Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Riven?

InsideBleed

Question

9 answers to this question

First trick/tip. The challenge only counts abilities used within the proximity to the target. Cephalon Simaris will call out the target twice. Once when you load in the mission (if the target is there) and again when you are nearby. Any abilities used before getting near the target will not fail the challenge. You just can't use abilities near it.

The second tip/trick is that the target an still be stunned/knocked down with melee weapons. Slam attacks and any melee weapon that may have high status + blast damage can knock down targets, giving the player a small window to scan one of the 'blips' on the target.

The second tip/trick is that the challenge will fail if the player directs damage to their shields/health. It does not register bonus health provided with abilities such as Iron Skin or Warding Halo (Rhino and Nezha respectively).

A friend of mine had this same challenge and requested my help with it. I did with Nezha for Warding Halo and decent speed, and equipped the synthesis scanner once I was nearby. When I got to the target I would knock it down by slam attacking the ground which would knock it over, then attempt to scan one or more of the blips. Rinse and repeat until secure.

If you use an ability before Simaris say there is a syntesis target, the challange would not be considered as failed.
So, you can use Rhino's iron skin, Nezha's halo or stealth ability (preferably Ivara's prowl to avoid recast) to not take any damages.
You can also use blast Zenistar disc to immobilize the target and make the scann easier.

Possible to do, but will depend on luck. If the target spawn in an open area, you can scan it from far away, without ever triggering it. Sometimes the AI will also glitch and it will just stand there. Also the riven doesn't say anything about doing it alone. so you could maybe have someone else run up and tank it while you scan.