Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

53 minutes ago, WingGun said:

You guys are forgetting that some enemies don't have heads...try triggering some of the headshot arcane enhancements in a infested or corpus mission and you'll see what I mean. Once the frame is released, I bet people will complain it's too hard to use the headshot mechanic, just you watch!

Infested and Corpus Robotics have heads. They just aren't where you expect them to be.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Infested and Corpus Robotics have heads. They just aren't where you expect them to be.

Even drones? Are you sure? Heads are hard to hit on the infested and other corpus robotics as well, compared to a humanoid head.

Edited by WingGun

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's there to add more of a skill cap to the character.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Which can be done in other way and headshot is better suited for warframe actually made based on sniping/precision

This frame is coming out of Edgelord: the syndicate. Headshots are not exactly a surprise

8 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And here comes the guy whose sole purpose is too look for any chance to make snarky comment for easy rep

When you open with you can't understand why there would be headshot synergy unless it has to do with baptism, which makes sense and honestly I think is pretty cool, and then call for it's removal because apparently if you use a gameplay mechanic on one frame you can't use it again, expect snark.

Hello everyone, as many of you may know by now harrows proposed abilities have been changed up as of devstream 93

The reliance on headshots has been significantly reduced, and for me personally.. I really hated his original design. The changes completely changed my perspective on him and now I'm very excited to try him out. (His energy gain skill Thurible? I forget the spelling, but that skill now gives energy on kill as well as on headshot. Which is perfect and depending on it's range may make him an even better energy frame than trinity if modded right.) 

DE, Thank you for listening to initial feedback and reactions, Harrow looks great now and if anything needs to be tweaked it seems like it will just be numbers now rather than function.

1 minute ago, Jakorak said:

This frame is coming out of Edgelord: the syndicate. Headshots are not exactly a surprise

The edgelords prefer stealth though, so headshots are in fact are surprise for them

6 minutes ago, WingGun said:

Even drones? Are you sure? Heads are hard to hit on the infested and other corpus robotics as well, compared to a humanoid head.

Pretty sure osprey have a weak point as well. Should be the tiny light in the midsection. As for the other factions, yeah they're hard to hit because, as humans, were conditioned to know that the head is the weak point. What happens when they aren't humanoid? Aaaah mass confusion! Take MOAs for example. For the longest time I though the thing on top was their head. Nope, just a gun. Their head is the tiny thing just below the gun lol. And infested it's kind of hard to tell since their heads aren't their real heads in most cases. And it's actually a seperate head that's just kind of growing off to the side.

Just now, JSharpie said:

When you open with you can't understand why there would be headshot synergy unless it has to do with baptism, which makes sense and honestly I think is pretty cool, and then call for it's removal because apparently if you use a gameplay mechanic on one frame you can't use it again, expect snark.

Except that i don't ask for removal, i ask for something that is more relevant to the theme. And that's what happens when you make comment for the sake of snarking. In the end you're only displaying your own incompetence.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Pretty sure osprey have a weak point as well. Should be the tiny light in the midsection.

I'm a pleb :sadcry: ...never knew till now. I need to learn about the weak spots for the infested enemies though. I already know about the ancients and the moas though.

Edited by WingGun

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

Except that i don't ask for removal, i ask for something that is more relevant to the theme. And that's what happens when you make comment for the sake of snarking. In the end you're only displaying your own incompetence.

Boy you sure do hold a grudge for a long time. You ask for it's removal in place of something else, that's still asking for it's removal.

Either way, I like the headshot idea, like when a priest presses a cross to the forehead of a possessed victim, and I don't mind religion in my games ;)

I think you're kind of missing the point here.. from what was shown on the devstream you just have to kill 4 enemies to get the energy back from 1 headshot. Which isn't really that hard. Especially since you kill more than 4 enemies per skill cast.. if you're actually doing it right, meaning that you can pretty much keep energy up endlessly so long as the skill is active and so long as you are killing things. It didn't show what rebeccas build was either, for all we know she had 100% power strength so the 25 energy gain may have been base. 

Team play with that addition of energy on kill means that hes just become an energy battery almost if not easier to use than trinity as all you have to do is charge it up and let the dps do their thing without the need for spamming it. 

Solo, you'll still be able to just throw it down, press q, shoot all the things. and repeat. 

>.> hes also about as fitting to a priest theme as radiation is to a nature theme. or a cleric theme. Or a minotaur theme. >.> with skills all named after priest things. Hallowed ground? Its not like DE havent mixed themes up in the past... oberon... And I don't know about you but priests seem to enjoy using guns. At least in all the witch hunter/ vampire hunter/ monster hunting movies like Van Helsing

Edited by LuckyCharm

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Boy you sure do hold a grudge for a long time. You ask for it's removal in place of something else, that's still asking for it's removal.

Either way, I like the headshot idea, like when a priest presses a cross to the forehead of a possessed victim, and I don't mind religion in my games ;)

Nah, i'm just cutting through the end rather playing your passive aggressive routine. And you sure like your straw grasping, even if i meant remove, removing something irrelevant in place for something better and suitable is not a bad thing. Not sure why you're hoping you can use that against me.

12 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

It's a quote from Arin Hanson.

But if you knew he has a grudge against you, yet don't want to aggravate him, why would you put that sarcastic criticism, which originated from a comedian, Arin Hanson? xD

Edit: Ah I forgot, it's the internet forums. Some people rather post inconsiderate stuff on the game's forums than play and have fun with the game. My bad. 

It's not that hard to criticize someone, man doesn't it feel good? ;)

Edited by WingGun

He got much much better since devstream 92.

- First ability looks much better visually.

- Second ability is crazy good heal, considering Tenno's damage output.

- Third ability is pretty good for energy regen, not as good at one from Trinity, but still good.

- Fourth ability is pretty neat - panic button for whole team. Actually it makes me wonder if 3-4 Harrows could be invincible 24/7 if they rotate their casts.

Overall he looks like more mobile Trinity with focus on offense (less casting due to abilities being aura based, firerate buff instead of damage reduction, heals and energy regen on killing enemies).

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Yep, MOA battery at the back is a weakspot. Funny, that even DE don't know that, seeing how Rebecca actually tried to shot MOA's tiny head instead. Speaking of devs not playing their own game, though.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

1 minute ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

Yep, MOA battery at the back is a weakspot. Funny, that even DE don't know that, seeing how Rebecca actually tried to shot MOA's tiny head instead. Speaking of devs don't playing their own game, though.

Actually, their heads still count as weakspot, shooting it will count as headshot and will trigger mod like argon scope. Their battery packs are just extra weakpoints

I appreciate the changes to Thurible making it a very viable energy gain ability, but I will miss the spectral swingy hands since it made his kit feel a bit more diverse (and I have a thing for deployables and summons).

His kit is strong indeed, with lots of buffing and restores with hard CC and brief invulnerability to boot, 2 abilities not reliant on range mods, an interesting drain shield for duration mechanic, and soon one of the only ways to get the new more powerful Red Crits (if they implement it). So hyped.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

>.> hes also about as fitting to a priest theme as radiation is to a nature theme. or a cleric theme. Or a minotaur theme. >.> with skills all named after priest things. Hallowed ground? Its not like DE havent mixed themes up in the past... oberon... And I don't know about you but priests seem to enjoy using guns. At least in all the witch hunter/ vampire hunter/ monster hunting movies like Van Helsing

Oberon himself is pretty arguable and players themselves still argue what he should be. If you feel Oberon's not fitting then you can make your own thread for it instead of just accepting it as it is. Isn't that the purpose of this forums?

And If Harrow is supposedly based on witch hunter/excorcist, then basing him through just headshot is not exactly fitting either. If his theme needs to be tied to a gun then It's more fitting if he has ability to "bless" or imbue your weapon so it can deal more damage against infested/corrupted or something rather than tying it to headshot.

Edited by Rekkou

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I don't see the problem. It's not even that hard to land headshots. I'm more concerned about killing enemies at all when paired with frames with nuke abilities. 

what you mean the same issues you have with nidus until wof etc stops doing damage....... so looks like Harrow is a solo frame then :)