Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia anthem seems impossible

(PSN)StellarPotato

Question

so im on the find the second fragment of octavia anthem.

i do not see a way through this.

i struggle to fight one sentient. let alone two at time.

then two more.

then 3 more!

i just dont see how i can possible do this solo.

im running out of ammo.

im running out of energy.

switching between weapons to try and do more damage when they become immune isnt helping.

ive never hit point in this entire game where i see no freaking way out.

how the hell has anyone done this solo.

Operator beam resets resistances, ammo pads work fine, specters can help.

Honestly i have to say that its most likely in your builds, as before they nerfed the drop rates i killed many, many sentients there using a wide range of frames and weapons.

Valk / Excal have it fairly easy, due to evenly distributed IPS on ther Ult.

Volt's shield is 100% protection, and a big boost to dmg.

Mag's 2 just wrecks them.

Most snipers or explosives blow past multiple healthgates in a single shot, and lanka/rubico/vectis will all 1-shot if built right.

Run over the glowing orbs once you get a kill, as it will max out your health, energy, and shields. (and it will stop sentients doing the same if they get to it)

Concultysts are invulnerable while in whirlwind, so just get out of range. (yes i know i spelt it wrong)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Elvangreen

To fight Sentients, you have to use several elemental combinations on your weapons to go through their resistance cap.

I used a triple-element (Corrosive, Explosive, Magnetic) Simulor Synoid to wreck them, and finished them with Gas Akstiletto.

Any tanky frame to survive easily (I did it with Trinity as well).

If you finished TWW (sorry if it's obvious, I don't know what are the prerequisite for Octavia's Anthem Quest)

Spoiler

It seems that the Operator's Beam can cancel their resistance (didn't try)

Edited by Chewarette

I'm really sorry to hear that you're drowning in worry like this, I don't think anyone should be left behind. I know how it feels to try taking on Sentients like this; and how advice from people far, far above your league doesn't help at all. (For example, advising you to take a Sancti Tigris on them, which you likely don't have)

My solution to the Sentients was Valkyr, because she packs a punch and is invincible while in Hysteria. Excalibur is great as well, but risks dying if you don't have enough energy reserves. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

They are very squishy for sentients, pity they don't seem to drop anything. :) I just used Nova as usual. Titania might be a good option, I know the normal sentients have a difficult time hitting her when Razorwing is active.

They used to drop argon in huge amounts; but DE fixed that, sadly.

Just now, Ollnozz said:

I'm really sorry to hear that you're drowning in worry like this, I don't think anyone should be left behind. I know how it feels to try taking on Sentients like this; and how advice from people far, far above your league doesn't help at all. (For example, advising you to take a Sancti Tigris on them, which you likely don't have)

My solution to the Sentients was Valkyr, because she packs a punch and is invincible while in Hysteria. Excalibur is great as well, but risks dying if you don't have enough energy reserves. 

thanks.

its frustrating for sure. im not a hardcore  mastery chaser . i dont do the raids.

i feel like that shouldnt get me left behind. and so far ive managed to find a way through it all.

but ive never felt so helpless as this one right here. 

im gonna give it ago with val

Just now, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

thanks.

its frustrating for sure. im not a hardcore  mastery chaser . i dont do the raids.

i feel like that shouldnt get me left behind. and so far ive managed to find a way through it all.

but ive never felt so helpless as this one right here. 

im gonna give it ago with val

I dislike the difficulty spike DE's put into some of these quests (Octavia's Anthem a prime example, and don't go rattling on about how you can oneshot Sentients with anything in your arsenal, potential skeptics). It overcomplicates things for casual players like yourself, who find themselves up against challenges and enemies they've never even heard of, and find it a herculean task to deal with them. (Juggernaut farming in the Jordas Precept) While I think DE should reduce this wall of difficulty, another problem arises, and that's how the pros find the quest. If we were to replace the Sentients in the Anthem with squishy Infested, it would be much more manageable for casuals, but veteran players would be bored out of their mind, and ask for a challenge. A challenge that may again restrict those with less advanced gear. It's a bit of a crux, really, because in an game like this where big numbers mean everything, the difference between a casual and a competitive player makes it almost impossible to fully implement balance in terms of combat in Quests. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

ive yet to be able to get my operates power built up to use in a any runs. ill keep at it 

You don't have to invest in the focus tree to use the operator to reset their resistances. Assuming you've done TWW:

Spoiler

Go into operator mode (where it lets you walk around as the kid) and give them a love tap with the laser and their resistances will be completely reset.

The fastest ways I've found to kill them was with Mag and Limbo. Each sentient took only a few seconds to kill with Mag and Limbo one shot them with a barrage from Stasis.

Just now, Ollnozz said:

I dislike the difficulty spike DE's put into some of these quests (Octavia's Anthem a prime example, and don't go rattling on about how you can oneshot Sentients with anything in your arsenal, potential skeptics). It overcomplicates things for casual players like yourself, who find themselves up against challenges and enemies they've never even heard of, and find it a herculean task to deal with them. (Juggernaut farming in the Jordas Precept) While I think DE should reduce this wall of difficulty, another problem arises, and that's how the pros find the quest. If we were to replace the Sentients in the Anthem with squishy Infested, it would be much more manageable for casuals, but veteran players would be bored out of their mind, and ask for a challenge. A challenge that may again restrict those with less advanced gear. It's a bit of a crux, really, because in an game like this where big numbers mean everything, the difference between a casual and a competitive player makes it almost impossible to fully implement balance in terms of combat in Quests. 

I find that the anthem actually did have a decent balance, as any of the points where you actually had to kill the sentients to progress, it was never more then 2-3, and you could run or fight as you wished in other parts. (and the sentients are far weaker than those you normally encounter)

However, if the player does not have any builds capable of dealing with the 2-3 sentients, AND the quest is locked to solo, a problem does definitely arise.

4 minutes ago, Ollnozz said:

you bring up very good points.

and while i a casual player who loves this game. wants to have my place in it. 

i certainly dont want hardcore players to feel there is no place in it for them.

i gave it a go with val. her ult made it easy.

its tricky for DE. they made beast of game that has grown far more complicated and diverse then they ever expected.

Just now, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

thank you all for the help. i gave it a run with val and got through it with ease.

somehow i guess i never took val to lua before. i did not know her ult made me immune.

i just assumed  they would like nullify it  being sentient 

Only stalker nullifies abilities, the sentients merely resist those cast upon them.

warning for further on, there is a point where the sentients are endless, so depending on how you feel you might want to doge around them and run to evac.

Anyway, congrats.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

somehow i guess i never took val to lua before. i did not know her ult made me immune.

Use Rage mod if you have it. It will keep the health n energy in a loop... else you might used up your energy n your 4 can't save you anymore.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

so im on the find the second fragment of octavia anthem.

i do not see a way through this.

i struggle to fight one sentient. let alone two at time.

then two more.

then 3 more!

i just dont see how i can possible do this solo.

im running out of ammo.

im running out of energy.

switching between weapons to try and do more damage when they become immune isnt helping.

ive never hit point in this entire game where i see no freaking way out.

how the hell has anyone done this solo.

Once the Sentients become resistant to your attacks, press 5 to enter Tenno mode, blast them with your beam that it will remove their resistance. This way you can finish them off more easily and without using up so much Ammo.

Rhino has his armor and a good crowd control. I did the quest with him. I think Inaros with a good melee weapon (let's say broken war) is able to beat sentients to death (that what I do now, but I use the void beam also; I don't know how he's performing without the beam). Valkyr should work, and anything with a good and cheap crowd control.

At that point of the game you have the focus ; if your focus is zenurik, energy regen helps a lot. I don't know about the other (i guess Madurai can deal good damages ?).

Sentients may have up to 4 resistance; so you need 5 type of damage. This mission doesn't give ammo, so your weapons have to be ammo-efficient - and you should use your melee as much as possible.

Another way is to do the quest the war within beforehand, to get [spoil].

Anyway, the quest is hard as hell given when you have access to it. At that point you don't have operator, your focus isn't upped, your only really good weapon is the broken war (there's only a few prime weapons craftabe at that point, since you have amost no access to axi relics, and I'm not sure you can do any no wraith/vandal/whatever weapon), so sentients are really hard to beat. In term of difficulty, it should be placed after the war within.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa