

Well, if I'm  an idiot and I don't read the rules,  and use an inappropriate or copywritten image, then sure.  Take it all.  It's my fault for not following directions. 

On 4/15/2017 at 4:10 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

Taking all of the platinum seems a bit much, and I think it's the scummy side of it. I proposed taking 1/4th of the platinum instead. What more do you wish to debate about? Do you honestly think they should take all 200p just for a chance to get an emblem for your clan to be accepted? 

The plat is the fee for review of a clan emblem. It has nothing to do with getting an emblem.

With the ability of users to create content there must be control as DE can become liable for in-game imagery and presentation. They aren't liable for actions or words of their players, but if you say allowed players to create images of their own design, and people upload liscened property, mature content, slurs, or other hateful material it can make you, as a company, look bad.

So they have to oversee it, but that means they have to pay someone to look over the images submitted and okay them. That is all you are paying for, regardless of acceptance the reviewer did their job. Services were rendered. If I pay to get a property inspected to clear it for a housing code, and the inspector comes back saying it doesn't pass, I still owe him the fee for inspecting my property.

I honestly don't see what people don't understand about this.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:10 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

Man are you in for a shock when you get out into the real world and have to start paying for things.

On 4/22/2017 at 3:33 AM, FairyTael said:

The plat is the fee for review of a clan emblem. It has nothing to do with getting an emblem.

With the ability of users to create content there must be control as DE can become liable for in-game imagery and presentation. They aren't liable for actions or words of their players, but if you say allowed players to create images of their own design, and people upload liscened property, mature content, slurs, or other hateful material it can make you, as a company, look bad.

So they have to oversee it, but that means they have to pay someone to look over the images submitted and okay them. That is all you are paying for, regardless of acceptance the reviewer did their job. Services were rendered. If I pay to get a property inspected to clear it for a housing code, and the inspector comes back saying it doesn't pass, I still owe him the fee for inspecting my property.

I honestly don't see what people don't understand about this.

DE doesn't pay their employees with Platinum. Your argument is invalid. 

On 24/04/2017 at 1:22 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

DE doesn't pay their employees with Platinum. Your argument is invalid. 

Platinum is a premium in-game currency with a real world dollar attached to it.

There are a variety of reasons why using your own in-game created currency over a raw dollar is preferable for transactions within the game for services related to the game.

Currency sinks to reduce inflation, circumventing repeated sales taxation, establishing a secondary pricing system gauged directly into the distributor's favor, etc.

My point is completely valid, you just don't agree with it for frivolous reasons.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed CoC violation

On 14-4-2017 at 9:31 PM, Ameijin-Grey said:

That's fair. They did say it in their terms of service, so it's technically not illegal. From my comment, I was poking at the moral side of things. 

Considering the OP ripped a licensed religious symbol, in the incorrect size also I might add, and didn't bother properly reading the terms of submitting a clan emblem.. which would have told him clear cut that he was going to see it get rejected. I find it entirely fair both legally and morally.

As has been said, he's not ''purchasing'' a clan emblem, he's paying the price that DE has put on having a clan emblem reviewed, and if accepted, implemented for his clan. OP messed up, and thus got rejected. Simple as that, nothing scummy. They even state VERY clearly to not take the risk with any even remotely questionable emblem submission.

DE has taken every precaution to properly alert a player, to make sure the chance of rejection, if they act and read properly, is minimal. It's not some shady money grabbing machine, it's a service provided the moment DE has one of their employees review an emblem.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:14 PM, Artorius-Alter said:

Considering the OP ripped a licensed religious symbol, in the incorrect size also I might add, and didn't bother properly reading the terms of submitting a clan emblem.. which would have told him clear cut that he was going to see it get rejected. I find it entirely fair both legally and morally.

As has been said, he's not ''purchasing'' a clan emblem, he's paying the price that DE has put on having a clan emblem reviewed, and if accepted, implemented for his clan. OP messed up, and thus got rejected. Simple as that, nothing scummy. They even state VERY clearly to not take the risk with any even remotely questionable emblem submission.

DE has taken every precaution to properly alert a player, to make sure the chance of rejection, if they act and read properly, is minimal. It's not some shady money grabbing machine, it's a service provided the moment DE has one of their employees review an emblem.

Right, because DE pays their employees with in-game currency. What, do they gather around and distribute the incoming platinum made from transactions like that by the end of the week? No really, tell me. 

On 25/04/2017 at 7:52 PM, FairyTael said:

Platinum is a premium in-game currency with a real world dollar attached to it.

There are a variety of reasons why using your own in-game created currency over a raw dollar is preferable for transactions within the game for services related to the game.

Currency sinks to reduce inflation, circumventing repeated sales taxation, establishing a secondary pricing system gauged directly into the distributor's favor, etc.

My point is completely valid, you just don't agree with it for frivolous reasons.

Simply saying that your point is valid doesn't make it so. You're trying to make a point of having to pay for a service with currency, however that currency isn't useable beyond Warframe. It is not a 1:1 ratio of worth outside of the game. Please stop this foolishness. 

6 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

Right, because DE pays their employees with in-game currency. What, do they gather around and distribute the incoming platinum made from transactions like that by the end of the week? No really, tell me. 

Please.. for the love of god, tell me you're joking..

9 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

Simply saying that your point is valid doesn't make it so. You're trying to make a point of having to pay for a service with currency, however that currency isn't useable beyond Warframe. It is not a 1:1 ratio of worth outside of the game. Please stop this foolishness. 

I've never seen someone so clueless yet so arrogantly confident in being right.

I've already explained, in addition to its real dollar value, a variety of things using platinum over a flat dollar accomplishes. You are just too closeminded and ignorant to understand them.

2 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Please.. for the love of god, tell me you're joking..

No, I'm pretty sure they are just that ignorant.

4 hours ago, FairyTael said:

I've never seen someone so clueless yet so arrogantly confident in being right.

I've already explained, in addition to its real dollar value, a variety of things using platinum over a flat dollar accomplishes. You are just too closeminded and ignorant to understand them.

No, I'm pretty sure they are just that ignorant.

You really didn't explain a variety. You had like, 1 point and that point was to reduce the amount of platinum flowing in the market. A bit of a weak reason to charge 200 platinum for such an essential factor of Clans. 

Edited by Ameijin-Grey