Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitian Extract

TonyClark29

I would like there to be some more ways to get this. It took me 2 weeks to get 5 Nitian Extract, and in my opinion, it takes to long. Id like more than alerts... because I cant be on all the time and alerts don't show up with it often enough for me when I play the game.

I sympathize, but I expect there isn't much that will be done to make it available outside of alerts. It is already available - at a very, very low frequency - via reactor sabotage missions, if you open all three caches. The chances are infinitesimal, though. 

Basically, DE is (pointlessly) using it to gate progress because that's the kind of thing they do. I'd have very much liked it to be available more easily too, but right now it's just wait and grab it when you can. Now I run nitain missions whenever I see them even though I have nothing to build--I do it just in case something needs it.

Edit: I should probably be running Synthula missions too, for the inevitable moment where a new weapon or warframe requires 9,000 synthula to build. But honestly, screw that.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

There are 4 alerts per day on average which last an hour usually and like others here I think we can all agree that the way it's done doesn't really work considering the time zones people play in, basically it's another thing that doesn't work very well if you're in europe etc.  Having said that if you do the alerts as you see them and not just when you need them they do soon add up

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Edit: I should probably be running Synthula missions too, for the inevitable moment where a new weapon or warframe requires 9,000 synthula to build. But honestly, screw that.

Actually I should probably be doing that as well....because we all know it's coming lol

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

should probably be running Synthula missions too, for the inevitable moment where a new weapon or warframe requires 9,000 synthula to build. But honestly, screw that.

I doubt it. The description for Synthula states it is only used for stims. 

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I sympathize, but I expect there isn't much that will be done to make it available outside of alerts. It is already available - at a very, very low frequency - via reactor sabotage missions, if you open all three caches. The chances are infinitesimal, though. 

They changed it afterwards to also include void sabotage caches.

I once got a nitain from thete while farming for Bullet Dance, I also got a built forma there. But it was from about 20 runs total and no Bullet Dance.

Yeah chances are low. Not sure if it increased now since one of the latest hotfixes I believe mentioned something about improving void sabotage rewards on the higher level sabotage mission.

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I doubt it. The description for Synthula states it is only used for stims. 

They are not reluctant to invent new components/resources, so if it's not synthula, it'll be something else. I'm surprised Octavia doesn't require rhythmin oxide or bassdroppium something. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

35 minutes ago, TonyClark29 said:

It took me 2 weeks to get 5 Nitian Extract

Damn! That's pretty unlucky, I must say. I admit I play a bit more than the average bear, but I just grabbed 10 within the last 5 days.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Basically, DE is (pointlessly) using it to gate progress because that's the kind of thing they do.

That's constructive of you. "They do this because they do it, and it's pointless." Real insightful. The reason games have time-gated resources like this is to ensure players pace out their gameplay, so that they:

• don't burn out on grind, and
  • don't run through all the new content right away.

Whether or not you agree with this practice is a matter of opinion, but I assure you that it looks very different from alternate sides of the game development fence. Nitain was almost definitely a response to smug players popping onto the Forums an hour after the release of an update that took months to make, saying "I'm done and bored again, hurry up and make something new for me to play with". 

I know why developers feel the need to gate content. I think this particular implementation of it is poor (and I think it's in general a bad idea); I would much rather have players leave the game happy and come back enthusiastic than throw unnecessary roadblocks in the path of players.

Of course, Warframe isn't a game that wants players to leave until the next DLC, so maybe that's the real problem.

Anyway, yeah. In this case, I believe the gating is pointless. What is special about the items that require Nitain that makes them need this kind of progress gating? Nothing, really. Of course, this works as a nice test of whether this type of gating is doable, so (as I said in another thread) I should probably be doing Synthula alerts too. Or whatever the next Alertium turns out to be.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

18 hours ago, TonyClark29 said:

I would like there to be some more ways to get this. It took me 2 weeks to get 5 Nitian Extract, and in my opinion, it takes to long. Id like more than alerts... because I cant be on all the time and alerts don't show up with it often enough for me when I play the game.

Resource caches in Extermination mission in Kuva Fortress.

I ran the Orokin Sabotage missions trying to get more Nitain and I can tell you, the drop chance is so abysmal you don't want to repeat my mistakes.

I didn't exactly log my progress, but during 3 days of farming I looted 2 Nitain from the caches. I would say that's maybe 50-75 missions I did.