Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the Gift of the Lotus the other day...

Coldie93

The second GotL was actually the Council Challenge, but it was mislabeled -- Rebecca noted that following alerts would be named as such.

Design Council is given a few options and then it's voted. Glad to see people enjoyed it :)

Edited by NightmareT12
Challenge, now with 10% less "G"

9 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The second GotL was actually the Council Challene, but it was mislabeled -- Rebecca noted that following alerts would be named as such.

Design Council is given a few options and then it's voted. Glad to see people enjoyed it :)

ah, thought it was the late april fools joke we have all been waiting for... (in the alerts I mean)

it was nice to have such a high level survival....though it was also a bit...easy..for me, then again i was in octavia...and was the only one NOT to go down....and it was my first time taking her into a pug..im pretty dang certain the Nova priming the enemies made it a lot easier in terms of damage output.

Edited by Kalvorax

Very enjoyable alert. Sadly there wasn't really anything unique to it and it did last a bit long, but overall I welcome high level missings very very much and honestly hope to see many more to come. Aside from sorties or endurance runs we don't really have access to high lvl content from the get-go which is sad.

7 minutes ago, kyori said:

Interesting? Low MR players might not be able to get that high level survival potato.

Should they though? Its high level for a reason. (And I carried an MR3 through when I ran it anyway. Guy died a billion times but so long as you res em they're just as helpful as anyone else. Would much rather have an MR3 spamming radial blind than some scrub running about with a tonkor killing themself anyway)

Really though.. I liked it, it wasn't necessarily challenging.. I accidently left my extinguished dragon key on from an earlier riven opening (whoops) but was still able to kill things. In fact I was second most kills in the team as loki wearing that key. If I can kill with an extinguished key on, pretty much anyone be helpful in those.

3 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Should they though? Its high level for a reason. (And I carried an MR3 through when I ran it anyway. Guy died a billion times but so long as you res em they're just as helpful as anyone else. Would much rather have an MR3 spamming radial blind than some scrub running about with a tonkor killing themself anyway)

Really though.. I liked it, it wasn't necessarily challenging.. I accidently left my extinguished dragon key on from an earlier riven opening (whoops) but was still able to kill things. In fact I was second most kills in the team as loki wearing that key. If I can kill with an extinguished key on, pretty much anyone be helpful in those.

Yup, I had my eyes closed during the survival. Survival is really boring for players who has the experience and right gear.

11 minutes ago, kyori said:

And why should it be only for high level players?... what nonsense reply.

I could say same thing about your post. Beside, lvl 100 20 mins survival is not something average player is incapable of.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Interesting? Low MR players might not be able to get that high level survival potato.

I think that it's fine.  The easy mission is for all players to get the regular free potato blueprint and a small pick-me-up for new players.  The difficult mission is more like an incentive for older players who build their frames and weapon for difficult content.

And it's not like the low MR players cant get that high difficulty potato.  There might be some nice players willing to carry them.

I'm gonna look forward to these Council Challenges in the future. And might I suggest "Trial of the Council" as its mission name.  :)

Edit: adding my experience of the Council Challenge..

Pugging it was quite fun. I was caught off guard since I didnt see the enemy level so the first run was a disaster. But I managed to do it on my second run. I now have learned Titania's potential in late game.  I mostly carried the team.  Spellbind, Latern and a full Dust buff made it safe to revive people in the heat of gunfire.

Edited by Coldie93

Just an FYI, the Council Challenge isn't always gonna be Survival, Grineer, even the same level range.

The level range always exists, but DE has us choose a faction, and then select a mission type from a list they give us, essentially forcing variation (which is good, IMO).

While I imagine Grineer will be the most popular, expect to see Corpus Spy missions or other such combos from time to time.

Personally, I wish we had the ability to choose modifiers like gravity and exploding enemies, but oh well.

On 04/17/2017 at 2:02 PM, Magneu said:

Just an FYI, the Council Challenge isn't always gonna be Survival, Grineer, even the same level range.

The level range always exists, but DE has us choose a faction, and then select a mission type from a list they give us, essentially forcing variation (which is good, IMO).

While I imagine Grineer will be the most popular, expect to see Corpus Spy missions or other such combos from time to time.

Personally, I wish we had the ability to choose modifiers like gravity and exploding enemies, but oh well.

For Spy,  instead of just amping up the enemy level,  why not make it 6 consoles and half the destroy time when you are detected.  Ciphers should be unusable ofc.