Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Smeeta Kavats and Kuva Siphons - other players asking that they not destory the final kuva cloud

Andrew7811

Question

I have experienced multiple kuva siphon missions where one of my squadmates told me that he's not going to destroy the fourth kuva cloud, claiming that his smeeta kavat will increase the amount of kuva obtained if he does not go after the final cloud. I don't use smeeta kavats when I enter kuva siphon missions, so I don't know if smeeta kavats can even do this to begin with. I'm asking if this is actually a bug or not, and if a player specifically asks that he does not participate in the seeking out the final cloud so that he can "exploit" what I believe to be a bug is considered proper behavior.

11 answers to this question

Last I checked it still worked. On the rare occasion that your Smeeta's double resource charm activates at the proper time, it will double kuva acquisition. That means players using Smeeta kavats often don't want to finish off the siphon because they're waiting for it to possibly activate. Additionally, if you enter operator mode you lose the buff, which means a player using a Smeeta with the buff active will want someone else to destroy the final cloud because it is the only way they can get the additional amount.

It's not a bug or an exploit dude. One of smeetas many charm buffs is a resource and affinity booster. It's honestly a huge waste of time to sit around waiting for the booster to proc when you could just be doing another mission and maybe get lucky though.

edumicate yourself http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charm

Edited by maj.death

It also works with Void Traces and Medallions, along with various other things that probably shouldn't work with it.

Your anecdote is a very good example of the buff promoting annoying "don't do this yet wait for me" type gameplay, but removing Charm's ability to double drops from many exclusive sources would raise hell with the people who opt to wait for the drop chance, now that it's already been added to the game. Ah, the woes of community...

I can guarantee it still works with both Kuva and Void Traces. The catch is that you can not be in operator mode at the exact moment when the kuva/traces are awarded. So long as:

1. The buff is active.
  2. You are controlling your Warframe, not your operator.

As long as those are true, the buff will apply. I've spent enough time using my Smeeta to know how she works. :satisfied:

d1bQ2XI.png

Edited by iPathos

I've not much experience with smeeta as the user or as someone in a squad with a user so the following is pure conjecture.

Unless it doubles the amount for everyone, screw that guy.  Get the kuva, finish the mission and move on.  If he wants to double his kuva let him find someone willing to adhere to his terms prior to a mission.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I've not much experience with smeeta as the user or as someone in a squad with a user so the following is pure conjecture.

Unless it doubles the amount for everyone, screw that guy.  Get the kuva, finish the mission and move on.  If he wants to double his kuva let him find someone willing to adhere to his terms prior to a mission.

It only affects the owner.

It is 100% a thing and is not a bug due to the smeeta cat having a resource booster charm buff if you will, but keep in mind it will only work for them.

To be honest if it happens cool, but waiting around for it when you could be doing more kuva runs is a waste of time in my opinion...and if you aren't the one even getting the buff it is even more a waste of time.

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

I can guarantee it still works with both Kuva and Void Traces. The catch is that you can not be in operator mode at the exact moment when the kuva/traces are awarded. So long as:

1. The buff is active.

As long as those are true, the buff will apply. I've spent enough time using my Smeeta to know how she works. :satisfied:

d1bQ2XI.png

Holy F***, you forma'd that cat 100 times? Thats some dedication.

Back on topic, smeeta's are very rng heavy, and while they can boost kuva, you're probably better off just getting a real booster of some sort.

35 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

To clarify my intent with using my Smeeta on Kuva Siphons and/or trace farming, I don't wait for the buff and miss pickups before I see it unless I'm in solo or with a premade team. I just take my cat and if the buff applies in time, the buff applies in time. If not, it doesn't.

@Sakatchi Yep, went through a phase where I really wanted to bring her up to spec, and I enjoy using her with Inaros since the below is possible with the right setup. Also they definitely are RNG-heavy, you can sometimes get four double buffs in a row, or not get a buff for over 10 minutes. Both have happened, but I still like to take her. Plus I never Kuva farm without a resource booster, because of how much more efficient it is.

tf7oFp5.png

Edited by iPathos
Added more info.

11 hours ago, iPathos said:

1. The buff is active.

d1bQ2XI.png

So there is enough time to dash and press 5 to get back in before the syphon is destroyed and you are rewarded?

Also I had no idea about the syndicate medallions, that just makes no sense...